Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Read more about WEIL-MCLAIN boilers

• AHE (1 review)

Date created: 2011-05-18 Name: Often Cold
Location: PA

"Unreliable, Expensive and Poorly Supported"
We've had an Ultra 230 for 4 winters for we have never had a winter without problems. Multiple broken starters, compromised fire chamber gaskets, gas exhaust escaping into the house, fire hazard...on and on. There's always another excuse from wm about why it was the installer's fault (Which is extremely ironic becasue I've had their area reps & techs look at the system and i)even they didn't know how the system is supposed to be installed, ii) they don't actually know how to work it). They also claim they don't have problems like ours on their units. So supposedly "we are the first." But I scanned prior reviews here and I can see they clearly have them quite often. So its been our hard won experience that the system dies in the middle of the winter, when its below freezeing. Then their parts are not available when needed and their support is ridiculously slow or non-existant. I've seen my boiler guy wait for hours on the phone to get technical support. John Q. Homeowner can't even talk to their tech's so you'd better have a very patient boiler guy. I've been days without heat while we wait for some part to come from michigan factory. So thats all terrible right. To add insult to injury, the system costs just as much to run as the 30 year old system it replaced. Sorry for the rant. Thank you Furnacecompare for creating a site where owners can learn from each other and avoid purchasing mistakes. Bottom line. I bought WM's system based on their brand thinking they make good products and stand behind them. They don't. They sold me a piece of junk at top of the line prices. Its become clear to me that I will need to rip it out and start over. BTW-- Take a look at the preceeding 2 reviews...they are ridiculously obvious plants. Weil McLain..why don't you try improving your rating the old fashioned way. By improving your products..... rather than creating fake reviews.

Date created: 2011-05-04 Location: Chicago, IL

"Best Boiler ever used in Home"
I have been using this boiler for more than one year. I like this boiler pretty much other than the old boilers that i do have. Nothing much to dislike about the boiler and everything is pretty much good about this boiler. I do have a problem with the plumber after placing the boiler because there is little room for the boiler to fit and then the work from the boiler company is pretty much awesome because they reacted in no time and cleared my problem as soon as they can. yes, i will recommend the same boiler to my friends, in fact i had already done that to couple of my friends.

Date created: 2011-03-09 Name: C.Wilson
Location: Susquehanna PA

"Ignition ,Burner Primary Control"
The wgo/wtgo Series Burner Primary Control buttons have to be replaced every 2/3 yrs. @ $250.00 High maintence

Date created: 2011-02-25 Name: R. Vrhovc
Location: Rockaway, NJ

"Direct vent oil burner"
Our boiler is about 5 years old. It's in the garage and vented directly to the exterior of the house. We've had trouble since day 1 with the burner cutting out, especially in real cold weather. i got some weil Mclain engineer on the horn and he sent some "patch" kit that consisted of one valve and a little blanket to put inside to pick up condensation. That didn't work either. The boiler is a piece of junk.

Date created: 2011-02-24 Name: Paul

"Runs like crap"
Have boiler contractor put the right nozzle in larger nozzles will make boiler run like shit

Date created: 2011-02-14 Name: Bob Cirafice
Location: Massachusetts

"Weil mclean Explosion ONLY 3 YRS. OLD"
Wtgo series 3 oil fired good but loud for 1 yr then nothing but problems after it is now 3 years old and had an explosion and blow back and it blew apart the vent pipes and soot went throughout the house and service tech replaced fuel pump and motor on burner he had me introduce air which I did then said I need more air which I put in a fan in a can still runs like crap the cost of repairs now are more than a wholesale cost of boiler. stay away from these boilers !!!!

Date created: 2011-02-12 Name: Brian S.
Location: Southern New Hampshire

"Great furnace"
Have had a Weil-Mcclain wgo Gold oil fired furnace for 8 years now. No problems whatsoever. Minimal, easy maintenance, quiet, highly efficient.

Date created: 2011-02-07 Name: E. Courtney
Location: trixie.tara@gmail.com

"home owner"
Williamson unit works like a champ. It has been in for three yrs and I have NO problems

Date created: 2011-01-30 Name: B.Loring
Location: Concord, MA area

"no weekend tech support!!!!"
My 2 year old boiler (Ultra 155) is refusing to work. So far, 15 man- hours by the plumber who installed it. He can't get a call back from Weil- McLain tech support, and expects not to reach anyone til Monday. (I think it died Thursday night, I discovered the problem Friday night). Manufacturers - do NOT install a computer control if you can't supply 24/7 tech support to the contractors. This is inexcusable. Thank G*d they don't make life support systems.

Date created: 2011-01-08 Name: ken B
Location: New London, NH

"Constant repair and is inefficient"
I will never do business with the heating contractor that sold and installed the Weil-Mclain cgi-6 boiler. It breaks down, has constant smells due to propane leaks and is inefficient. After five years I have to look for a new heating system that will get me through the winter without servicemen having to continuously traipse through my home.