Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>

Date created: 2010-11-18 Name: Bob
Location: Canada

"GMV 95"
Hey everyone if your going to buy a Goodman get the GMV 95 model excellent product lots of happy customers here in Canada. Make sure you have a licensed heating and refrigeration mechanic install it. Most of my friend have had this model installed and are having no problems.

Date created: 2010-11-16 Name: Rajendra Shah
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan

"Furnace sets code - blink light three times"
I have Goodman model gms951155dxa. It shuts off and sets the above code. You have to tirn it off and after few seconds turn it on again and it will work. Never know when it will shut off. I had installer and other tech for repair but did not do any good. The furnace was installed in April 2006. Problem persists. When you go out, you will never know what will happen.

Date created: 2010-11-14 Name: BillJones
Location: Atlanta,GA

"Old unit OK"
I have 2 1997 vintage gas furnace GMP 075-3 split AC systems in my home and 2 more in a rental property. Total repairs : My home - system A) 1 control board w/warranty , System B) 1 ignitor, 1 gas valve Rental property - System A) 1 flame sensor, System B) 1 flam sensor However, my HVAC tech has stoped installing Goodman for budget systems because of too many failures and uses Nordyne (Westinghouse/Nordyne and York). He install Trane for upper end systems.

Date created: 2010-11-11 Name: Mary Lohman
Location: Clarkston, Wa

"mslohman"
Truly a piece of junk. If I could afford it I would tear it out and replace it with another brand. It goes down on a regular basis. House froze up one time with broken water pipes. I am now out over $2000 in different repairs, and my home owners insurance deductible has gone up along with the premiums. I have tried to deal with Goodman to get some relief from the expenses and they won't even pay for the service calls. They furnish the parts. Big deal. the parts are the cheapest part of all my expenses.

Date created: 2010-11-06 Name: NICK F.
Location: chicago IL.

"2yr GOODMAN FURNACE"
First month after the installation,they changed two parts and the circuit board,now three weeks ago the down flow two stage furnace failed to start,then will go on and shut off. After I got involve into this issue the wholeseller,the dealer and the manufacture,they replace the board again and put a double pipe to keep it cool,so far its working fine,luckly they give me 5yr.good care warranty for labor and parts when first installed because all the inconvenient...

Date created: 2010-11-03 Name: BG
Location: Calgary, Alberta

"Furnace"
We had the Goodman mid efficiency furnace - gme80905cxab - installed in July 2007. Since then we have had to have a service tech in 3 times. Furnace would not kick in and all 3 times it was related to the flame sensor. I would never buy a Goodman again.

Date created: 2010-10-31 Name: M. Leazenby

"Wish I still had my 25 yr old Bryant!"
We have an "all in one" furnace/AC unit that sits outside our house. It is 3 yrs old and we've already had the main circuit board replaced. Now it is "hanging" in the beginning of it's cycle, right after the thermostat turns it on. It hums and buzzes with a periodic lurching noise for over a minute. Then it just quits. It has done this numerous times just this morning, and this has been going on for some time now. Because it is a sporadic glitch, every time I get a service tech to come out, the glitch never happens, he can't hear what I'm talking about and all he does is use his meters to take "readings", which tell him absolutely nothing about what the problem is. That's why I recorded the noise this time so I can have him listen to it when I call again on Monday. I absolutely regret buying this thing. I am not confident it will even last through the 10 yr warranty period at this rate! Our 25 year old Bryant unit was no more loud than this one and it heated and cooled our home perfectly well, although granted it's efficiency was not too good. The only thing wrong was that one of the burner tubes had rusted and was irreplaceable because it was so old. We discovered this when we called to have it serviced before winter a few years back. I wish we had shopped around, but the tech said it was dangerous and could have caused an explosion, so we went with the units his company sold. Moral of the story:do your homework and research furnace reviews BEFORE you have to replace yours. Then you won't be making an uninformed decision in panic/crisis mode like we did!

Date created: 2010-10-19 Name: John
Location: Portland, OR

"GMNT060-3 - Would buy again"
I installed this furnace and A/C in 2002. I have replaced the igniter twice but have had no serious issues. As always, if you can't be bothered to do some work, and use your head, then pay someone to do it for you. I saved, conservatively, $6-7k doing this myself as measured by 3 brand name reputable area company quotes. If this thing dies tomorrow, I'm still money ahead and would replace with another goodman.

Date created: 2010-10-18 Name: H. Simpson
Location: Houston, TX

"GMP100-5 17 years and running strong"
I used to work in the HVAC business 20 years ago and I strongly recommend Goodman furnaces. I own the GMP100 model coupled with a Lennox 5 ton A/C condensing unit. Here is a list of issues that I've seen: 1) Safety door switch went bad after 5 years, the furnace blower would turn on and off intermittently. 2) The control board went bad after 15 years. I bought a new board for $78. 3) Replaced the flame sensor because the insulator was cracked. 4) This week I replaced the noisy draft inducer fan assembly and cracked plastic chimney.

Date created: 2010-10-15 Name: B. Infante
Location: Colorado Springs, Co

"Not Again!"
I had a Goodman furnace installed in 2008. Since then the circuit board went out and had to be replaced within the warranty period. Now the gas valve needs to be replaced. I've had a service tech come to the house every six months. Never had a problem with any furnace installed in my homes prior to this. I would never recommend a Goodman unit to anyone I like or am even slightly fond of.

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>