Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

• GMT (5 reviews)

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-05-15 Name: Tye the Hvac guy
Location: West orange nj

"Online heating and cooling"
I see all the bad reviews about any brand of Hvac equip is coming from uncertified installers what about the guy that said he went through two heat exchangers how I've put in about 250 furnaces Only one was bad and I caught it on a visual Inspection of the unit if your not a Hvac tech or installer Or you hacked your own Hvac job you have no valid opinion Be cause u don't know how to install a furnace or ac properly The devil is in the details

Date created: 2011-05-13 Name: bob pisula
Location: berea,ky

"model#ARUF182416CA"
serial#1009037293 I came home to my new house of three months and the temp. in the house was 79 degrees and the furnace wwas still running when the thermostat was set at 70. It would not shut off until I turned the power off. The builder and the installer can't explain what happened, or if the unit would kept running until it burned my new house down to the ground.

Date created: 2011-04-21 Location: lake charles, louisiana

"My Goodman Furnace"
I have recently purchased a Goodman furnace and I am very pleased with it. Many people do not purchase these types of units because they do not know about them and they are not advertised. I have installed the furnace myself and have not had one problem with it. It is a very well built unit and does the job quite well. This furnace has many safety devices and if something goes wrong it will shut the unit down due to the safety factor. I was hooked on heat pumps until I decided to go with gas heat. I much prefer gas heat over electric due to the fact of energy savings. Along with great performance the Goodman furnace offers a great warranty which includes 5 years on parts and 1 year on labor. The price of this furnace is way cheaper than if one was to buy a Trane or a Carrier unit. Many people do not know that they are paying for the name when the units do exactly the same thing and have the same parts in them. Overall I put Goodman at the top of my list and if I were in the heating and cooling business I would push this product very hard so people can get more bang for their buck along with the comfort of knowing that they have a good unit that is backed by a great warranty.

Date created: 2011-04-16 Name: Mike Day
Location: Bloomingdale, IL

"An expensivie, poor quality product"
We had a Goodman gas forced air furnace installed on 03/07/2007, model # GDS80703AX. The unit has only been used for 3 full heating seasons (2008, 2009, 2010). The unit has consistent breakdowns, usually in the early morning hours (2 - 3 a.m.). The circuit board has been replaced 3 times. The inducer motor was replaced in 2010 along with the limit switch, flame sensor, and gas value. We will never own another Goodman furnace or product ever. It is an expensive, poorly made, cheap quality product and Goodman is actively ripping off consumers.

Date created: 2011-04-15 Name: J.A. Keiling
Location: Cumberland, MD

"So far...SOOO Good!"
I bought my Goodman 69k 95% AFUE gas furnace in October and installed it and all ductwork and piping this past fall. Lit furnace on Dec. 1...lit straight away and has been absolutely flawless since. My friend ordered the exact same model and actually had his installed before me. Neither of us has had any problems whatsoever during this past very brutal winter. I am astonished at how effectively and efficiently it heats my old house. My gas bills are freakishly low. I just bought the house and had just installed a small woodburner in the basement before ordering the Goodman. That woodburner seems like a silly novelty item now. It made more dust than heat. For those complaining about noise, I wonder if they are aware that multi-speed fan models can have their speed changed with a simple lead swap at the control board? I was careful installing mine...did alot of research and reading, asked questions and above all READ THE DAMN INSTRUCTION MANUAL. The instructions are very well written and easy to follow and understand. I installed my entire system...gas piping, vent, flue, all metal ductwork, floor registers, electrical supply, t-stat, concrete housekeeping pad, and everything for less than $1,900.00. Everything good quality and brand new. Woulda been much less, but had to have 2 pieces of ductwork custom fabricated and was a bit pricey, but nicely done. It looks great and works even better. I looked at a Kelvinator on the sales floor where I bought my ducting and it had the exact same gas valve, control board, aluminized steel exchanger and GE blower in it that mine did...exactly the same, but cost WAY more. It also has the silicon nitride ignitor. After all this, I wonder why the Hell anyone would heat with something other than gas (provided it's available of course). I'm extremely satisfied thus far...oh yeah...and the thing looks real nice too!

