Consumer Reviews of Triangle Tube boilers

Read more about Triangle Tube boilers

Date created: 2014-01-31 Name: Richard Parzoch
Location: Ellenville, NY

"Failed in less than 2 years + bad service"
I am very disappointed with the prestige excellence water boiler and the service. The boiler failed after less than 2 years of operation. I traced the problem to the gas valve rectifier coil. This part is not in stock anywhere and my customer is without heat for the last 4 days with outside temperatures in single digits F. I checked with Pex supply and Boston Heating and none of them had the part available. I ordered the part from Boston Supply last Friday and was told that the part would be here today. After calling them they couldn't tell me where the part is and offered to cancel the order. The customer is still without heat..

Date created: 2014-01-24 Name: mike
Location: MI.

"Frequency and other problems"
To all with the generator issue, this system is computer controlled unit. It needs to operate at 60hz +- 1%. you need a very good generator to maintain that! Don't blame the boiler. As for all the other problems people are having I'll bet 99% of it is from lack of knowledge by the installer. I had many of the same problems that other reviews referred to, hard shut down, no domestic hot water, system running cold, etc. I got into the program and got with the manufacture and they helped me through it. That solved most of the problems but there were still some hard shutdowns. I had to re-plumb a lot of the plumbing, again installer did not have a clue what he was doing. If it wasn't for my abilities to be able to fix just about anything, I to would be very disgusted with this unit. If the manufacture curtailed the dealer, distributors better, I believe they would have no problems.

Date created: 2014-01-16 Name: sheet metal artist
Location: Fort Collins CO

"Boiler design and set up is critical"
This is not a boiler that you can just hang on the wall and put power to. This is a precision piece of equipment that requires precision combustion analysis equipment to set it up properly. I've installed about ten in the last two years, new install and retro-fit applications and the only problem I've encountered was a propane set up issue with having to tune it slightly outside of the manufacturers specifications. That issue was remedied with help from the factory. No big deal. The natural gas installations have all been flawless. My advice, find a contractor that understands the water side of design as well as providing proper load calculations on the home. As with installation of furnaces, boilers, water heaters, or any appliance, the most important aspect of the equipment is proper install and set up. Any monkey can install something, but only a pro can make it truly a positive buying experience.

Date created: 2014-01-04 Name: J. Armstrong
Location: Mineville NY

"Terrible customer relations"
I too am always having error code 02 since it was brand new. At least 15 times a year it codes out for absolutely no reason. Thankfully I know what to jiggle to get it going again. My complaint that really bothers me is that they will supply their product to online sellers but will not back up their warranty if you buy this way. Seems they want their cake and eat it too. If they let them sell them they should back them. Look on their main page and they have this disclaimer now but they did not when I got it. I have talked with their customer service several years ago and they gave suggestions then but now I am not welcome o use it. They sell their products to authorized dealers that don't have service departments (Aird Dorrance). They will sell you the parts you need but no techs. This makes no sense. They also had a class action law suit filed against them, I wonder why. I have to say when it works it works nicely and is super clean compared to my old oil burner. I am now retired and would like to spend my winters down south but I am married to the north country because I cannot trust this furnace to stay running.

Date created: 2014-01-03 Name: Brian Petrak
Location: Gaylord, MI

"Does not perform"
Had the combination boiler installed in June 2011 in a 1200 square foot a year round vacation home. If the outside temp drops below 20 degrees the unit is not able to heat the home to 70 degree. My previous standalone boiler would heat the home comfortablly at minus -10 F. Personally, I think the unit is only designed for a very small home or for a house in a warmer climate.

Date created: 2013-12-20 Name: paul burke
Location: easton, pa

"cc 105 triangle tube challenger"
Crappy; but better; after approx 12 visits from installer, it actually stayed stable for 12 months; time will tell, but this product has produced expected function for 12 months; much less than its past!

Date created: 2013-11-27 Name: Ray
Location: New York State

"One Year - No Problems"
Prestige Solo 175 running on propane with two zones hydronic air and DHW was installed in November 2012. No issues or complaints. The day it hit one year, the clock reached 1000 hours ch and 275 hours DHW. Still too early to draw conclusions about how the efficiency compares to the oil burners it replaced. I'm fully satisfied and have no regrets. I only wish it had a usable interface for capturing performance stats. The hours meter is not especially useful since it doesn't tell you how much time was spent at the various firing rates. One of these days, I might experiment with the modbus interface.

Date created: 2013-10-20 Name: Marty Kleiber
Location: Milwaukee, WI

"Igniter Problems"
We had our oil boiler replaced in 2006 with the one recommended to us by the installer: Prestige Solo. The good: big energy savings since the swap. The bad: Have had to replace the igniter twice last year. First try in the fall leads to hard "E-02" lockout - 5 tries without start. The ugly: the cost of replacing the igniter is chewing up our energy savings! I recommend that you Google this unit online before making your decision.

Date created: 2013-10-17 Name: P. Wallen
Location: Bellinghan, MA

"Don't Know Yet?"
To "Sprost" who wrote his review on June 27, 2013. We looked at the Triangle Tube to replace 3 boilers, but were told the Navien CH-210 would be a better choice??---We are still waiting for the unit (Triangle). If we had someone like you who knows what they are doing, we might have better luck. Do you want a job?

Date created: 2013-10-04 Name: K.Lindsay
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Nothing But Problems"
Installed this propane boiler for hot water and the in floor radiant heating in our new home (2008), and right from the first winter I have had nothing but problems with lock out after lock out. After 3 years, the main electronic board had to be replaced. $1,100.00, I have to hit the reset button every other day because of a lockout. Now, the boiler shuts down on low water pressure so I have to add water to the system to clear the lockout. I have to call a tech again. Not very happy!!!!