Consumer Reviews of Bryant furnaces

Read more about Bryant furnaces

Date created: 2011-02-25 Name: J Mich
Location: s elgin Il

"Dont buy a bryant"
Out home was built in 1978 and the original furnace lasted almost 28 years with little or no problem. we had the new supposedly more energy efficient and "better" furnace (Bryant) installed in 2006 and have had to have numerous service calls the latest to replace the blower ($475) It is very poor quality and I can only think the technician got a good markup. We are very disatisfied and would definately NEVER recommend this brand!!

Date created: 2011-02-20 Name: E. Kulish
Location: Beecher, Il. 60401

"Furnace is defective. Received NO response"
I have written to both the Customer Service Dept. and to Mr. Cook in Indianapolis as well as having completed this form before. To date have not had a response. The Inducer motor is defective. We built our new home in July of 2005 and requested Bryant. I believe this should be covered by your warranty, however, I cannot receive any response to my numerous correspondence. If I do not hear shortly, I will take this up with the Chicago Tribune's Problem Solver, which will publish the fact that Bryant does NOT reply to customer's correspondence. I will also contact our Atty General and inform them. Hope to hear from someone. Bryant needs some public/customer relations expertise.

Date created: 2011-02-13 Name: steeler dude
Location: Worthington,OH

"Bryant furnaces suck"
Had Bryant 95% (bs) 353BAV060100 2 stage furnace installed 6/28/2010. It routinely overheats and shuts off w/o reaching set temperature. The limiter that shuts off the furnace has twice failed to reset resulting in no heat and two service calls. The first tech banged the limiter on the floor to free the sticking part. Real high tech fix! We lost electricity due to storm and temperature dropped to 58 deg. It took 12+ hours to recover to 73 deg. after power was restored because the unit shut off every ten minutes. When it is running "properly" the airflow is so low it does not wasrm the more distant rooms. All the energy is being used to heat ductwork that cools because of excessive cycling. I'm told the blowers rate of airflow cannot be adjusted. Now I'm waiting for a Bryant representative. I'm sure he's got a well rehersed spiel as to why it's not the company's fault they produce a product that doesn't heat a house worth a damn. I've already heard the excuse that government regulations cause the problem.

Date created: 2011-02-09 Name: Lawrence Kesteloot
Location: Algonac, MI

"Byrant Multi Stage furnace"
I have purchased a Bryant heating and cooling system. I have had nothing but high quality performance along with service. It has been 6 years now and this system is a work horse. I am completly comfortable with my two stage furnace all winter long, and my two speed AC unit is incredible. I had nothing but terrific customer service from my sales call to the last clean and check. Most of you don't realize that 90 plus furnaces need a clean and check every year, if this doesn't happen, it can lead to heat exchangers issues early on. Maintenance is the key with the new wave furnaces, you need a contractor that installs it correctly and manages the system properly. Take extra time when choosing a contractor. Any high end furnace will work terrific, but if you ignore the quality and follow of a the contractor and choose to get complacent with you maintenance, then you will be setting yourself up for some high service bills. Really be extra, extra careful in choosing the contractor. NATE Certified, Esco Certified, BPI Certified, 24 hour 7 Day a week service, A+ Better Business Bureau Rating.

Date created: 2011-01-31 Name: Andrew leBoeuf

"Home owner"
Had a Bryant high efficiency furnace install Dec of 2009. The original furnace was a Bryant that had lasted in my home for 22 years, with one blower replacement and the usual furnace cleanings. Have now had the new furnace for over two years and have had no problems. On the coldest days were are comfortable and have saved money on gas also. I will look at Bryant again when its needed.

Date created: 2011-01-20 Name: S.Popowich
Location: New Richmond, WI, USA

"Bryant 95s"
We installed this furnace in October 2010 along with AC and air exchanger, total sytem changeout. Anderson Heating,Houlton WI, did the work. They did a great job and we are very pleased with the performance of the furnace. Of course we haven't been able to use the AC. The furnace is quiet and are utility bills have been reduced. With the furnace and air exchanger being controlled thru the Evolution thermostat our humidity levels are now in check. I would recommend this product to anyone.

Date created: 2011-01-11 Name: ricky
Location: St Catharines Canada

"Boeing 747"
First mistake was buying a Bryant furnace as it has been nothing but a joke since new and is now just 5 years old, Model 340 M.A.V and is included in the models with bad heat exchangers and it appears Carrier just ignores this problem ,maybe it will take a death to ignite some action. It has at times sounded on ignition like a 747 going down the runway preparing for take-off. at other ignition times no noise at all other then normal sound. Two service technicians have checked it out plus the installer and the same old crap, one lowered the manifold gas pressure and the next raised it back up to print specs as he said that was a no-no.I will never buy another Bryant product,once stung is lesson enough.If anyone has this same problem i would appreciate the solution ,before i scrap this piece of junk.

Date created: 2011-01-05 Name: YOOPER AL
Location: Sault Sainte Marie, MI

"Buy another brand"
Another winter, another breakdown. Bought new 1/17/07. Heat exchanger had to be changed in Dec 09. 29 Dec 2010 had to replace the seized blower motor. When it works, it heats properly and did somewhat lower my bills compared to the previous furnace. Buts thats the problem - its constantly breaking down. The original dealer that I bought it from went out of business so I have to go to another contractor that doesn't honor the Bryant warranty. BUY SOME OTHER BRAND

Date created: 2011-01-02 Name: Brent Glaser
Location: Halleck, Nevada

"Bryant 350 MAV High Efficiency"
Furnace worked great for the first 4-5 years. My mom paid $10,000 to install this plus new ductwork. I moved into the house after she passed away just to find the heat exchanger had rusted through. This causes the main burner box to overheat, then the furnace shuts down. Original installer wouldn't call back. Took it apart myself and found the secondary heat exchanger was "rust proofed" by coating the narrow steel passages with plastic. The steel rusted from the moist/cooled/condensing exhaust gasses, then the plastic and rust plugged the exhaust passages creating backpressure that shuts down the furnace. Used propane torch to burn out all plastic, then pressure washer and air to blow out rust pieces. I know this is crazy dangerous, but I'm not in a mood to buy another until I research who makes condensing furnaces that won't rust the secondary heat exchanger quite so fast. Some people make stainless steel heat exchangers for not that much more. So far I've squeezed 3 extra winters of use out of this crappy furnace, but I see the flame color is not a nice blue flame anymore--starting to choke up and burn yellow. DO NOT BUY any high efficiency/condensing furnace that does'nt have a stainless steel heat exchanger!!!

Date created: 2010-12-15 Name: MikeButt
Location: Silver Sprin MD

"2 months out of warranty"
Bought a Bryant furnace brand new 5 years and 4 months ago. It must have planned obsolesence. Two major parts are broken now and will cost $1500 plus labor to fix. I called Bryant, which gives you the old sorry out of warranty speech. I am at the point of maybe replacing the furnace because of the fear this is just the tip of the iceberg and will turn into a money pit. So I would not recommend a Bryant ot Carrier system to anyone.