Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

• GMT (5 reviews)

<< Previous10111213141516171819202122232425262728Next >>

Date created: 2009-12-19 Name: Cathy Crutchfield

"not happy"
Purchased this unit in Fall of '96. First repair came in January of 2003 on Superbowl Sunday and it cost $225 to have someone come and repair it. Furnace broke down again in the Winter of 2004. Repairs cost $354. Now, one week before Christmas of 2009, I came home to find the heater was not working and the repairman informed us that the heat exchanger is cracked and would cost around $2000 to have it repaired. I payed over $4000 to have this furnace installed. I am not at all happy with this purchase. Will never buy a Goodman heater again and would not recommend it to anyone.

Date created: 2009-12-15 Name: Frank Gentile
Location: IL

"GOODMAN FURNACE"
I moved in my home 6 years ago and replaced every thing new. We've put a Goodman furnace. I have been very unhappy with this furnace. Every year, I have to replace the ignitor because it keeps going out twice a year for the last 6 years. It cost me $79.00 every time the man comes. He installed it and can't find out what's wrong with this furnace. Maybe you can tell me? I came home tonight (I live in IL) and it's 100 outside. Tonight, I worked late and came home with no heat. I'm very upset and very unsatisfied with your product. Can you help me out? Thank you!

Date created: 2009-12-14 Name: T. Malella

"Goodman HVAC 120-5"
We have had to have the AC worked on every year. It always leaks. The original contractor sent a repair guy out twice who wanted to charge us even though it was under warranty. Then the heater went out on the coldest day in winter. The contractor came out this time and found a rat in the system because he hadn't put a grill over the vent pipe. Now, our system is leaking Carbon Monoxide that set off our alarms. We've had to use our fireplace and have been waiting 2 weeks for Goodman to send us the $140 Flue collector box. It's made out of plastic, has no seals to prevent leakage of soot, and has cracked in three places by the fan motor. There is thick black soot in the water collector. We cleaned that out but it should never have collected and backed up with that much soot.

Date created: 2009-12-11 Name: Jim Schultz,Pendleton, IN

"poor warranty,quality,service calls are on you"
2nd season. 95% efficient furnace. have had all kinds of trouble with it. parts can be warranty but the labor and truck charges will make you a poor man. have had numerous service calls ran on and off first winter, this winter controller board is out, cost me $180 to have someone service it. Junk is junk.. goodman was a big mistake... Should have gone with someone with a better product saved my self a lot of time, money and angst.

Date created: 2009-12-09 Name: JoAnn Collin

"Very Unhappy"
We have owned our heater/airconditioner for a little over 10 years. Every single year we have had trouble with our unit. The heat exchangers are always whats wrong. They peel open, like someone used a can opener on them. Yes we did have a warranty, but we still had to pay out of pocket for repairs. If I could afford a new heater, I would get one, and it would not be a goodman!!!!!!! Once again here it is cold out, and we don't have a heater, because ares is broken again!!

Date created: 2009-12-09 Name: Rick

"HVAC Installer/Servicer"
I am an HVAC contractor and have installed many Goodman furnaces, including in my own homes. They are a very good product with tremendous value. Being very familiar with many brands, all of them have troubles based not as much on quality of product but more on proper installation and maintenance. Furnaces today are much more fragile. The technology allowing greater efficiency creates a greater opportunity for failures. Most failures occur from the above mentioned - lack of tune-ups and filter changing. Unfortunately, Goodman Manufacturing takes the hit on its reputation, as any other when compared under similar circumstances. The biggest trouble is that when people shop, they like the lowest price. You don't see the value you lose until the trouble begins, and then find out the installation was done poorly. Units installed by reputable contractors and maintained regularly last as long or longer than higher priced equipment used and installed similarly. Buyer beware. This is a major investment. Low price usually defeats value which in the longer term cost you less.

Date created: 2009-12-05 Name: J. Kozlevcar

"joekoz"
Furnace was not built properly at the factory. a wire to gas valve Hi was absent. Goodman qc did not detect the problem, and I had to troubleshoot and find the problem with the installer. Factory claimed it was installer's fault. Never buy another Goodman, as they do not stand behind their product. Cost me extra $500 so far.

Date created: 2009-12-04 Name: Brad

"Brad from Illinois"
Going into my fourth winter, and I have never had a single problem with the furnace or air.

Date created: 2009-12-01 Name: Paul

"Unsatisfied Purchase"
I've had a Goodman furnace for 10 years. It worked good for the first three years but after that I've had nothing but problems year after year. I would expect to get for more years out of a furnace than have to worry about replacing parts year after year. This year I just found out that the circut board is failing and it will cost around $600 to replace with labor because it has to be re-wired. I'm not sticking that much in a money pit anymore, I'm going to replace it

Date created: 2009-12-01 Name: d. kraut

"not happy"
We installed a goodman furnace 2 weeks ago and already having problems. it locked out and now wont cycle through. we did as we were told and still nothing. it was installed by a pro and he is even baffled. not to happy with this furnace at all.

<< Previous10111213141516171819202122232425262728Next >>