Consumer Reviews of FRIGIDAIRE furnaces

Read more about FRIGIDAIRE furnaces

Date created: 2011-01-29 Name: Peggy
Location: Nebraska

"Buyer Beware"
In December 2010 I had a 2-stage, variable speed Frigidaire gas furnace installed. I've hated it since it was installed. I was told I would love it, very quiet etc. I find the furnace when running to be noisy and if it has to ramp up to full efficiency it sounds like a plane taking off in the house. There is a loud banging noise when the furnace shuts off and the installers told me it was the electric brake in the motor. I don't know if it is because my house is small (800 sq ft) and the furnace is in a open utility room and that is why I can hear every noise the furnace makes throughout the house. You spend a lot of money on a furnace and would expect to get what the company advertises - quiet comfort. Don't believe everything. Extremely disappointed.

Date created: 2011-01-29 Name: Peggy
Location: Nebraska

"Buyer Beware"
In December 2010 I had a 2-stage, variable speed Frigidaire gas furnace installed. I've hated it since it was installed. I was told I would love it, very quiet etc. I find the furnace when running to be noisy and if it has to ramp up to full efficiency it sounds like a plane taking off in the house. There is a loud banging noise when the furnace shuts off and the installers told me it was the electric brake in the motor. I don't know if it is because my house is small (800 sq ft) and the furnace is in a open utility room that is why I can hear every noise throughout the house. You spend a lot of money on a furnace and would expect to get what the company advertises - quiet comfort. Don't believe everything. Extremely disappointed.

Date created: 2010-12-10 Name: John Barksdale
Location: Orlando Florida

"Excellent all around"
Very quiet, trouble free operation.

Date created: 2010-10-19 Name: L.Nelson
Location: Iowa

"burned out"
Had frigidaire furnace installed 6 years ago had to have it repaired every single year. the ignitor goes out all the time and motor was replaced last year. This year we don't really no what is wrong the certified repair man is in our basement right now trying to figure it out. I wish I could afford to have it replace with something more reliable.

Date created: 2010-05-07 Name: John Brennan

"very happy"
I am extremely happy with the Frigidaire furnace and air conditioner in my house. The product is quiet and has trouble free operation. I have had 4 new furnace and A/C installs in homes I have purchased over the last 10-years, three of them were Frigidaire. One thing I learned is the importance of getting the proper contractor to do the install. I went cheap on one job and it ended up costing a lot of money and heartache. It was the poor install that cost me. Frigidaire is a great product.

Date created: 2010-04-04 Name: Mike

"making big noice when it runs"
I have installed a high eff. unit 5 year ago. It is very noisy when it runs.

Date created: 2010-02-16 Name: Sharon B.
Location: Northern Canada

"TC Series 92+ upflow two stage condensing furnace"
Second hard failure in approx. 3yrs. It says 10 yr warranty but I am charged labor every time. It was a huge mistake to buy this product. And trying to get through to someone at Frigidaire (oh, we don't sell furnaces here) or is that Electrolux or is that Nordyne which also makes the identical, just slap another label on its Maytag (be afraid, be very afraid). It is just bad on all fronts. Did I mention I live in Northern Canada? Average temp -20c for five months, which it was when I got up this morning. Ugh!!!

Date created: 2010-02-11 Name: Jerry

"frigidaire 95.1 furnace, 16 seer ac"
Just installed last month. This qualifies for the $1500 tax credit. Like night and day, my old unit was so loud I had to turn up the tv volume. With the Frigidaire, I have to check the thermostat to see if it is on. In fairness, we did move it from a closet to the attic. The new blower slowly ramps up to speed, so no instant noise or rush of air. If the temp change is minor, it stays in a low heat mode. If needed, it goes to a higher fan and heat, but still quiet. As these 95.1 furnaces are condensing(produce water), it required a new pvc exhaust vent and drain lines for the water runoff. As the A/C coils already have a pvc drain, just tapped into that. I have not yet used the A/C, but understand the blower will also ramp up slowly also, and that the outside unit will operate in a two stage also. Ten year warranty, and limited lifetime on burners. Plus, the installer had provided service for my home and office, so I trusted him. Neat, clean install.

Date created: 2010-01-11 Name: M. Gilstrap

"Frigidaire/Nordyne Furnace/Air Handler - Questionable Motor?"
This is a 2 month old unit and the blower motor is already blown. The new 2 speed motors require the dip switches to be set according to cfm requirement and the system is very sensitive to this adjustment. Why does a standard induction motor last 20 years but these new motors are so sensitive to relatively minor changes? We are tempted to replace the whole unit due to the fragile nature of these motors. Two months is unacceptable.

Date created: 2009-12-09 Name: JAMES HARGREAVES

"GREAT FURNACE"
I had a frigidaire furnace installed in my house about 5 years ago. It is very quiet and I have had no problems so far. When my AC goes out, I will replace it with a frigidaire.