Consumer Reviews of FRIGIDAIRE furnaces

Read more about FRIGIDAIRE furnaces

Date created: 2013-12-13 Name: Donna Hall
Location: Lexington, NE

"Furnace"
This furnace has been installed since Nov. 19Th. It runs all the time - night and day. What on earth is the matter with it?

Date created: 2013-11-25 Name: R .Womack
Location: Aurora,Co

"Fridge"
8 years and all is good. Like the 2 stage system and yes would buy again.

Date created: 2013-11-19 Name: R. Dobson
Location: Vernon, BC

"Terrible"
Junk. Installed a 2-stage variable speed, high efficiency furnace in 2007. 1 month later, it is needed a new circuit board. Required servicing in 2012 because the flame would not come on. Worked for another year and now the same problem. A previous reviewer stated it was in the contractor you hired who install the furnace, he is totally mistaken. The problems I have experienced and the problems I am reading here are all about the unit itself, such as circuit boards, blower units, pressure switches are things the contractor doesn't even touch when installing your furnace.

Date created: 2013-07-15 Name: JO
Location: texas

"Awesome, Reliable"
Very quiet and efficient unit, like always with this type of thing is the installer. Everything is triple checked at factories and yet people still blame the equipment. Believe me, when I say there is nothing wrong with this brand. Been around a long time and I love it. !!!! PEOPLE DON'T BE CHEAP, PAY A LITTLE MORE FOR A QUALITY CONTRACTOR. THE CORRECT INSTALLATION MAKES THE DIFFERENCE. HOPE THIS HELPS !!!

Date created: 2013-03-05 Name: Andy
Location: Southwick,MA

"Blower Keeps Breaking"
Blower on this motor keeps breaking. It stopped working once. It has been replaced and now after about 8 months it makes a lot of noise(it shakes the house). Dealer will not replace a motor and tries blaming the problem on me at this point, while I am waiting for the motor to stop working completely. While dealer is working the warranty issue with manufacturer. I have 2 small kids at home and it is winter. I have called Frigidaire, no service and they could not help me. Frigidaire and their distributors have let me down. I will never buy another Frigidaire or any other of their brands again.

Date created: 2013-01-26 Name: dave
Location: mass

"Vibration"
No matter what I do I cannot get rid of this vibration. ECM motor, changed blower wheel, done static test as well. Still vibrating. Very annoying.

Date created: 2012-11-26 Name: K. Ciniglio
Location: Montgomery, TX

"Useless"
This was a brand new unit when we moved into our home 5 years ago. First the a/c went out and 5 months later the furnace. Of course it was just months after the 5 year warranty expired. The motor burned and could not replace the top portion, they only sell it as a whole. So, I either pay $900 to fix it with a one year warranty or 1,900 to replace with a Trane and a 10 year warranty? It's obvious I replaced the piece of poop that came with the home. Frigidaire may make other appliances worth the money, but stay out of heating and a/c!

Date created: 2012-09-02 Name: Don Peters
Location: Michigan

"What a Difference"
I had a new frigidaire furnace and a lot of ductwork installed just in time for winter last year. Prior to the furnace installation, I was heating my 2 story cabin solely with a woodstove. I wasn't sure what to expect from a furnace in this home (never had one) but when we turned it on for the first time, I couldn't believe how quickly and quietly it heated every room. My heating contractor did a great job, my furnace runs perfect and has a 10 year warranty just in case. Now, I am looking forward to another heating season instead of gathering wood, I'll have my furnace cleaned so I am ready to go!

Date created: 2012-06-19 Name: S. Larkman
Location: Bracebridge, ON

"Gravenhurst Plumbing, Heating & Electric"
Fantastic job all members of the team, clean, efficient and extremely professional. The crew arrived on time and performed an amazing job. My basement was left cleaner than it was before the job started. My house is now warm and safe for my family. Thank you for reaffirming in me the true value of customer service.

Date created: 2012-03-14 Name: Mike Buwalda
Location: edmonton alberta canada

"Hunk of Junk"
Installed in June 2005. 2 stage variable speed high efficiency furnace, service needed every single year. Circuit board replaced. Limit switches replaced. From time to time it smells like an electrical fire. Had a service rep come out 3 times this winter and we are still dealing with unknown issues. We change the filters monthly from the day it was installed and clean the flame sensor yearly. Not sure what furnace to recommend since we purchased this one based on warranty. They sure do not make them like they used to.