Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of BURNHAM furnaces

Read more about BURNHAM furnaces

Date created: 2011-05-13 Name: Marilyn Hurley
Location: Salem MA 01970

"defective unit - 3 installed in 15 years!"
My first Burnham was installed in 1997. It failed in 2007. My second Burnham was then installed and it failed in 2010. I spent $1200 per month in our last heating season (11/10 to 3/11) - and that wa for minimum heat - I had to keep the thermostat set at 74 degrees 24/7. The block was cracked and Burnam told me it was because I had bad water!!--I am trying to purse a class action- interested? --also planning on going to small claims court.

Date created: 2011-01-17 Name: LC
Location: CT

"Start reporting bad companies!"
Burnham is not a BBB rated comapny but you can still file complaints against them via the BBB website. If there are enough pissed off consumers perhaps someone will take notice and maybe in the future Burnham will be forced to recall faulty units (as opposed to offering credits to angry customers). My furnace is 14 years old, I am the original owner, and I am angry about being at the mercy of shoddy craftsmanship and poor business practices. I reported my issue to the BBB as well as my state's Attorney General and Department of Consumer Protection.

Date created: 2010-12-27 Name: Hidden agendas
Location: CT

"The american way of life"
I have 1998 Burnham v-75 replaced burner 2 seasons ago, rebuilt fire box 3 years ago- today heat exchanger is leaking (steam system) Furnace man says its time to replace the furnace $5,500-7000 installed. He says that Burnham uses imported assemblies in their furnaces from China and India to save $$$ and make $$$. With the $$$$$ they are making they can afford the occasional law suit. Unfortunately many other manufacturers are following the same path. Big business (US economy) can not survive producing a product that last 30 years -- failures are designed into the products to keep people employed -- That's the way it is and it's only going get worse, everything the american consumer needs and DEMANDS will only be available as long as we agree to pay up. Remember when TV was free? change the technology, convince the public it's great and everyone will eventually forget what they had and lost. It's called "free enterprise". Never have so many been controlled by so few.

Date created: 2010-12-27 Name: W. Bickford
Location: Maine

"Leaking furnace"
I had the burnham furnace installed when I purchased the house. It was part of my building package. For the first few years it was fine. But over the past 5 years it has been leaking water from different places. It just shuts off randomly. I just spent 800 dollars having different things replaced and now it heats water when it wants to. Frustrated.

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: peeing Burnhams
Location: Danbury

"V73 - eleven years old"
I have a Burnham who's ten year old core leaks like a pig. What is disheartening are the repair options. Really would like to more information on anyone claiming a leaking core costs less than $2.5 thousand to repair. Heck, given my price quotes, I think I would be willing to spring for a plane ticket for any repair person who can get it done for that price.

Date created: 2010-12-07 Name: Julie Haas
Location: Groveton, NH

"cracked boiler"
Bought my house 6 years ago - furnace was couple of years old. My boiler is cracked - just like everyone else is saying. Single mother of 3 and no way to repalce this - wont be buying Burnham.

Date created: 2010-09-10 Name: Rae Cinclini

"not sure"
works great, very efficient

Date created: 2010-04-20 Name: Ken C.

"Burnham V7"
Installed in 2000. Leaks water on the seam of the cast iron part that contains the water.

Date created: 2010-04-16 Name: Jerry P.

"Cracked casting"
Found this when researching a new furnace. The reason I need a new one is that my Burnham unit cracked along it's casting and is leaking. It's barely 10 years old, but I am not the first owner. I expect parts to wear out, but a boiler casting should not crack, that is unacceptable.

Date created: 2010-03-23 Name: Fred Brown

"No problems"
I had a new Burnham v-7 installed in 1994. I'm happy to report that I've had absolutely no problems with it.