Consumer Reviews of Clare furnaces

Read more about Clare furnaces

• HEG (1 review)

Date created: 2010-01-27 Name: Geboombaa

"Clare"
Owned this furnace for 10 years but existed in this house for another 20 years. In the last 10 years, I just changed the motor bearing and that too by myself. No problems, whatsoever. Hard to see it go now that we are changing over to a high efficiency furnace to save on gas.

Date created: 2009-11-05 Name: C Ducharme

"Clare furnace review"
Previous owners purchased the furnace. It's been nothing but trouble since we bought the house. We have replaced just about every part and when I call the clare 1-800 number they tell me there is really nothing that they can do for us,to call the dealer. The problem is the dealer can't figure it out either. Great response, thanks for nothing and I hope you've enjoyed all the money I've put into it to keep your jobs secure. Totally dissatisfied customer.

Date created: 2009-08-14 Name: D Staebell
Location: Eau Claire, Wisconsin

"Works Great"
'Inherited' this furnace when bought our house in 2000. Though furnace fan is quite loud, our yearly service company indicates the Clare is built very well. Service company indicates most parts are still available and even though it's not a well known brand in our area/city (Eau Claire, Wisconsin)it's been very reliable. Will stick with it for a few more years and will go to a quieter unit with a dual fan.

Date created: 2009-06-04 Name: robert gleason

"works great cheap on gas"
This furnace is the best........compact 50000btu in a 1100 ft split level.....furnace in the open in the workroom/laundry.

Date created: 2009-03-21 Name: CLARE BROTHERS

"Old Faithful"
House and Furnace both 29 years old as of this writing. This Furnace keeps going and going with annual cleaning/check ups. Service tech says these are simple units with heat exchangers built like a tank. The reason the service tech recommends replacement is for much better efficiency plus less availability of replacement parts. I know the day will come when I will give in for a new unit...just sad to replace something so reliable. :(

Date created: 2009-01-31 Name: ED BULLER
Location: Sarnia, Ontario

"SHORT CYCLEING"
Furnace blower shuts off 2min.then back on 10min. new filter and cleaned blower

Date created: 2009-01-05 Name: Donald Claypool
Location: Horseheads, NY

"homeowner"
The furnace works very well.

Date created: 2008-03-28 Name: M.Laughlen
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Although the furnace is about 20 yrs, I have been in the house for 10 years and only this year, 2008, had to replace the igniter. It has been a very good and reliable furnace and I would be happy to buy a newer more efficient one but having trouble finding a distributor. I believe keeping the furnace serviced once a year really helps to maintain its functionality.

Date created: 2008-02-08 Name: JAMES GRAY

A GREAT UNIT

Date created: 2007-03-19 Name: eddie
Location: ontario

I just wonder what is check rollout switch means , the model # MEMC serial #9503c0077501, because is not working property