Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of EVCON furnaces

Read more about EVCON furnaces

Date created: 2014-04-03 Name: M Flick
Location: Pittsburgh PA

"To anyone that has a bad experience with the Evcon Furnace"
I am a installer of these Evcon furnaces for years was glad to see not one of my customers had a bad taste for these Evcon furnaces. Maybe it is because the furnace will only perform as good as the installer that put it in. I saw that one person said if he takes the access door off it run good. Do you know why? Because the furnace is getting the air it needs to operate with. Whoever installed it did one of two things: 1. they did not run a combustion vent pipe out to bring air into the furnace; or 2. not the right size of pipe. If you do not have a large open space where the furnace is located you have to run the 2nd pipe some installer just want the money and have no pride in their work; It is not the furnace it is that your installer is lazy or doesn't know what he is doing. It's the truth.

Date created: 2012-01-04 Name: Randy L
Location: Toledo, OH

"looking for info on warranty???"
Model dgaa070bdtb I cannot find any warranty info on this model. I bought a mobile home with this model and have had some issues come up. The original installer is nice and will to work on it, but says not covered by any warranties. Only two years old, I would think there should be some coverage. Anyone have any information?

Date created: 2011-12-11 Name: N Trilling
Location: Pensacola, FL

"bad furnace"
I bought my furnace in March of 2006. My furnace worked fine for 4 years and 11 months. I turned it on in February, and nothing happened. I have had the original installer out to check it numerous times. He has replaced the circuit board twice, the air blower motor once, fiddled with the regulator numerous times, and I still do not have heat. They now want to replace a gas control valve, but they are not sure that that will fix the problem.

Date created: 2011-09-16 Name: Elaine Gesegnet 716-478-6842
Location: Lockport NY

"I would never buy again"
I would never buy or rent or walk by this company or the installer again. This has been the biggest rip off of my life. They and the installer saw a good catch. I think I was ripped off and have had a yearly service call not by original installer. I do not think this unit was probably not even new and I was taken. The cover to unit does not even fit correctly and just lies against. I also think that one day I will either fry due to it or be over come by carbon. I live in a mobile park and the installer's name is Bennett heating and cooling, he was brought up on charges by another park fool that was also taken. I turned him into Better Business Bureau but that is all. I don't know how to check to see if I got what I paid for even.

Date created: 2011-02-26 Name: J. Morrison
Location: Sherwood, MI

"GS09....."
I have an Evcon furnace which has had multiple problems with the limit switch and other issues. This furnace was new and bought approximately 4 years ago and installed by a licensed and insured HVAC professional. The error codes are three blinking red lights and four blinking red lights. I have had several parts replaced. What has seemed to make the problems stop is to remove the access panel. This is not recommended and not safe, but the furnace works in this configuration.

Date created: 2011-01-23 Name: sherry giampino
Location: avenel. n.j.

"Furnace"
I just bought the evcon furnace and have nothing but problems. I had to replace the motor, computer board and the pressure switch. My neighbor has the same furnace with the same problems. This furnace is a nightmare.

Date created: 2011-01-23 Name: Sherry Giampino
Location: Avenel, N.J.

"Difective furnace"
I had nothing but problems with my new furnace. So far I had to replace the motor, computer board and I need to get a new pressure switch. I lost days at work & my electric bill has ran up high because I had no heat for days in the 20 degree weather and had to use an electric heater. My neighbor has the same furnace, with the same problems.She also had to replace parts in her new furnace. I have been very unsatisfied and live in fear that my furnace is going to not work again.. It has been a nightmare with this furnace..

Date created: 2011-01-02 Name: Katherine Igarta
Location: Reno Nevada

" not sure what you mean by title"
I had this furnace installed just 2 years ago and already the switch was replaced a year ago at a cost of $222.00 I live in the high desert so no need for heat throughout the summer months. I got up thi smorning and the heat had gone off again. Took the cover off and the switch had malfunctioned again. Paid to have it checked and it was working fine until I turned the thermostat down by 3 degrees and it went off again. If it is goingot cost me over $200 every year this furnace is crap. I hada Coleman for over 25 years and got this one and in 2 years two problems. I should not have to pay for faulty equipment

Date created: 2010-10-23 Name: John Kroack
Location: Onalaska,Wi

"Mr"
I had to replace the existing furnace with the Evcon in 2004.This is a mobile home/w central air.It has been a very good heater for me.Last year was a very cold winter so it had to work overtime.GREAT WORKER

Date created: 2010-07-18 Name: Michael M.

"Evecon 8995E676"
I live in a manufactured home and limited to the type of heaters we can purchase. Purchased the heater 4/1996 and have had only one problem, had to change the run capacitor. Great heater, no problems.