Consumer Reviews of DUCANE furnaces

Read more about DUCANE furnaces

Date created: 2011-04-29 Location: Chicago, IL

"My new house got a new furnace"
Since this was basically a Lennox product, we were hopeful it would be as good as our old Lennox furnace. The installation went very smooth and the technicians were great. However, we have had quite a few problems with the thermostat as well as the fan motor. Both have been replaced more than once. It seems the problems are fixed now, but it was a long 6 months and a lot of arguments with Ducane customer service. All in all, it works great now, but initially I was not satisfied at all. If they worked on their customer service, I would have been a lot more satisfied.

Date created: 2011-02-16 Name: B SMITH
Location: ROME,NY

"DUCANE FURNACE"
FURNACE IS SEVEN YEARS OLD.HAD IGNITOR REPLACED AT FOUR MONTHS AND ATFIVE YEARS.HAD CLEANING PERSON CLEAN FURNACE AND SAID THE HEAT EXCHAGER WAS RUSTING.INSTALLING COMPANY WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND.CONTACTED COMPANY AND TOLD THEM AND THEY WILL DO NOTHING UNTIL HEAT EXCHANGER IS RUSTED THROUGH.THEN THEY WILL SEND ME ONE.ALOT OF GOOD THAT WILL DO ME IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER.WILL NEVER BUY ONE AGAIN.

Date created: 2011-02-04 Name: C. HUGGINS
Location: MEMPHIS, TN

"POOR QUALITY. BREAKS. LOUD FURNACE"
DUCANE FURNACE MODEL # MPZA100B4B. GAS FURNACE 80 AFUE RATED. AFTER ONLY 2 YEARS OF OPERATION, THE FURNACE QUIT WORKING...THE FLAME WOULD NOT STAY LIT. INSTALLER HAD TO ORDER A PART THAT MONITORS THE FLAME AND IT WILL NOT BE IN UNTIL MONDAY...THIS IS FRIDAY (4 FEB. 2011 WITH SNOW IN MEMPHIS). WHEN THE FURNACE IS OPERATING, IT IS MUCH LOUDER THAN THE TRANE UNIT IT REPLACED. THE UNIT IS IN THE ATTIC AND WHEN YOU ARE DOWN STAIRS, YOU CAN HEAR THE FLAME LIGHTING UP....IT SOUNDS LIKE A JET ENGINE LIGHTING OFF....AND YOU CAN HEAR THE FAN BLOWING THROUGH THE VENTS...4 TIMES AS LOUD AS THE TRANE UNIT. I WOULD NOT GET THIS BRAND....I DID NOT DO MY HOMEWORK THIS TIME. I BASED THE DECISION ON A RECOMMENDATION FROM THE INSTALLER.....NEVER GOING TO DO THAT AGAIN. BUYER BE WARE!

Date created: 2011-01-22 Name: Derrick Tjernlund
Location: fastflame@comcast.net

"Parts difficult to locate"
Cmpev125u5 with variable speed fan. Has ge ecm 2.3 fan motor. Problem initially with surge suppressor (in the middle of winter of course), which seems to be a common problem. Replaced suppressor but have other issues now. Trying to find replacement motor control module but it is like looking for a needle in a hay stack. Will never buy another furnace with an ecm fan motor, no matter what brand the furnace is.

Date created: 2011-01-03 Name: Dave Hollen
Location: dch1@psu.edu

"Worst Furnace Made"
We have a five year old 110,000 btu Ducane oil fired hot air system. This furnace is the biggest piece of trash I have ever encountered. If we get through this winter ( three service calls so far this year ) it's going to the scrap pile. This unit has been faithfully maintained with service by a qualified tech every fall and every winter you can expect problems. Printed circuit boards, blower units..... you name it .... it has failed. Never EVER buy one of these furnaces......

Date created: 2010-12-22 Name: Msmith
Location: Ohio

"Bad News"
Bought this furnace and about three years later the wires caught on fire and shut down. As luck would have it the wind chill was 15-20 below 0, furnace was shut off for three days, three years old and caught on fire! Unbelievable! would not trust this furnace, worried about it catching the house on fire.

Date created: 2010-12-15 Name: K Sinclair
Location: Winnipeg, Mb

"Piece of crap"
I have a 6 year old Ducane Furnace, I have had no problems until now,I have had service people out 8 times and they can not find the problem and of course the warranty is expired, and yes I did buy a less expensive furnace because that is all my budget would allow and now I am stuck with a bunch of tin in my basement that is useless.

Date created: 2010-10-03 Name: F- Barnsky
Location: colorado

"Good systems"
I have a 75,000 BTU Ducane furnace installed and I have no problems with it. I have it cleaned every fall and change my filter. this furnace keeps our home nice and toasty

Date created: 2010-06-29 Name: Larry O.

"Ducane SG12B60100 dual package unit"
New with my manufactured home, warranty expiring tomorrow. Have had 1 problem last winter when the heat side would not light. By time service next day, no defects noted. A/C side is another matter. Last 3 yrs during summer, I have blown my 60a main a couple of times each summer with no known cause. 2 weeks ago blew again. They found a badly burnt contactor and replaced it. Today, fuse blew again. 107°today, too late for service. Another night to be spent in a motel. Contemplating replacing the unit.

Date created: 2010-05-25 Name: Jeff J.

"AWESOME PRODUCT"
I have never had an issue. Most of the reviews on here stem from one thing, installer issues. No one can work on it? Who installed it? They should. I have had no issues with my brand new (2005) Ducane gas 50,000 btu updraft. It works flawlessly, year after year.