Consumer Reviews of AMANA furnaces

Read more about AMANA furnaces

Date created: 2011-10-15 Name: DJ
Location: Windsor, Ont

"People need to smarten up"
As you have read by now many people find some sort of issue with the Amana brand and especially with every brand of furnace/ac out there. Some complain that their unit is only 80% efficient and now 96. Well that's because they didn't want to pay up another $2000 for a much better unit and others keep complaining about faulty/noisy ventor motors. Well I hate to tell you but they are all the same that's why most of the replacement parts for all furnaces are interchangeable meaning you can use the same part on 30 different furnace brands. On another note, all these parts are made in China so the made in USA means nothing just that it was assembled in the USA. One must compare a furnace to a car as it does require regular maintenance and money to be re-invested over time as nothing lasts forever. I have installed many Carrier/Payne/Amana/Goodman/Rheem products over the years and just because you pay more money does not mean less repair bills down the road.

Date created: 2011-09-19 Name: T Lowel
Location: Saline Michigan

"Bad Furnace"
This is the worst piece of junk I have ever owned. Flame Igniter goes out every year, which makes for a nice service call.

Date created: 2011-09-08 Name: don stone
Location: liam ohio

"Don't buy"
This unit broke within a week. I have replaced everything but the motor: a coil, squirrel cage, heat pump, condenser, control pad, copper tubes and much more. I bought the so-called top of the line (worst heat and cooling unit ever heard of).

Date created: 2011-09-03 Name: Vince LaRosa
Location: Gaylord, Michigan

"Don't last"
All you folks happy with your newly installed beware. The workmanship is not good, and the fire tubes begin to leak carbon monoxide. These furnaces are not built to last! Then your dealer says Amana will warranty it but the install will cost you around $1500.00. The install is a 2 hour job at most and to top it all off the replacement furnace has no warranty! I can buy the same furnace on ebay for $600 with a new warranty and a Contractor will instal is for $300. No more Amana Crap for me!!

Date created: 2011-08-03 Name: Susan Johnasonn
Location: Calistoga, CA

"Great Furnace & AC!"
I had an Amana furnace and a/c system installed almost 6 years ago and love it. Its quiet and I've never had a problem. My gas and electric bill went down quite a bit after it was installed. Yesterday I heard my neighbor say he heard he needed a new furnace and I highly recommended Amana. I also recommended the company I used to install it too because I think that's half the issue when people aren't happy with their furnaces or a/c units.

Date created: 2011-06-21 Name: Pete Costello
Location: Lorain, Ohio

"Amana Is Awesome, Best Investment !"
I have no idea how anyone gave a bad review to Amana, I replaced a very old gm Furnace (60s era) with the top of the line Hi-E Amana , I have saved at least $ 50. per month last winter (2010) and at least the same this past (2011) season ! Very quite, the ac is outstanding also. The best decesion I ever made.. My wife and I are very pleased and glad we choose Amana, and Gidich Heating & Air Conditioning (Lorain, Ohio) were very professional and we very happy with them as well. Great combo "Gidich & Amana"!!

Date created: 2011-05-30 Name: Mark V
Location: Mpls

"dogs peeing on A/C"
does someone have to beat you with a bat? Keep your dogs off the a/c no mater what. Your unit may have copper tubing like many other brands but they all have aluminum fins. when they are gone the unit may hold freon but will not cool properly because the air will be sucked through the hole and not through the fins where the heat is given up. Pressures and temperatures in an A/C unit correspond directly. The higher the temp the higher the pressure. High temp/press will kill your compressor before its time. There would be no way to accurately charge a unit in that condition. You'd be looking at another new unit.

Date created: 2011-05-16 Name: Phillip Leonti
Location: Glendora, CA

"I Love my Amana"
I had two systems replaced in my home Upstairs was Trane system, downstairs Rheem system. The Trane developed leaks in the aluminum coils outside and the Rheem was so noisy I was ashamed to turn it on. They both worked just OK and were installed by the builder when the home was built a few years ago. Now I replaced both systems with new Amama 16 SEER 2-stage A/C units with matching Amana 95% AFUE furnaces in the attic. This was the best investment and I am so pleased in getting rid of the nasty Trane and Rheem units. I save over 50% on my utility bills and these new units are now so quiet inside and out its unbelievable. The installers were the best. It took them six days and worked like dogs. I replaced all the plastic flex ducts with metal ducts and now I have so much air in each room its amazing. I d really do believe that having good installers makes the difference. Amana is a great Product.

Date created: 2011-03-02 Name: J Somma
Location: Arvada, CO

"Sounds like a jet engine!"
Just replaced our 20 year old furnace with an 80% efficient Amana furnace. We were told it has great technology ... like a jet engine. I wish I could attach a sound bite to this posting ... because it SOUNDS like a jet engine. Installer came back and told us this is "normal" ... but we can hear this furnace - which is installed in our basement - while we are outside in our garage. Installer told us if we would have paid 50% more for the 95% efficient, that this unit would have been quiet. Not happy at all!!

Date created: 2011-02-26 Name: H. Mantha
Location: Sarnia Ontario, CA

"Never buy this furnace nothing but problems"
This is a very noisy furnace and doesn't give off much heat. Have had to have the motor replace on the exhaust after 5 years. Should have been replaced after 4 years but my son was able to keep it running an extra winter. For the price we payed for this furnace we would have been better off getting our old one fixed. It was in the house when we bought it and never had any problems and it was a very old furnace. As soon as I can save up enough money will have it replaced. Would not recommend Amana furnace to any one.