Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of Coleman furnaces

Read more about Coleman furnaces

Date created: 2011-02-21 Name: E. G.
Location: Lakeport, CA

"dgaa056"
If it wasn't for the fact that this is the only unit that fit in the furnace spot in my manufactured home, I would have bought something else. The fan is much louder than the old Coleman Evcon Presidential, and can wake you up at night, the cycles don't step up or down, only blasts heat on for awhile, goes off, then does it again when you start shivering. You have to hold the filters in place while putting the top door back on, or they will slide out the bottom. The bottom door has 2 plastic latches and one breaks off every time the door is removed, no matter how carefully it is pulled off.

Date created: 2011-02-16 Name: Bruce
Location: Chatham, ON

"oldy but a goody"
My Coleman has been running well for 46 years, 20 of that for me. Only thing that has been replaced in 20 years was the motor. Recent furnace inspection came up "no problem"...looks better than most furnaces less than half that age. Tech said that if heat goes out - replace the t-stat, that is more likely to be an issue than the 46 year old furnace. Standing pilot light probably makes sure humidity doesn't have a chance to take hold. After reading reviews of new furnace - looks like they don't make them like they used to.

Date created: 2011-01-30 Name: J Smith
Location: wyoming

"Sucks"
Had nothing but trouble with it. Everytime the wind blows it won't work.

Date created: 2011-01-17 Name: Roni
Location: Pomona CA

"DGAA056BDTBJ"
I work for an Heating And A/C company. We service them often. We replaced a pressure switch and now it needs a combustion air blower for one that is alittle over a year old. Beaware that parts warranty is only for a year. Most manufacture's warranty parts for 5 or more years. I would shop around

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: Darrin Killom

"don't like it very much."
Well, the coleman furnace I have may be different from yours, but i'm pretty sure there all terrible. mine has five flame launch ports and is "mid efficiency", what ever the hell that means, 71% AFUE or such. the blower distributes way way way sub-normal air pressure through out the house, and the plenum and exhaust pipe gets way way too hot, so i'm told. (they wont fix the problem though, just charge me $200 or so for them to diagnose). our gas prices have been hiked way up thanks to this thing. don't buy one.

Date created: 2010-11-30 Name: Ted Edmondson
Location: Silver Springs, NV

"Good Furnace"
My Coleman Furnace is 23 years old and has performed well. I had to replace the thermocouple once and we just replaced the blower assembly, which did not surprise me considering its age. I had the unit inspected and overall it is in decent condition. I am very satisfied and will buy another one when the need arises. We live in the high desert and get some very cold winters. This unit has done its job.

Date created: 2010-10-28 Name: rick

"100,000 BTU 2 stage 6 years old"
I replaced a25 year old funace that worked well no trouble with a 2 stage 100,000 btu coleman never has worked right. the heating man was going to put an 80000 btu in my 1979 home but i asked for a 100000 btu. when it gets to zero outside it wont keep up would not recommend to anynoe

Date created: 2010-10-23 Name: Randy
Location: Wisconsin

"Wouldn't recommend"
My Coleman furnace was installed new when my manufactured home was built 6 years ago. Last year I had to have the glow plug replaced, which wasn't a huge repair, but still fairly expensive. Yesterday when I was having the annual inspection done on it, I found out there is a crack in the heat exchanger. There was a 10-year warranty on it, so I "only" have to pay $500 for shipping and labor to have a new one installed! To top that off, I was told that there is only a 1 year warranty on the new heat exchanger from Coleman. What sense does that make?!? I would think the new exchanger would be under warranty for at least the remaining 4 years of the original 10-year warranty. I guess Coleman must think their own products are junk if they're not even willing to take a chance in covering it for more than a year! I would not recommend a Coleman furnace to anyone - especially after seeing how many other people have had problems!

Date created: 2010-10-16 Name: Amanda L'Heureux
Location: Alberta, Canada

"Not a happy customer"
Have owned our furnace just over 3yrs and had to replace the pressure switch four times. Once under warrintiy. Plus the guys (Dumbass) who installed it left the tape and card board in the main duct. Plus they didn't mention you to take our door off in front of the furnace and the furnace got so hot that it start to melt and warp where the covers forwhere you put the filters.Then we found out later it's to big for our Trailer. To top it all the it so noisey that we have to turn up our t.v just about ten notches to listen to it when it's on.

Date created: 2010-10-14 Name: W NICHOLS
Location: KENOSHA WI

"piece of garbage"
had it installed 6 years ago never made it through 1 winter without having to replace part.I had old furnace in house for 25 year never had to put anything into that one.NEVER BUY COLEMAN FURNACE