Consumer Reviews of DUCANE furnaces

Read more about DUCANE furnaces

Date created: 2014-01-12 Name: Craig DeMyer
Location: Plymouth, IN

"Ducane - Piece of Junk"
Installed Fall 2013. Replace one warrantied part because furnace would not kick on. Same problem again January 2014. Never buy Ducane.

Date created: 2014-01-07 Name: G Black
Location: welland,on

"Ducane owned by Trane crap. Worst furnace ever"
This is my second Ducane in 15 yrs. Current one replaced by Ducane/Trane in 2005. Igniter keeps going out. Needs to be serviced every other month. Luckily I have a plan with Direct Energy!!!! In 2005 The ladies in South Carolina (manufacturer) are the worst customer service reps. Left my heat exchange unit sitting for a week. Finally packed it in a cardboard box with no packing material around it. By time it got to Canada it was damaged. Finally Ducane replaced furnace. Now same issue again with the new one. If I could put in at the side of the road I would.

Date created: 2013-12-05 Name: Dan
Location: Mi

"Don't buy"
After having unit installed my limit switch went out in the first 90 days. My contractor said he had never seen that before and it was in February. Well it just happened again at 12 months and also had mother board replaced. 2 service calls in a year?? Emailed Ducane both times all I got was at least the parts are under warranty. Sorry that's all we can do. What a joke, had to take time off work both times to get my new furnace fixed. And labor born times also. So run -- don't walk -- away!!!

Date created: 2013-06-07 Name: Elinor
Location: Pa

"Great Heat"
I installed the gas furnace in a conversion from oil two years ago. Now with two heating seasons behind me it has worked flawlessly and I saved a bunch of money. I would suggest anyone to buy this unit.

Date created: 2013-04-20 Name: Nickbeam
Location: Austintown Ohio

"Ducane Furnace ... NO NO NO!"
The Ducane Furnace in my home town sounds like a jet taking off when it lights up. You have to turn on the television on the second floor Skype high to hear it. Don't even try to listen to it in the basement...

Date created: 2012-10-13 Name: Ed Samsel
Location: Warminster, PA

"Worst Heater Ever"
I had a 93% High Efficiency heater installed in Nov. of 2010. Last year I spent a small fortune on service because the inducer blower kept filling up with water and shutting it down. My service tech says that this should never happen. Guess what, it does. I am having the same problem this year. If I add the cost of service, this heater is not saving me anything as promised.

Date created: 2012-10-08 Name: Gary Keith
Location: iL

"Good easy to install furnace"
I needed to replaced my 25 yr old 80,000 60% furnace and recently purchased a Ducane downdraft 66,000 btu furnace from Alpine, including sheet metal and recommended thermostat. I did some basic installation research and completed the project in 7 hours. I was a bit concerned about setting the temp rise but found direction using you tube. The furnace runs extremely well and is relatively quiet considering that it's in a closet set up in a 3 bedroom ranch house. If you install it your self just take your time and research. It's very satisfying when it lights for the first time. Good luck.

Date created: 2012-03-01 Name: Dan
Location: Illinois

"Works great, 10 years without problems!"
As for most mechanical systems, the single most important thing is to have it installed correctly! I have had my Ducane furnace for ten years now, I have it maintained professionally and have never had any problems. My heating guy said the only time these act up is if they are installed wrong... Just like any other furnace. The problem is people sell the furnace to Joe Shmoes like me and then they find the cheapest guys to install it, or worse yet... hack it in themselves. My son just had one installed and he could not be home so I did the home sitting detail for him while they did their jobs, I had no idea how many things had to be done just right or problems will result 1 to 5 years later. My previous home had a "Trane"... Nothing but trouble.

Date created: 2011-12-07 Name: ED STEWART
Location: Navarre, Ohio

"RUN AWAY--- DON'T BUY DUCANE!!!---"
First month started to smell oil. The heat exchanger was bad -- had to replace it. Since getting this junk I have had nothing but problems, replaced everything but the tin and fan. The fan is making noise. Don't know which is worse: the fan or the jet sound. Had to buy electric heaters because the furnace breaks down every year.... Worst product I ever bought. As I read in other post you get what you pay for. I tried to save a few bucks but have suffered for 5 years. Research and pay a little more up front and have peace of mind.

Date created: 2011-04-29 Location: Chicago, IL

"My new house got a new furnace"
Since this was basically a Lennox product, we were hopeful it would be as good as our old Lennox furnace. The installation went very smooth and the technicians were great. However, we have had quite a few problems with the thermostat as well as the fan motor. Both have been replaced more than once. It seems the problems are fixed now, but it was a long 6 months and a lot of arguments with Ducane customer service. All in all, it works great now, but initially I was not satisfied at all. If they worked on their customer service, I would have been a lot more satisfied.