Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

• GMT (5 reviews)

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2012-10-02 Name: goodman bob
Location: it aint goodman

"READ THIS and you'll never buy goodman"
Goodman control boards have a know fault in that they have the wrong rated relays built on to the boards. You'd be lucky if the board lasts 5 years. Even the replacement boards have this same issue. The motor mfg for the blower motor make a junk product period. Its hit or miss you might get get a good one or not. The inducer motors had a design change to help increase longevity. They are still junk. And still suffer high rate of failures. Heat exchangers should last life of unit assuming your contract did not put in the wrong size furnace cause the bigger model was on sale. Seen that every day. Goodman cuts cost where they can to deliver a value priced product . While if all I installed correctly and size accordingly your rolling the dice. If you do decide to buy ask contractor about assure warranty. If you catch it while on sale this is an extended warranty from Goodman mfg. That will pay all labor costs for 10 years. They make a decent AC unit but all units require hard start kits. Its in the installer book. And the txv valve that they use is 100% junk. Some swear by it while others bash it till no end. Would I buy it? Yes, but I'd look at other off brands that are say clones of some other brand. Like Payne which is carrier budget brand, or heck thermal zone which is made by by rheem. No name brand less money but not issues like good junk.

Date created: 2012-07-07 Name: S Kirk
Location: New Jersey

"15 years and still ticking"
Like the old Timex watch commercials, "takes a lickin' and keeps on ticken'". Had this Goodman 80,000 btu, 3-ton blower furnace installed in 1997 for just over $900 and it's still going strong. Over the years it has needed one replacement circuit board and one igniter, both covered under warranty ($60 for service call), so I really can't complain. Heat exchanger is still fine (not cracked) and it warms my 2500 sq ft house very well, tho' my gas bill gets very high. Last Summer, I installed a 3-ton York A/C compressor and coil which has already needed 3 service calls, so I think that equipment manufactured today is of lower quality than the older stuff was (components now manufactured in Asia). When the time comes to replace this furnace I'm going with Goodman again, hoping their quality has not deteriorated as much as some of the other brands.

Date created: 2012-05-29 Name: Scott M. M.
Location: St. Louis MO

"No Problems"
I have had my Goodman gas furnace and a/c unit for one year now and I have no complaints. Heats and cools my house very well. I received my usage statement from my electric company (Ameren ue) and my usage went down by 30% and that was just for half a years use (Jun. to Dec.) My unit was installed on the side by hvac installers that also install Lennox and other name brands. They said that all brands break down and that they have not noticed that Goodman break down any more or less than the expensive name brands. My Aunt has also had a Goodman unit for 5 years and loves it, and my sister-in-law has one too with no problems! My brother had a Rudd installed at the same time I did and it does not cool his house well and it broke down already. Of course his installer trashed Goodman, but who has had the problems? Not me!

Date created: 2012-04-12 Name: Jason Urbanec
Location: Nebraska

"2 stage heat pump 16 Seer"
If your looking for a cheap heat pump, a Goodman is the way to go; because that's exactly what it is. I purchased my unit less than a month ago, and I am having some serious buyer's remorse. I should have stuck with my older Lennox heat pump that was noisy but still working. If you want a heat pump that throws out heat when its 45 degrees outside; I would recommend a better brand. If you need to contact Goodman's customer service; good luck because you half to pay your installer for there time to contact of them. If I could take the unit back and spend a little more money on a good one. I would do it in a heartbeat!!! Take my advice saves yourself some time, a wife upset about a cold house and hard earned money, and get something better.

Date created: 2012-04-11 Name: Dan Keith
Location: Joliet, Il

"No Problems Ever"
I bought this furnace and ac and was installed by a extremely competent technician. I opted to get the variable speed fan for extra electrical savings. I have not been disappointed with my purchase and would buy another Goodman. My gas bills have dropped by about 1/3 they were before and my house stays warm in winter and cool in summer.

Date created: 2012-03-18 Name: Garrett F.
Location: Missouri

"Never had a problem"
We have a 2008 Goodman Natural Gas Furnace (80% Efficient, Upflow) and it works fine. We rent the house it's in. Never had a problem since we moved in a year ago. It is matched to a 13 seer (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) 3-Ton Air Conditioner, which works great too. Never had as much as 1 problem with the unit. Thanks Goodman for keeping our house comfortable year round!

Date created: 2012-03-06 Name: Clay Gilliam
Location: cgilliam@carolina.rr.com

"A piece of JUNK!"
I am on my 4th motherboard and my 2nd air conditioner exchange unit in 5 years. I have had to pay labor on all of these repairs which now totals over 1500 dollars! This product just plain sucks!

Date created: 2012-02-19 Name: P. Weller
Location: North Augusta, SC

"Furnace Installation"
My furnace was installed in a mobile home despite clear instructions that it was not supposed to. The installer was a very young man with less than a year's experience and was moonlighting from his daytime job with an established hvac contractor. He was allowed to do this by both me and his employer because he was the son of my daughters boyfriend at the time. I just knew this was going to be a bad experience but I allowed, for family reasons, it to continue. The boy never finished the installation and I, without experience had to finish the running of the flue pipe and then do extensive work on closing in the unit and building a cold air return. I just knew this thing would blow up the minute I turned it on but to my pleasant surprise, it all worked and has been for over 6 years. Any unit that can take the installation abuse this one has and operate trouble free for this long can't be all bad. I've put in a call for help today, it's not igniting but this time it will be checked out by a reputable service provider. I can't wait to hear what he has to say about this conclomeration.

Date created: 2012-02-18 Name: Diane Heiser
Location: Greenville, SC

"Scrap Metal"
Had to have service on this unit every year since we have lived here. This is the second time the heater cores have cracked. Luckily we are all still alive. The house has never been warm and when the furnace is needed the most it is not working. We have had to replace blower motors, capacitor, control board, gas regulator valve, heater cores and numerous other parts. Goodman should be ashamed to market this product.

Date created: 2012-02-16 Name: M. Turner
Location: Spokane WA

"What a joke"
We have had nothing but trouble since this was installed. Now for the second winter in a row it's not heating the house, and the fan won't work when the thermostat is set on "auto". When it does blow it's cold air-our house temp is a balmy 59.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>