Consumer Reviews of Triangle Tube boilers

Read more about Triangle Tube boilers

Date created: 2012-12-06 Name: Bad Triangle Tube
Location: WI

"Horrible"
Very unreliable and error codes at least once every 1-2 months (sensor errors).

Date created: 2012-11-28 Name: Margaret snyder

"Do Not Buy"
Boiler was installed in 2010 and we have had nothing but problems with it. Several service calls and nobody can fix, tech support at Triangle Tube was rude and of no help. Seriously wish I had seen all of these reviews before purchasing such an expensive unit

Date created: 2012-10-28 Name: B Blanton
Location: Denville p, NJ

"No problems"
We've had our Triangle Tube since hurricane Irene took out our boiler in 2011. Now we have Hurricane Sandy approaching and the boiler is off the ground so no flooding this time! Our installer was great. Came back a few weeks after installed to tweak it but since then it's been running flawlessly. I am a little worried about what will happen when the power goes out, but I'm confident it will fire back up.

Date created: 2012-10-07 Name: Jessica Oski
Location: Burlington, VT

"DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT"
Only buy this product if you want to burn money instead of fossil fuel. We had spent almost as much as the purchase and installation (9000) on service and parts since we purchased the product - 5 years ago. so infuriating.

Date created: 2012-09-23 Name: arnie procyshen
Location: thunder bay ontario.

"You better give your head a shake before you buy a Triangle Tube Prestige"
I have had my Prestige Triangle Tube for almost 5 years. I bring in a trained tec every 3 months to get this thing working. Good thing I have forced air as a back up. there has been no saving but you can save yourself a headache by not getting one.

Date created: 2012-09-04 Name: J Beaudin
Location: Michigan

"Sales Rep for Distributor"
I've sold boilers over 25 years and seen the oldest 80% and less efficiency to the newest 98% efficiency, anybody that has a problem with whatever line boiler you have had put in. You need to have a strong contractor that has schooling on that brand he sells. Then the dealer needs a strong relationship with his distributor and then with the manufacture. If you hire the right dealer you will be satisfied even with a problem . Price doesn't make a good dealer because if he's the cheapest he doesn't have the time for training, the right tools , the relationship with the distributor, or the manufacture. Any problems I've had were taking care by the dealer threw the distributor threw the manufacture.

Date created: 2012-09-02 Name: LeEric Marvin
Location: Anchorage AK

"System environment adversely effected boiler"
I installed a TriAngle Tube Prestige Solo 110 in Aug 2010. It replaced a 1967 boiler and my gas consumption halved. I absolutely love it! Under the old boiler system, the garage pipes ran outside the house and to keep from freezing (Anchorage AK here) the Taco Valve was in manual open/on position and boiler pump configured to allow it to be on/running 24/7. Thermostat in the garage simply turned on/off a fan, on a always hot radiator. With the new system, I rerouted the pipes inside to the garage and because there was no wiring from garage thermostat to boiler room, I left the Taco Valve in ON/OPEN position for a year until I finally got around to wiring it in. That is when I started having problems. When I configured the Zone Valve from manual ON to auto, when any thermostat sent the ON command, my boiler would come on and within 30 seconds go into hard lock out code with over temp errors. After couple months of frustration and multiple efforts to resolve I finally hit on the problem. Turns out that the Zone controls were wired wrong (worked under the old system OK). When the Thermostat gave ON command, the boiler kicked on immediately. But it takes a minute or two for the valves to open, thus with no water circulating due to the closed valves, it over heats and locked out. As long as I had the one zone in on/open position, the other valves didn't need to be immediately open when boiler was kicked on, as the water would circulate out the permanently opened zone. But when that zone was set to auto, then the issues appeared. When I got the valves all wired up right, the Thermostats effected the valves first, and when the valves open, their switches in turn trigger on the boiler. It took couple months due to the randomness of when it would lock out. Sometimes over and over, others week at time with no issue. It just required a perfect alignment of all valves to being off at same time and no demand on side arm water heater tank, when a demand for heat was made. Lesson learned: Make sure the environment outside your boiler is right, ie, plumbing and wiring controls correctly designed and installed. I share this, hoping others in similar situation may benefit. Posted 1 September 2012

Date created: 2012-06-25 Name: Lance
Location: Santa Cruz, California

"You need an installer other than" Joe the plumber""
I've been installing boilers for over twenty years and I installed my first Triangle Tube about 6 years ago and I haven't looked back! Get a experienced installer and choose Triangle Tube.

Date created: 2011-12-30 Name: G. Schulze
Location: Ironwood, MI

"VERY DISSATISFIED"
I have to agree with all those people who are not satisfied with the boiler. I have had mine since last January and the contractor, technicians and sales people still cannot figure what is wrong with it. How do I go about getting rid of it and getting my money back? So disgusted I can't even measure it. Anyone who has ditched theirs and gotten a refund let me know. I can't afford another $8,000 for a furnace. Thanks for any feedback on getting rid of it and getting my money back. genschulze@yahoo.com

Date created: 2011-12-21 Name: Derek F
Location: Nova Scotia Canada

"Best Gas Boiler on the Market"
Ok I see alot of bad reviews here on these boilers I am a gas fitter for 10 years and I have put in well over 200 Triangle Tubes and plus every other make and model out there I don't sell or make money off of any boiler myself. I am a installer/ service tech for my company and Triangle Tube is the best boiler on the market for service. I love them and would never talk them down and the only problems I see are other techs installing and servicing them and not knowing what they are doing and blame it on the boilers when its not. These are the most reliable boiler on the market if you are having a problem with your Triangle Tube and can't get it fixed by your service tech call someone else. He doesn't know what he is doing. This is no joke -- these are real good boilers. I have installed everything under the sun and if you don't believe me here is my email if its that bad and your service tech cant fix it I may be able to help out some what derekfraser@hotmail.ca.