Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous141516171819202122232425262728Next >>

Date created: 2009-02-27 Name: Vicki S
Location: Rochester, NY

"GOODMAN IS AWESOME"
Awesome Unit. I just had the 95 % gas furnace installed. It is wonderful. It replaced a 50 year old Janitrol. The heat is so comfortable,where is used to be cold it isn't now. It is all even. It is very quiet too. I am in love with this furnace and cant wait to get my first bill. I live in ny and the gas bills have been horrible. Goodman has an excellent warranty. With the installer I have 10 years parts and labor, no one could compete with that.

Date created: 2009-02-18 Name: David
Location: Lodi, CA

"Lodi, Ca"
I had a EverRest installed, which is made by Goodman, a 4 ton unit 95% eff. No problems. My gas bill dropped in half over the past 2 years.

Date created: 2009-02-12 Name: Gayla
Location: Northern Indiana

"Furnace"
This furnace has failed me every year except this for this year it has been six times. Every thing from ignition switch, pressure switch and circuit board. If I could afford a new furnace it couldn't be soon enough.

Date created: 2009-01-30 Name: Patrick O'Hara
Location: East Liverpool, Ohio

"Garbage"
We made the mistake of allowing the contractor to choose the appliances in our new home. He (of course) chose a Goodman furnace and air conditioner. After the second Air Conditioning season, the ac died. It was one month out of warranty. Goodman would not even discuss it. They do not stand behind their product. I had to replace the unit. In addition, the low quality Goodman coil had a drain pan that was leaking and flooded my basement (and I mean flooded). The next year, (third season) one of the burners went bad on the furnace. The repairman said it would be cheaper and easier to just turn that burner off rather than replace it as long as the furnace was still heating the house. We went for 3 more winters with fewer BTU's than it should have given us, but it worked. During those next 3 years we had numerous repairs including replacing the igniter twice. In it's 6th season, my 7 yr old daughter began to complain of constant headaches. Someone suggested we get a carbon monoxide detector and sure enough, the furnace was pouring co into the house. The heat exchanger was cracked. So, 2 years out of the ac, 6 years out of the furnace in a new home and to boot, the furnace nearly killed us. I called Goodman and told them about it and said that I had been so wronged, that as far as I'm concerned they should compensate me for their insanely low quality product. They were indignant, denied that they would have told me to pound salt on the ac after only two years (a lie) and told me they would give me a new heat exchanger free. The repair man told me that. The exchanger is free, but Goodman doesn't pay the repairman to install it, you have to pay for that. Do you think I was going to pay $600.00 to repair a furnace that I have had nothing but trouble with and that almost killed me and my family? I think not. Ask any furnace repairman, Goodman = Garbage. They are the cheapest furnace on the market for a reason, they suck. Ironically, after this experience I bought a top of the line Carrier furnace which has turned out to be a piece of junk also. I replaced the ac with a Ducane Heat Pump which has been awesome. The only hvac purchase I've been happy with. You can't believe the money the heat pump has saved me. It paid for itself early in the second year.

Date created: 2009-01-20 Name: LTC
Location: KY

"LTC"
Goodman gas furnaces; if the furnace works when it is first turned on after it is installed and fails later, then it is a good install no matter who did the install. Every company has a few bad units probably 5%. This can be a fairly large number when you think of each company selling over 1,000,000 units a year. They might have as many as 5,000 bad ones for one reason or another. These units may test good before they leave the factory and yet fail within a few weeks or months. The company should cover the cost to repair these units including parts and labor for at least three years and thereafter for the next seven years cover the parts no matter who installed the unit. When they don't it's because they know they have made a large number of bad units and want to pass the cost on to their customers who were unlucky enough to get one of their bad ones. They don't care if they loose 5,000 customers because they have 995,000 happy customers. Good luck when buy a furnace, all of the furnace companies are the same.

Date created: 2009-01-18 Name: B. Ambler

"Owner"
The Goodman 80% furnace is nothing but trouble. Have had to replace the ignitor 5 times, the pressure switch once and the control board once. Now it looks like I'll be replacing the control board again, at $100.00 for the part and HAVC contractors labor at $70.00 dollars an hour. The Goodman people should go back to their other trade name Janitrol, better known as Junkatrol

Date created: 2009-01-10 Name: Scott
Location: Ham Lake, MN

"GOODMAN"
Install my self great furnace

Date created: 2009-01-04 Name: P. Kish
Location: Yorkville, IL

"Awesome furnace"
Here's my story. I ordered my 95% efficient Goodman furnaces online. They were on sale and another 10% off until Jan 5 shipped free and no tax. Also lifetime heat exchanger warrantee. wow. Furnaces came perfect and well packed from the factory. Hardest part of the installation was next, getting it in to the basement. Finally got the old one out and the new Goodman in. Long story short, after 12 hours and many trips to Home Depot for pipes and fittings, got it finished at midnight. Turned on the gas, electric and thermostat. I thought it didn't start but it was so quiet I couldn't tell! After 15 seconds the burners lit and what nice blue flames! Blower started next and the heat was awesome! It had gotten down to 60 degrees in the house but in 30 minutes it was 71! Very impressed with the quality and performance for the price. Can't wait to install Goodman #2 in the garage and work on the Hot Rods! Thanks Goodman and ac Wholesalers for the best Furnaces you can buy! Don't be afraid to install these yourself, Instructions are great and take about 30 minutes to read.

Date created: 2009-01-03 Name: Rick Brosher
Location: Celina, Ohio

"Great Product!"
I installed a Goodman furnace and 3 ton air conditioner in my new Ohio home in 1994. I have never had the first service call. It is still working but I have decided to replace the old unit with a new heat pump from Goodman. a friend of mine is going to install the old furnace in his house. I couldn't be more pleased.

Date created: 2008-12-29 Name: Lauren
Location: Denver, CO

"Avoid this product like the plague!!!"
This furnace is the biggest heap of junk I have ever come across in my entire life. We spend $300 on average per year to fix it. Here lately it has stopped working altogether and our furnace repair guy can't figure out why. It is the biggest pile of crap ever. Do not buy a Goodman furnace if you can help it. terrible product!!!

<< Previous141516171819202122232425262728Next >>