Date created: 2011-04-13 Name: Owen Geoghegan
Location: Norton MA

"Plumbing Contractor"
As I read the reviews of different heating equipment, especially the negative ones regardless of the manufacturer, I see one common theme. That is the equipment installed is far to large. As the most glaring example is a complaint of a customer that has two furnaces, one in the basement 120,000 BTUH, and one in the Attic 80,000 BTUH for a Total of 200,000 BTUH. This is probably for a standard 2 story colonial house which in the Boston MA area is about 65,000 BTUH at 5 degrees fahrenheit. Thats more than three times the amount of energy this house needs, and most of the time its no ware near 5 degrees. At 50 degrees this house likely needs 25,000 BTUH. This causes many problems,first you will never be comfortable in this home. Second these systems will short cycle at incredible rates causing burnt out igniters,fried control boards,dirty Flame sensors, cracked heat exchanges, ect. Think what would happen to your car if you started it 500 times a day verses say 6. Heating systems have notoriously been oversized in the past. The older systems handle short cycling better. the new systems do not, but they give you very reliable service and outstanding fuel saving and much better comfort if they are sized right. If you look at the rate of very satisfied to very unsatisfied you could probably guess which systems were sized properly. It takes and educated contractor to size and service heating and air conditioning equipment. This educated contractor probably also knows his cost structure and is going to earn a living running a Professional business. The educated contractor also knows he can't compete against the cheapest bidder, nor do they want to, therefore this contractor must avoid doing estimates for customers who's criteria is the lowest price. It takes about three hours to do a proper heating estimate, of which time you the customer sees about 45 minutes but thinks its ten. The educated contractor has ways of pre-qualifying customers over the phone and we will let you say no to the estimate. We want happy satisfied customers who recommend us to people they know , we don,t get this unless we do the job right. But before you throw the cheapest contractor under the bus, remember that a large portion of customers criteria is the lowest price, a market that the cheapest contractor satisfies. Owen Geoghegan Owen Geoghegan Plumbing & Heating

Date created: 2011-03-28 Name: Vicki Petherick
Location: Tulsa, OK

"Good"
My equipment worked fine for the 5 years under warrenty. As soon as the warranty was up everyting started breaking!!! Air and heat. I would have been better off spending a little more for better equipment! This has been a nightmare!!!

Date created: 2011-03-28 Name: Dan K.
Location: Kansas

"Very costly and unreliable!"
Had 4 of these units installed in Nursing Homes, two in 2007 and 2 in 2008. Constant problems, just informed installer to remove if one more problem exists, warranty or not. I cant afford to have cold elderly on a consistant basis. Pulled old furnaces out and were origonal equipment from 1961. Cant believe the junk made these days! I do have 8 older goodman units that were installed in 1999 and dont have any issues at all other than an occasional igniter failure.

Date created: 2011-03-16 Name: peter rush
Location: Brantford Ontario Canada.

"furnace breakdown"
We purchased a gooman HE furnace Nov 2006 supposably guaranteed for five years.As you can see it does not run out until Nov 2011. In that time it has acted up twice with bills mounting to 230 dollars. I have approached the supplier for to be reimbursed for part of my outlay only to be informed that it is out of warranty(I am not a happy person) As we live in Canada we had to have it fixed right away not being able to wait for the company to take action. I wil think twice next time. Try to get a goodman rep. to answer about your preblems, Good luck.

Date created: 2011-03-16 Name: Peter Chamas
Location: Millstone, NJ

"terrible product"
I installed 3 Goodman furnaces in my home in 1999. The heat exchange on two of them failed just after the 10 year mark. The individual from the gas company who came out to check on our systems said that Goodman furnaces are known for having problems with their heat exchanges. For anyone who does not know, the heat exchange is the guts of the furnace and by far the most expensive part to replace. It was not worth fixing them, so I had to purchase two new furnaces. Go with a different Mfg.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>