Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of BURNHAM furnaces

Read more about BURNHAM furnaces

Date created: 2010-04-20 Name: Ken C.

"Burnham V7"
Installed in 2000. Leaks water on the seam of the cast iron part that contains the water.

Date created: 2010-04-16 Name: Jerry P.

"Cracked casting"
Found this when researching a new furnace. The reason I need a new one is that my Burnham unit cracked along it's casting and is leaking. It's barely 10 years old, but I am not the first owner. I expect parts to wear out, but a boiler casting should not crack, that is unacceptable.

Date created: 2010-03-23 Name: Fred Brown

"No problems"
I had a new Burnham v-7 installed in 1994. I'm happy to report that I've had absolutely no problems with it.

Date created: 2010-02-28 Name: Mesh Fox

"cracked block 1999 -2.28.10"
House was brand new. Cracked block and rusty scum water. Same as all the other reviews. I will not replace with a Burnham. Brother is a plumber but I'm still out $3000. This will get me a good furnace with a hot water maker upgrade. Burnham can go to hell. Shysters.

Date created: 2010-01-31 Name: J Manning

"Burnham is crap"
Bought our house new in '93 and in 2000 had to replace our unit, cracked block. Fought with them and had to threaten them to work with me on replacement. Here it is 2010, another cracked block, same place. Will not be using this product ever again. Ten houses in neighborhood, all the same problems. Won't bother to even call them this time. Lesson learned.

Date created: 2010-01-27 Name: Jak

"Burnham V8 series disgrace"
Our v8 series has a water leak and needs to be replaced. Purchased in 2002. Just read reviews. Burnham is a very poor quality product.

Date created: 2010-01-25 Name: Kathy

"Burnham is horrible in every way!!!!!"
I am on my second Burnham furnace. The first (v7) rotted out. I, then purchased a v8. It has a crack and is leaking some water and balls of rust the size of golf balls. I am now forced into purchasing a third furnace (all in 18 years). I am buying a System 2000 and would never buy another Burnham. Any info on a class action suit would be welcome.

Date created: 2010-01-11 Name: W Menoche

"Piece of crap Burnham"
I am like others. Not the original owner and I am waiting with not much hope after reading this that the company will stand by their product. I have also learned that there is a class action law suit against Burnham for this.

Date created: 2010-01-01 Name: D. Phelan

"Money Pit"
Like all the rest, my boiler has leaks. This is the third time since initial installation. I have never made it through a heating season without a problem. Reading all these reviews, I'm not sure how Burnham stays in business. Boilers have been around for over a hundred years, so the tech should be down by now. That only means that Burnham sells an extremely low quality product. Time for a change!

Date created: 2009-12-31 Name: Mary

"V-8 Boiler Cracked"
We has a V-8 Burnham furnace put in 8 years ago. Christmas Eve of 2009, we noticed it was leaking water. Our oil company repairman has told us the boiler block is cracked. Burnham has agreed to replace it with a new V910 because it was under the 10 year warranty but will not kick in anything to help with labor because we have a cracked V-8 instead of their admittedly defective V-7. Anybody know anything about a 910? I can't find anything online about this boiler and worry this might crack too.