Consumer Reviews of Coleman furnaces

Read more about Coleman furnaces

Date created: 2010-02-09 Name: Tom G.

"Older mobile home furnace/AC"
A 1990 Coleman 7956a856 was in a mobile home, purchased in 2001. Put in service 2002. In 2005, the central air unit failed and was replaced. The furnace and ac have worked well. Limit switches will be replaced this winter (2010). Except that newer units are more efficient, I am satisfied with the performance.

Date created: 2010-02-04 Name: Mildred Williams

"Coleman Gas Furnance"
I had a Coleman Gas Heating System installed in 02/28/2009. I used the heating system for approximately one month. Used the system again on 11/09. It stopped putting out heat in 11/25/09. The Service Specialist said the thermostat was bad. I informed him the stat was new. He insisted the stat was bad. I let him replace it at a charge of $100.00. Heat was working until 8pm on 1/3/10. I tried turning the system to off but would not turn off. Slept the entire night under air. Called the thermostat company and was informed itís not the thermostat. Called the Specialist and he said it sounds like a switch in the acetic system not allowing the opening and closing to release the heat. Currently it's 1/4/10 11pm and the system has not shut off. My old system Lennox worked fine from 1985 and after Hurricane Katrina until 2/09. I was also told I would have to pay a service charge each time a Specialist comes out. If there are other defects in this system , I would very much like to know. I will be a very angry customer if I have to continue to pay service charge fees if this continues. I have already invested $5,900 for both the heating and ac systems.

Date created: 2010-01-27 Name: Mavis J. Carey

"Coleman"
My Coleman furnace was bought in Oct. 2009. It is so noisy that I use a floor heater to warm the house during the day & the furnace after I go to bed. The technician from the company I bought it, told us that there was nothing that can be done about the noise. So now, we have a new furnace & air conditioner & cannot use either.

Date created: 2010-01-05 Name: Robert LaVeine

"an expert on furnaces"
I am a retired m/h dealer. I am 83 yrs old. I was a service point for Coleman, Intertherm and Lear Segular (home) furnaces. I now rent as apts 25 units. Most have new or late model Coleman units which are very unreliable. Example, a tenant went to the hospital for 3 days, the temp. outside was 0. She set her thermostat at 50. When we checked it 3 days later, it was out and everything was frozen solid. Their circuit board is a joke. We have replaced 90% of them more than once. In my professional opinion, Coleman has went downhill and unreliable. Damage done that no warranty can replace.

Date created: 2009-12-28 Name: Mary Kay

"Totally Impressed with Coleman"
We have a factory install a Coleman furnace in our 1989 1900 sq ft. Doublewide. We have owned the home since 1992. We have had to do absolutely nothing to the furnace except change filters! We have a wood stove also and when you light it, the furnace has to be off as to not create a negative draft. I have to hold my hand over the heat register to see if it is on because you can't hear if it is running or not. Very quiet!

Date created: 2009-12-02 Name: Rick

"Coleman T.H.E. Heat Pump"
This Unit was installed new when my home was built. It is coupled with a Coleman air handler with an electric aux heat pack. This unit is still working fine and quiet after 24 years and no repair calls with the exception the defrost circuit board has just gone bad. Rather than invest repair money into this trusty old equipment, I have decided to upgrade to a high efficiency Coleman system. This decision was made solely to take advantage of the current tax and other incentives offered at this point in time. Great heat pump!

Date created: 2009-11-24 Name: Dennis Androli

"Coleman Furnace"
These furnaces are nothing but a headache and a drain on the pocket book. For the past nine years the furnace has had something go wrong every year if not twice per year. I'm tired of being cold and have had it, I'm replacing it with a Lennox.

Date created: 2009-07-13 Name: Jeff Fox

"Great fit"
I wanted to move my furnace under the stairs and only coleman had the 33 inch furnace that would fit under the stairs. It has been installed for about a year and a half now and my gas bill has been cut in half.

Date created: 2009-07-03 Name: V. Blanchard

"Great Little Furnace"
I just replace my furnace with the Coleman 98% furnace, it is almost half the size of my old furnace, but it is very quiet and my house feels warm now.

Date created: 2009-05-25 Name: J. Hasson

"Tax Credit"
I had to replace my gas furnace last week, I compared 6 differant brands of furnaces and only coleman had every 90% gas furnace that was 95%. Most had only a couple and some had none. Now that it is installed I am very happy with it. It is very quiet.