Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Read more about CARRIER furnaces

Date created: 2008-12-17 Name: T. Andersen
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota

"58MVP"
New it had a bad induced draft blower, not warranted because homeowner installed it, and why did the homeowner make the blower? Ignighter failed last year and now it's freezing up in the exhaust pipe with our cold temps.

Date created: 2008-12-09 Name: M. Reiche
Location: Mountain View, CA

"ok except for the noise/vibration"
Fair amount of noise/vibration for about 30 seconds whenever it cycles on.

Date created: 2008-12-01 Name: J. Firszt
Location: Spring Grove, IL

"Love Carrier"
We've Sold/Installed Many brands over the years. Carrier, Trane, Goodman, Lennox, Comfortmaker. Carrier is absolutely the best in quality, efficiency, and Customer service and support. The Infinity is the best all around system on the market hands down. We'll never sell anything else.

Date created: 2008-11-19 Name: S. Zou
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Mr."
I bought Carrier Weathermaker 92% high efficiency furnace in 1995. It never gives me any problem throughout the year. Never has any part replaced and never has any service calls. By reviewing the comments of others, I just think how lucky I am to have this furnace serve me so well. I would not hesitate to buy aother one if I have to. A solid quality product.

Date created: 2008-11-05 Name: KDL
Location: Northern VA

"What is everyone talking about?"
I have had a Carrier furnace in three homes. I have never, ever had a lick of trouble with any. In 1985, I installed a Carrier furnace in my home in NW Florida. I had a Carrier Infinity furnace installed in my home in New Orleans and I just installed 2 Carrier Infinity Hybrid Heat systems in my 5500 sq foot Northern VA home. All have been extremely good products (although not cheap). In any case, I cannot say enough positively about the Carrier Infinity line of furnaces. They seem to be at the apex of the industry in quality and comfort.

Date created: 2008-10-28 Name: Mike Franklin Jr
Location: Yorkville, IL

"Carrier Money Pit"
Ever since our 2nd year of owning this brand new Carrier 58pav070.12 Series 160, we have had to sink money into it. Every winter something will go out. Replaced the Fan Motor after 4 years, Control board after 3 years, Igniter, Flame sensor, etc...

Date created: 2008-10-24 Name: D. Stack
Location: Greensboro, NC

"48gs carrier"
This unit has done well on the A/C part and with 8 years the heat inducter wheel had completely rusted off when we tried heat last week. Parts and labor was 455.00...repair man said he had replaced 9 last year and said it was a poor design. Had to replace panel and all...looks like they could use stainless for the blower wheel at least...outside of unit looks brand new

Date created: 2008-10-01 Name: HVAC Service Tech
Location: Seattle, WA

"HVAC Service Tech"
I've worked almost exclusively with these furnaces for almost 2 years. The heat exchanger problems are real in both the 80% and 90% furnaces. Most of the units will only require a new igniter after 5-10years and inducer failure in about 15 years. Easy to work on, parts are readily available. I would put one in my home. It's true that the installation matters. Some problems with the GE made ecm variable speed motors. As far as their Heatpumps go, they are pretty good. For some reason they route the vapor pressure sensor wire were it shorts to the chassis of the outdoor unit in about 1-2 years. It's been a problem for over a year and they still haven't fixed it. They need to use heavier insulation on their low voltage control wiring at the outdoor unit! Recently, they have been having q/c issues with their indoor coils having leaks, not sure what the root cause is.

Date created: 2008-09-22 Name: Atlee Air
Location: Richmond, Va.

"president"
I have been installing carrier equipment for the last 4 years. I will not install any other brand if I can help it. Since then, customer satisfaction & comfort increased and call backs decreased. Sounds Like most of these unsatisfied people have more of a problem with a poor installation, not poor engineering. Maybe research the contractor not the product. If any brand equipment is not installed or retrofitted properly, it will not operate properly. Maybe there should have been modifications to the duct system, perhaps the technician follows a poor installation procedure. I stand behind Carriers strong product line.

Date created: 2008-09-19 Name: Lester Nelson
Location: Lacey, WA

"Unhappy"
I have only had this furnace for 6 years and it already has a crack in the heat exchanger, I keep the filters clean and have it checked once year. The local Carrier people who installed it told me that Carrier will give me the heat exchanger for free, I just have to pay the labor, $900. The tech told me that they are having a lot of problems with it. He sees the problem at least 3 times a week. I will never buy a Carrier again.