Consumer Reviews of Bryant furnaces

Read more about Bryant furnaces

Date created: 2009-04-09 Name: BRYANT HTG & COOLING SYS

"Fixer Upper"
I have been in properties management business for over 25 years. I have dealt with many different brands of equipment but have received the best service and performance out of my Bryant products. From the several 2 bedroom rental properties to the 13 light commercial strip mall type spaces I rent and maintain, I have receive the lowest service costs and best comfort from the Bryant equipped spaces. I have used others but prefer Bryant

Date created: 2008-11-24 Name: Ken Krout
Location: klkrout@comcast.net

"3rd Winter Crap out"
Well, 2 years and 21 days after installation we are freezing our butts off. I replaced a working 41 year old furnace when I installed central air and went with a high efficiency unit. It keeps running and does not throw heat. My wife and girls are complaining because it can not heat our home. Bryant seller is uncaring, our installer seems helpless to repair after several visits. It is now shorted out past certain check valves to keep us from freezing to death, but it is only 65 in here. We are very unhappy. I am wondering if it is safe. High tech stuff sucks. My old furnace was light the pilot and go!!!

Date created: 2008-11-19 Name: Ed Gildernew
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

"This 80% bryant furnace is junk!!!!"
Three years ago I was told by the furnace company who installed the furnace, that I had cracks in my heat exchanger. The furnace company said the exchanger was covered and they would replace it even though I was a week out of warranty. I said fine and the exchanger was replaced, This week I had the furnace company check and clean the furnace. Next thing I know I have a crack in the heat exchanger again. I asked to see it and with a camera the furnace man showed it to me. This time the heat exchanger is under warranty but I am to be charged over $600.00 to replace it. Are you sure you want this kind of junk in your house with your wife and kids sleeping at night depending on you to pick a furnace that is safe!!! Not me I looking for a better furnace.........somewhere, somehow!!!!

Date created: 2008-10-28 Name: R. Myers
Location: WI

"Bryant 1090i"
We replaced the original furnace (which we never had issues with) until the heat exchanger cracked. But it was 25 yrs old. We were sold a Bryant. In the last 14 yrs...besides the small repairs and normal maintenance issues we have had huge expenses and repairs. Every year a new adventure in repairs. For our large expensive repairs...the mother board and (if we were to repair it this time..which we are not) 4...4 inducers. To replace an inducer...$900.00. How is that for expenses on a furnace? You would think Bryant would be so ashamed that they would offer us at least a discount...NOT! We are now without a working furnace with winter on our heals, residing in WI. Needing to makeup our minds on a new furnace fast. It won't be a Bryant.

Date created: 2008-10-02 Name: Rick Knight
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

"80% 2-speed, several repairs"
In 11 years, with regular service, the furnace required replacement of the blower motor at year 3 (parts and labor under warranty I believe), igniter at year 7 (not covered), "inducer" motor and heat exchanger at year 11. The current year 11 repairs were estimated at $820 even with the parts warranty on the heat exchanger. I am shopping now and do not expect to purchase a Bryant or Carrier product at this time. Performance for heating and cooling along with an old Sears ac unit was ok to marginal with a split level home. The lower level was difficult to heat without running the blower fan continuously.

Date created: 2008-02-13 Name: jeff
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

nothing but trouble.have spent 1800.00 over the past 11 years on repairs. had to replace circuit board,pressure switch,vacuum switch, igniter twice, and something called a ICM 202 time delay. i have a stack of repair receipts.It craps out at least once a year.unit is the high efficiency model.i will replace this spring but will not be a Bryant unless they see this report and contact me to make things right.sure that will happen in my dreams.

Date created: 2008-01-03 Name: Dkelley
Location: Grandview, Ia

I'm upgrading my old Bryant furnace to a newer one. It will be a Bryant! Not one problem with my 1981 model. Hopefully today's models are just as trustworthy. I'm banking on it.

Date created: 2007-09-18 Name: Sam
Location: Buffalo

I own a Bryant 80% Gas Furnace with peizo-electric ignitor. It's in service a a rental property. The only service call in 14 years, was to have a serviceman wire-brush the ignitor. Other than that its run perfectly. I also own a Heil 80% Furnace which needed a $400 gas valve after 5 years. I realize that Heil and Bryant are made by Carrier, but I consider the Bryant to be superior. I am skeptical of Heil, and they have a dubious reputation amongst installers.

Date created: 2007-03-29 Name: L Reeder
Location: Middletown, OH

Have owned a Bryant 355 for 8 years now. Other then changing filters Have never had the front door off. My only regret is buying a 10 year Parts & Labor warranty which I will never use. I hope it breaks soon.

Date created: 2007-03-10 Name: S. Polizzi
Location: Northern Illinois

Upgraded from 40 year old furnace to 80% efficient. Absolutely no cost savings per therm used. Comfort level questionable. Also affects the AC which now is causing too much moisture in basement, and a mildew problem.