Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

• GMT (5 reviews)

<< Previous1516171819202122232425262728Next >>

Date created: 2009-01-18 Name: B. Ambler

"Owner"
The Goodman 80% furnace is nothing but trouble. Have had to replace the ignitor 5 times, the pressure switch once and the control board once. Now it looks like I'll be replacing the control board again, at $100.00 for the part and HAVC contractors labor at $70.00 dollars an hour. The Goodman people should go back to their other trade name Janitrol, better known as Junkatrol

Date created: 2009-01-10 Name: Scott
Location: Ham Lake, MN

"GOODMAN"
Install my self great furnace

Date created: 2009-01-04 Name: P. Kish
Location: Yorkville, IL

"Awesome furnace"
Here's my story. I ordered my 95% efficient Goodman furnaces online. They were on sale and another 10% off until Jan 5 shipped free and no tax. Also lifetime heat exchanger warrantee. wow. Furnaces came perfect and well packed from the factory. Hardest part of the installation was next, getting it in to the basement. Finally got the old one out and the new Goodman in. Long story short, after 12 hours and many trips to Home Depot for pipes and fittings, got it finished at midnight. Turned on the gas, electric and thermostat. I thought it didn't start but it was so quiet I couldn't tell! After 15 seconds the burners lit and what nice blue flames! Blower started next and the heat was awesome! It had gotten down to 60 degrees in the house but in 30 minutes it was 71! Very impressed with the quality and performance for the price. Can't wait to install Goodman #2 in the garage and work on the Hot Rods! Thanks Goodman and ac Wholesalers for the best Furnaces you can buy! Don't be afraid to install these yourself, Instructions are great and take about 30 minutes to read.

Date created: 2009-01-03 Name: Rick Brosher
Location: Celina, Ohio

"Great Product!"
I installed a Goodman furnace and 3 ton air conditioner in my new Ohio home in 1994. I have never had the first service call. It is still working but I have decided to replace the old unit with a new heat pump from Goodman. a friend of mine is going to install the old furnace in his house. I couldn't be more pleased.

Date created: 2008-12-29 Name: Lauren
Location: Denver, CO

"Avoid this product like the plague!!!"
This furnace is the biggest heap of junk I have ever come across in my entire life. We spend $300 on average per year to fix it. Here lately it has stopped working altogether and our furnace repair guy can't figure out why. It is the biggest pile of crap ever. Do not buy a Goodman furnace if you can help it. terrible product!!!

Date created: 2008-12-20 Name: Bill
Location: Tarentum, PA

"Goodman Furnace is a junk furnace"
Bought a brand new house April 2004. This Goodman Furnace is not good. So far it has been fixed winter of 2006, 2007, 2008. Twice the vent motor broke, and the igniter went once. My old house had a Lenox. It was 12 years old and only broke once. Needless to say I will be replacing the Goodman piece of junk.

Date created: 2008-12-12 Name: Linda Bouchard
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada

"Question"
I purchased a Goodman Heat Pump in August 08. The unit makes so much noise and runs all day and night most of the time. Is this normal? Customer service here in Montreal is the pits. I have called the place where I purchased the unit and they gave me a person they said worked for Goodman. I've called and he said he would show up and never did. Can you tell me if this unit is suppose to make so much noise and run at times day and night. Thank you

Date created: 2008-12-09 Name: Kim
Location: Lexington, KY

"Horrible"
I have a duplex that I installed 4 units, all Goodman, about 4 years ago. Since then I have spent over 2,000 in repairs to the units and they still don't work properly. This is the worst financial mistake I've ever made and with this economy and my renters threatening to move if they aren't fixed, I am facing foreclosure on this house that will affect my personal dwelling. Please don't buy this junk. Any reputable HVAC person will tell you not to, although they make a fortune in repairs on them!

Date created: 2008-11-30 Name: S. Williams
Location: Glenn Dale, Maryland

"Goodman Model GMNT080-4"
We are having a problem that no one seems to be able to fix. We have had 5 repair people come out to service the unit. They replaced the circuit board or restart the power switch and it would work for a few hours and then stop working. It is very cold in here and we don't know what to do. I was able to find out that there have been other Goodman products with this same problem but not sure if it was fixed. The furnace kicks on for about an hour then locks out and has to be manually reset threw the thermostat or the power switch. Now it is not working at all. No one seems to be able to fix this product. I definitely would not purchase another Goodman product.

Date created: 2008-11-14 Name: Pokey, the AC Guy
Location: TX

"Goodman GMP100"
Goodman makes the best A/C and heaters for the money hands down. Having said that I have had some issues with my Goodman gmp100 over the years. After about 5 years the heater would run for a couple minutes and just shut down before heating the house to the desired temp. It took me about a week to finally figure out that the service safety switch contacts had gone bad. The draft inducer was very noisy and I've to take it apart a couple times to oil it and clean out the dead insects. Goodman has redesigned the draft inducer so I assume it's much quiter now. Just last week the control board went bad and would not supply enough ac voltage to the flame sensor. The new board cost me $73 on Ebay (I didn't want to pay a service geek $300+ for swapping out a board). Overall, the heater has worked very well over the years and I would definitely buy another Goodman heater again. My experience is that the Goodman a/c condensing are very good but I have a Lennox condensing unit with a scroll compressor. My recommendations for a/c equipment: Heater: Goodman (Best Buy) Condensing Unit: Goodman (Best Buy) Best made: Trane (Great equipment but WAY overpriced.) Others that very good: Lennox with scroll compressor. I hear that Coleman makes very good equipment too. Most Overrated: Yep, you guessed it. Carrier is way overrated IMO. I've seen Carrier cut corners like using aluminum instead of copper coils, sealing coils with some kind of weird electroplate instead of using silver solder, etc. Remember, a bad installation can make the best A/C equipment run like crap.

<< Previous1516171819202122232425262728Next >>