Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

• GMT (5 reviews)

<< Previous1819202122232425262728Next >>

Date created: 2008-01-26 Name: Robert Graham
Location: Tijeras, NM

I am having lots of trouble with this 80%AFUE furnamce installed with a 55000/35000 heat pump unit. Apparently the saleman forgot to tell me that at 7100' elevation the heat pump is useless most of the year. Then the themostat they recommended was wireless so the heat pump and furnace don't work in conjunction with each other. We have propane and the furnace has a BTU rating 25000 less with propane or 20%. Now we are forced to have a heating and cooling load test performed on our house because the installer and Goodman have washed their hands of the matter. We have been cold all winter.

Date created: 2008-01-20 Name: J Pilcher
Location: Denver, Co

I had my furnace replaced last year and I have had no problems with the unit. The contractor I chose was professional and did a good job of installing the unit. My house is much warmer now and I have saved on my utility bills. I don't think the Goodman brand is any better or worse than any other furnace brand.

Date created: 2008-01-06 Name: P Johnson
Location: Sioux Falls SD

We built our house in 1996. We have had to replace the electronic board once, the ignitor a total of 7 times. We have had 4 different companies try to figure out why the ignitor keeps going out with no luck. So far in 2008, we have had the ignitor replaced twice. We are now looking at getting a new furnace.

Date created: 2007-12-20 Name: P.M. Apsey
Location: Rockf. Mi

I own 2 hi efficency units. One I put in a speck home produced too much carbon monoxcide to pass inspection. The other in my own home has had a heat exchanger problem. Clogs up with carbon soot causing one burner to be ineffective. Goodman is not a good choice. With all the problems, these furnces probably run at 70-80%, never in the 90% range.

Date created: 2007-11-08 Name: Pammy Hall Miller
Location: new carlisle oh

I had the unit put in new and have had nothing but problems for the 7 years it has been installed I also called the company and they were unwilling to help with this furnace. this is a goodman brand

Date created: 2007-11-02 Name: Duke Anzio
Location: Detroit MI

To many repairs needed for a new furnace, it is not the installer it was the unit

Date created: 2007-09-07 Name: Mike
Location: Tampa, Fl

As in the reviews of the Goodman A/C, the most important factor is the installer. Don't blame Goodman if your statement is "hasn't worked right from the beginning". There are lots of untrained installers out there. It doesn't matter what brand you buy if it is installed wrong. My Goodman furnace is performing great and I trust Goodman products. Make sure you check out your installer first!

Date created: 2007-06-16 Name: J. St. James
Location: Colorado Springs, CO.

We had our 2-stage Goodman furnace installed about 4 years ago and we are extremely pleased with its performance. It's quiet, provides nice even heat throughout our home and has an even pleasant movement of the air throughout the house which has the same temperature no matter where you are in the house. We have had no issues with this furnace.

Date created: 2007-06-13 Name: B. Barren
Location: Buffalo

I've installed approx. 45 units this year so far. I've had no problems this far. Just to let everyone know be sure that you choose a good contractor that has trained service people to do the job properly. The furnace is only as good as the people who put it in. The furnace should also be properly sized for your house. If it is not this will cause alot of problems

Date created: 2007-06-07 Name: Cornelius

I have a 93% goodman (no variable speed, not a two stage). I am also very satisfied with this unit. I also am a contractor and have installed over a 100 goodman furnaces in my life. Sure there is always a problem with some of the units but comparing to other brands this is by far one of the best ones. If I do come back to a unit than mostly it is a unit that was installed by a bad technician. If your furnace breaks or heat exchanger pops than do not blame the furnace. Blame your self for getting a bad contractor. CHEAP CONTRACTOR IS NOT ALWAYS A GOOD CONTRACTOR.

<< Previous1819202122232425262728Next >>