Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

• GMT (5 reviews)

<< Previous56789101112131415161718192021222324Next >>

Date created: 2010-07-15 Name: C. Christian
Location: Richmond, VA

"GMH95 Multi Position 95%AFUE"
My home was built in 1967. The original ductwork was still in place. In reading these reviews, I noticed that the majority of them are negative. What people have to realize is that, in order to receive satisfaction from your product, you have to have a quality installer that knows the product. My unit was installed in September of 2009. I live in Richmond, VA. and we just experienced the coldest, snowiest, winter in 10yrs. Needless to say, my furnace kept my downstairs completely comfortable the entire winter. I paired it with a 3ton Amana condensing unit and my downstairs has stayed cool thus far this summer. My electric and gas bills have been very reasonable. My installer suggested I do a dual system and currently I'm working on the upstairs installing a 2.5ton Amana Heat Pump. Insulation and the correct sized ductwork is very important. Please, please make sure your home is properly insulated and measured for proper tonage and ductwork. I would recommend Amana products to anyone in the market. You can't lose with the warranty and the noise levels are so quiet, sometimes I have to really listen to see if my unit is on when I pull into my driveway.

Date created: 2010-07-12 Name: D. Fields

"goodman furnaces"
My experiences were not good. First, squirrel cage disintegrated. Second, gas ammana blower went out. Third, leaked coolant. Fourth, capacitor on compressor blew up. Fifth, circuit board was out. In fact, it has cost me over 1,000 dollar in 4 yrs to use it in repairs.

Date created: 2010-07-07 Name: Carol

"Our Goodman GMNT100-4B Broken Already!"
After 6 short years, we already need a whole new blower unit (motor, wheel, assembly) despite regular servicing. Warranty expires at 5 years. We will be $850 poorer. Don't buy this. I tried to get customer service to help but they stood firm. Rip off!

Date created: 2010-06-23 Name: A. S.
Location: Pennsylvania

"Can't believe what I'm reading here"
I'm a plumbing, heating & cooling contractor from Pennsylvania. For the life of me, I can't believe what I'm reading on this website, as I'm sitting here shaking my head in disbelief. First and foremost, I agree with the other contractors who say Goodman is a very good unit! With that said, as a contractor I've only had 2 problems with initial installment cause of GOODMAN in a span of 20 years. It's either I'm extremely lucky, OR I'm installing them correctly. I probably install anywhere from 5-10 systems a year, and the only 2 problems I've had from the factory was a bad "a" coil and a bad compressor. The coil had a leak, and was found when I pulled a vacuum. The compressor had to be changed out because it was D.O.A. Because a unit is icing up does NOT mean the unit is JUNK! There is a REASON why the coil could be icing up and you need to find out why. Goodman has some of the best warranties on the market today, and FORCED other manufactures' to do the same. Those tech who say GOODMAN is junk or "Builder grade" has an axe to grind. Hands down, I would put a GOODMAN unit next to Trane or any other company. Your unit is only as good as the person who installed it. I could sit here for hours and rip on Trane, American Standard, York etc. When these companies MASS produce, you're bound to get a bad apple. Doesn't matter who built it. Bottom line, let's use some common sense before you type.

Date created: 2010-06-16 Name: Samantha

"Worst customer service. Bar none."
Our story is pretty much the same as everyone else's. Our practically new unit already needs a new condenser coil to the tune of $500 for the part (which is covered under warranty) however, the freon and the labor charges were not covered under warranty, and that cost us just as much. A 15 minute phone call to Goodman proved to be the worst customer service experience I've ever had. Logic, good manners, and courtesy do not matter to these people. They are the antithesis of caring and helpful. I have several business degrees and I realize that they may think they don't have to be customer friendly, but in the end, their profits would most likely be enhanced if they provided even a minute amount of customer service. It was truly one of the most awkward, infuriating phone calls I've ever made in my life. Buyer Beware! We will never buy Goodman again.

Date created: 2010-06-10 Name: David Ell

"3 cycles to start whats with this"
Furnace always needs 3 cycles to start while pushing cold air into the house. Does not always start and worst part when it starts does not run until it reaches thermostat temperature. It restarts many times before temperature is reached, each time pushing more cold air into the house. Sometimes does not start but fan continues to blow at full speed without heat. This recycling at night makes for a lot of lost sleep.

Date created: 2010-06-08 Name: T. Galloway

"Goodman 16 SEER Duel Fuel"
We had 2 16 seer Duel Fuel systems installed in our home 3 years ago, a 2.5 and 3 Ton. I was hesitant at first until I was told that most minimum seer units give problems. Most reviews are on Goodman because most folks simply do not purchase 10 or 13 seer Trane units. This was true. I went with Goodman. Great install team made all the difference. The units are very quiet and have given no problems at all. Lower utility costs and great dependability. Go Goodman!!!

Date created: 2010-05-16 Name: Furnace/AC man 10+ yrs

"furnace just as good as it gets"
I work on less Goodman than any other make. When building my home, I put in a Goodman.

Date created: 2010-05-16 Name: Rob D.

"a+"
A+. Very pleased. My home stays cool in the summer, and toasty in the winter. Great warranty, excellent price, outstanding value. Thanks Goodman!

Date created: 2010-05-10 Name: jack ziegler

"Jack Boise Id."
I have owned homes for over 35 years and most had old furnaces but I have never had as many problems combined as I have had with this piece of crap. It has had to have service men out her over 20 times. when they talked me into buying new, they promised me smaller heat bills [which never happened],told me I would have piece of mind [also a lie] and now I can't afford to change it or even afford to get it fixed as it has been out 3 days now. My old furnace was 10 times better than this one and was still working, I wish I had it back and I would still be warm.

<< Previous56789101112131415161718192021222324Next >>