Consumer Reviews of GOODMAN furnaces

Read more about GOODMAN furnaces

<< Previous7891011121314151617181920212223242526Next >>

Date created: 2010-05-10 Name: Mike

"Run as fast as you can."
Run as fast as you can. The company does not stand behind their equipment. They blame issues on their parts suppliers and they have a d+ rating with the bbb, I wonder why? We had a compressor fail in a 2 year old unit, in which the HVAC company told me has been extremely common in these Goodman units. I am out of pock over $750 in labor as a result of their defective equipment and the company does not care. The HVAC guy indicated Goodman knows they have a problem but are hiding. They need to step up to the plate and issue a recall or a class action lawsuit might be on the way.

Date created: 2010-05-10 Name: kjunslushy@aol.com

"G is for Garbage Goodman"
Have had both furnace and A/C. Have had nothing but problems. At the beginning of each season, we have had to call them to be serviced. Warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on. These are garbage. The 20 year unit we replaced worked better. Tell everyone.

Date created: 2010-04-30 Name: Penny Godbee
Location: Colorado

"Owner-landlord"
We started having problems the first year of ownership! I am a landlord who purchased 5 of these furnaces that's no good! All tents call because furnaces will not come on at least three times per year in the middle of night! In Colorado, it is very cold! We need reliable heat 24-7. Do not waste your money on these furnaces. They are junk!

Date created: 2010-04-25 Name: J. Bouchard

"Goodman"
I have been a heating and air conditioning contractor for 9 years now and I have installed easily over 200 Goodman systems. I use this equipment all the time and have had very little issues. All these people complaining about these systems don't realize it was the installation. Most people go for the cheapest price and you get what you pay for, a poor installation. Before you have someone install a system get references and call at least three jobs they did. I don't know how many poor installations I've had to fix and the customer ends losing in the end. So please do your homework and remember there are reasons they're the cheapest price.

Date created: 2010-04-24 Name: Jim W.

"Hvac guy"
I am an HVAC contractor and I have installed Goodman and "other" brand furnaces and AC units for years, and the Goodman brand has the best out of the box warranty, and the least amount of service calls.

Date created: 2010-04-09 Name: Jay

"Landlord review"
Over the last four years, I have switched to Goodman furnaces in my buildings. My experience is that these units functioned better and are flawless than all other furnaces that I owned before. One thing that I did notice is that lots of contractors have vested interest in a product that may not produce as much profit. That is the crux of the problem with Goodman furnaces. You can buy them directly and have them installed by a manufacturer recommended contractor. If you want a product for a reasonable price with good energy efficiency, Goodmans are the way to go. Make sure you select a good contractor.

Date created: 2010-04-08 Name: Becky Johnson

"Worst Unit Ever"
Had two units installed in a new home, a 3.5 ton for downstairs and 2.5 ton for upstairs. The upstairs unit constantly runs and never reaches the desired cooling temp. It went out a year and a half after being installed . Although the part was covered, the labor was not and it ended up costing us over 600.00 to have it fixed. Now, the downstairs unit has gone out and is going to cost another six to seven hundred dollars to repair. In less than 3 years, we will have put close to 1500.00 in the relatively new units to keep them going. Would not recommend them to anyone and can't get any help out of their customer service dept. Stay Clear of Goodman.

Date created: 2010-03-25 Name: Chris Ketner
Location: Idaho

"Home owner"
I bought an 80,000 btu Goodman gmpn and installed it myself in 1998. It has worked flawlessly until recently when electronic sensors started kicking off. I live in Idaho 40 miles south of the Canadian border. This furnace has worked for a living.

Date created: 2010-03-12 Name: Concerned Contractor

"Builder"
As a contractor, you can choose any make model to install. But any good contract will tell you that Goodman products are the least expensive for any contractor to purchase, and it is because of the material it's made of. Just compare the weight of the product and it will tell you that the motors and metal are not made as strong as other units. If price is the main concern, then consider a Goodman product, and it will get the job done for you. But if it's quality you are looking for consider other makes. Remember a good H.V.A.C Techn is a artist.

Date created: 2010-03-07 Name: David C.

"Great Upgrade"
Purchased a Goodman 95% gmv gas furnace - great upgrade - house temp is very consistent, works great. Very Happy.

<< Previous7891011121314151617181920212223242526Next >>