Consumer Reviews of AMANA furnaces

Read more about AMANA furnaces

Date created: 2013-01-24 Name: Allan Mullaly
Location: Mississauga

"Very Satisfied"
I am so happy to select best furnace for my home heating system. Amana furnace is matchless with other furnaces. In Toronto I got best services of Clean Air Heat (905-201-1293). I am now enjoy this winter my Amana furnace.

Date created: 2013-01-08 Name: M. Dorchester
Location: Albuquerque, NM

"Piece of crap"
A reputable Albuquerque firm sold me this 80% efficiency furnace in Oct. 2005. Jan. 2010, just after 5-yr. warranty expired on parts other than heat exchanger, no heat. Same firm called it a lemon & tried to sell me another new furnace. I boycotted them, but have had problems almost every year. No heat is no fun. Sometimes, if unplugged for a while, it will reset & work again. Bad mother board or something, but I will never buy Amana again. Bad furnace!

Date created: 2012-11-26 Name: T Deal
Location: Fort Wayne, IN

"Amana 80% Multi-speed"
I bought this furnace because the Heating Guys recommended it because of its Heat Exchanger. Within 3 years I had to replace the electrical board and just 2 years later I replaced it again. (This past Monday) I got home today and the furnace was out again. Same symptoms as before. I suspect the "new" board is going out again for the third time. Thankfully it is still under warranty for the part but Amana won't pay for the labor to install the part. If I knew then that it would be such a headache I wouldn't have bought this brand name. Never again!

Date created: 2012-08-17 Name: JADams
Location: elk grove, CA

"Amana Modulating Furnace"
Just purchased and installed new modulating furnace with variable speed blower fan from Amana AMVM961005DX with matching AC coil, chpf4860d6d*+TXV, AC unit 4-ton model asxc180481a with two speed blower fan, 2-stage compressor. Total btu 47,500 sensible 36,100 seer 18.00 seer 13.00 ari#4654768. Got the 10 parts and labor and lifetime compressor/heat exchanger along with lifetime replacement on both. Oh my god, this unit is sweet. Can't even hear the furnace running on low speed fan, let alone with the furnace going (it's still summer here so). House warmed up quickly. AC unit is freakishly quiet on low stage and the house has a crap load of air flow and pulls down quickly and stays there on low stage. Highly, highly recommend the Amana. Originally didn't lean toward Amana as I have a York on another property. Got 24 bids from Trane, Carrier, Lennox, Rheem, Goodman, etc. Amana was second cheapest bid to York. Originally leaning toward York, couldn't get 18 seer on 4 ton AC with modulating furnace 98% on York (best is 17seer/13 seer). Have York unit on another home of mine which is nice also. Thing that sealed deal was efficiency and mostly the warranty from Amana. Can't beat it right now. Very nicely built unit. Do have to say installation is crucial to get full use of all components (Venstar t5800 touchscreen with wifi key) and ensure long life. I upgraded my ducting a couple of years ago to allow for maximum air flow and tied all room returns and hall returns back into unit. Have bypass duct on blower. Replaced an 8 year old Carrier, 5 ton furnace 3.5 ton AC unit (bad refrigerant leak due to bad install by Beautler caused pre-mature failure of compressor). Kept leaking even after repair. This is why I say installation is crucial. Old Carrier furnace is in good condition so I will keep.

Date created: 2012-01-31 Name: Joe Favero
Location: Centennial, CO

"Amana Customer Service SUCKS"
My installer was Front Range Service. They did not fill out the warranty information within 60 days of installation. Even though they were supposed too. Called Amana to get corrected and they would not even consider it. I will never use Amana again. For the price I would get Trane. Also do not use Front Rangally all. They were the worst I have ever worked with.

Date created: 2011-12-19 Name: A. Drake
Location: Round Rock, Tx

"Amana Furnace AMVC8/ADVC8"
Purchased new Amana AC/Furnace Unit April 2011. Installed by Dayton. Called Atmos Gas to home Dec. 9 and they red-tagged furnace: "gasleak at central heat". Called Atmos again Dec. 10 and report said "carbon monoxide hazard at central heat". Atmos instructed me to air out home and helped open windows.I Left unit off for 48 hours. The following Monday Dec. 12 Atmos and Dayton techs arrived at my home at the same time and turned on furnace. This time Atmos found nothing. They left and I haven't had it on since. I am afraid of it. One time the thermostat flashed "check furnace call for service." Dayton billed me $225 for nuisance calls. I am 77 and if I knew how to fix it myself I would.

Date created: 2011-12-19 Name: LNesmith
Location: Livonia, MI

"Our's won't last at this rate!"
Our Amana was installed 8 years ago and we had no problems the first few years. Then our motor started making noise and it only gets louder and louder as time goes on. Our furnace barely runs in the evening, but it pumps out heat all night long causing us to have $200+ gas bills in the winter. I hate our furnace and I hate the people that keep servicing it, it's a total con!

Date created: 2011-10-31 Name: Jane Doe
Location: Lanisng, MI

"AMANA sucks"
Don't buy it, after 5 years of a great furnace, it suddenly has intermittent failures and no one seems to be able to fix the problem, and of course it happened right after the warranty was up. I hate this furnace and wish I could afford to put a new one in my home. I even had an amana engineer at my house to look at it and after spending $268 dollars it wasn't the fix. I'm so ticked off.

Date created: 2011-10-29 Name: K-Dog
Location: Rochester, NY

"11 Years to First Problem"
Had this 95 installed 10/4/00 by a local Heating & Cooling Contractor (also an Amana Dealer). It has performed flawlessly until the first minor problem today (blower cycles On-Off trying to run in "Fan Only" mode). I've been running the fan in auto low speed 24/7 for the last several years to circulate and HEPA filter the air. It still runs fine in normal fast (heating) mode so it's not completely broken - probably the controller board - I'm still investigating. I've never replaced even the igniter or any other component. Very reliable unit - I'd buy another Amana GUX-X without hesitation.

Date created: 2011-10-17 Name: LL
Location: longmont co

"The first two years were fine"
The first two years for Amana Air Command 80 were fine after that, there has been a service call every year.