Consumer Reviews of EVCON furnaces

Read more about EVCON furnaces

Date created: 2010-04-18 Name: Henry Llama

"Evcon furnaces --the WORST"
Inducer motor dying after only 3 years--lousy parts! Avoid these furnaces!! Poor quality control.

Date created: 2010-01-27 Name: S. Settle

"hateful lemon furnace"
Got it brand new. Had more trouble than the old one in the house. The limit switch has been replaced 5 times. It is a fair weather furnace. As long as temp is above 25, it works fine. No one seems able to fix it.

Date created: 2010-01-15 Name: V Ingram

"terrible unit"
After 1 year, it had to be repaired and now 2nd year, it's still not working right. For the cost of this unit, it should be gold. Like everyone else, the combustion air switch is bad. I am filing a complaint with the BBB. I would not recommend this unit to anyone.

Date created: 2009-09-17 Name: R.A.Grondin

"About this furnace not starting sometimes due to pilot not igniting"
This was a xmas gift when other one went bad and was given by my family and was also installed from an in law friend she knew and from after the 1st. year it started to give me problems about not having the pilot to ignite and start burner up. The gas co.that I deal with could not find the problem until some one else came over and find out the trouble and went to by the igniter switch and worked ok until end of winter it started again and to get it going I had to blow in one of the tubes connected to that swith and to the flu motor and did get it to ignite and when it did not work again I even had to hit that switch and it got started again. Sometimes it starts ok and then again has to do it again to get it going.To me it seems like it is not having enough air to make the switch to do contact to get the pilot to ignite. I have been so fed up with this furnace and can't see how they got hold of this one. I have been trying to find a way to get hold of this furnace brand and can't seem to get a way to send a message about it. I tell u that I am a little known about this due to work on furnaces and a/c for 34 years before I retired and but now I really want your opinion about what you think is causing all this problems about not getting the switch to make contacts to close and ignite the pilot. When it does go on all is ok with the rest of the furnace. Sorry about this but I wanted to know also if can find a way to send email for this furnace co. evcon. Thanks Reply

Date created: 2009-03-07 Name: Craig Malka
Location: Drayton Valley, Alberta, Canada

"model dgaao7obdtb"
This furnace is very unreliable. Constant electrical problems and very service unfriendly.

Date created: 2009-01-11 Name: M. Morris
Location: Southern California

"Horrible problems"
We have had a terrible time with the Evcon furnace!! We only use it 3 months of the year, in the evening and morning. We had it installed new 2 years ago and it worked fine until 2 weeks after the warranty ended last month. We have had numerous service calls and each time the heating contractors that installed it try something new. It works for 1-7 days and goes out, again and again. Unfortunately this is the only furnace the law allows us to install in our mobile. home!!

Date created: 2009-01-07 Name: Ken Montgomery

"EVCON FURNACE"
The furnace was less then one year old when I moved in my mobile home. I was shocked to learn just how noisy the furnace is. I had to buy a sliding door to put in hallway to keep the noise out. It is still noisy and I am very dissatisfied with the product.

Date created: 2008-12-20 Name: Mrs J. McCray
Location: Hemet, CA

"Mrs. J McCray"
I have had 3 different service companies and no one can get this soon to be 2 yr old heater to work. I had no heat last yr. as it quit working after 1 yr. When the fan goes on the flame goes out. The last serviceman has called the company daily for help but they don't return his call. This company is a fraud.

Date created: 2008-12-15 Name: B. Ratliff
Location: Garnett, KS

"Evcon furnace air combustion controls not dependable"
Furnace is not dependable to operate on its own. The air combustion switch will not allow for normal operation. Unit has to be turned off then on numerous times before operating. May run the rest of the day or may not. Seems that when windy conditions prevail it does not operate normally. Completely undependable to operate. Especially in elderly peoples home.

Date created: 2008-11-11 Name: Otto Gonzalez
Location: Elgin, Illinois

"not hot enugth"
What is the problem my furnace does not produce enough heat the blower comes on every hour and runs for one minute shuts off and the flame stays on but the trailer does not heat. Can anybody help?