Consumer Reviews of Triangle Tube boilers

Read more about Triangle Tube boilers

Date created: 2014-06-03 Name: N. Rino
Location: Trenton, NJ

"Triangle Tube Prestige Boiler"
I had a Triangle Tube Boiler installed last winter and it has performed well. No issues and saving money on my heating bills.

Date created: 2014-05-23 Name: Tim smith
Location: Seattle

"Re problems all having"
In general these boilers are quite reliable, the eo2 errors can be attributed to a poorly grounded circuit, no annual maintenance and or sometimes one of the earlier version solo boilers had a weak ignition transformer in the mcba control. This sometimes is covered under warranty but must be verified by qualified mechanic and only covers part. This is discretionary by Triangle. The blower failures are a lot of the time caused by flue gas recirculating to combustion air pipe. Vent termination is critical to follow instructions. Sometimes we have seen blower failure just due to premature failure but not very often. All people with issues really need to find a local company who is well versed in service and install of high efficiency boilers. Make sure if they are not sure what they see is going on, they (service tech) need to call triangle tech support to go through proper testing and diagnosis of issue. Hope this helps some of you. Cheers

Date created: 2014-05-23 Name: Ripped off homeowner
Location: New York

"Beware of Triangle Tube"
Beware of Triangle Tube products. Their warranty is a scam. I had a Smart Tank, it started leaking after less than 5 years. The plumbing wholesaler/supplier wants to charge me $100 to handle the warranty. Triangles warranty states that claims will be handled at no added cost to the consumer. But Triangle will only process warranty claims through the wholesaler and they wash their hands of the matter. The companies try to coerce the plumber to "hide" the warranty fee into his labor cost to replace the unit. We are complaining to the State Attorney Generals office and the Federal Trade Commission about their fraudulent business practices. DO NOT BUY TRIANGLE PRODUCTS, OR IF YOU DO EXPECT THERE TO BE NO WARRANTY.

Date created: 2014-05-17 Name: J. Bruno
Location: Upstate NY

"Finicky, Unreliable, Expensive"
I had this unit installed in 2009 upon the recommendation of a plumbing contractor. It has proven to be extremely finicky and unreliable. The unit shuts down, displaying an error code for "Failing to ignite." The troubleshooting guide is useless for the layman. Each time this occurs (which is several times during the year), a service technician must be called in to fix the problem. The costs add up, thus negating any savings made from the unit's efficiency. Steer clear of this company. Do NOT purchase this unit.

Date created: 2014-05-05 Name: Todd Weber
Location: Long Valley, NJ

"Homeowners Attention"
I am a plumber in Northern NJ and have installed several hundred of these personally! These are one of the best products on the market, not to say they don't have a problem here and there. If you are buying one don't buy it online because you don't know how it was handled before it got to you, these are not meant to be dropped or kicked by ups drivers! Ask questions of your installer, ask your installer if he has been to school by Triangle Tube and does he recertify himself every two years? If he doesn't don't use him! I have been to class with guys from across the country. This is not a do it yourself type of project. Don't knock the product when you should be knocking your installer! I have problems with less than 5% of units I install.

Date created: 2014-04-11 Name: C. Comeau

"These things are killing me"
To start off with, I am a licensed plumbing and heating contractor. I have installed over 30 Triangle Tube boilers. People are saying installer error is most of the problem. Here's my experience. Had three bad Tanks in the prestige. 1. Bad weld from nipple to tank 2. Pinhole in tank? 3. Cracked nipple going into tank. (split on seam) Power switch on new trimax faulty. boiler just shut off Brand new. Bad domestic water Temp sensor Bad weld on internal circulator flange E2 errors on 4 Trimax boilers countless unpaid service calls. Ended up changing boards (fixed) Never mind all the times these locked out and I had to go reset because customers have no clue. I don't know if they got the challengers sorted out. Installed 3 challengers. all locked out on failure to ignite or fan speed issues. Change fans they said. Changed all fans still locking out. Rep came out and reprogrammed the computer. Two of three all set. Again after several Service calls unpaid I changed the whole computer out and so far so good. I worry that at any moment I am going to get a call from a customer. " My heats out again" "I want a new boiler" "I got a lemon" I want my customers to be happy. They are not and neither am I.

Date created: 2014-04-04 Name: Paul Speitel
Location: Lancaster, Pa

"Triangle Tube- Pestige Very reliable boiler"
I love the Triangle Tube Prestige Excellence boiler because of It's efficiency and ease of programing. Boiler has worked exactly the way my installer said it would. I'm so glad I bought this boiler. The savings & comfort have been great .

Date created: 2014-02-22 Name: Jesse
Location: West Bend, WI

"Absolutely Junk - Do not waste your money on this unit"
I have a Prestige 110 and it worked great for the first nine months, then came winter. Many times I woke to a cold house and e-02 errors. Resetting it got it working again each time. Then out goes the blower which no one in the area had. $500 later and it was running again. Winter number two and the hot water return sensor went out, there went another $200, this was followed by the the displace panel failure and another $250 two months later! Winter three and another blower motor failure and several days without heat while waiting on one of yeah and $500. This unit has been junk, Triangle Tube representative are rude when you call them and will not deal with individual owners, only certified installers. I will never purchase anything they make again and would recommend you do not either! This unit is going into the trash this spring and being replaced with a Buderus unit.

Date created: 2014-02-05 Name: Thomas
Location: Anchorage, Alaska

"$13000 Worth of junk"
I have had this boiler less than three years and my costs for repairs and service are $2000!! I have had weather at minus 10 and house would not heat past 68 degrees. I was told by installers that perhaps I should purchase some electric heaters to take up the slack. The Motherboard just went out and cost $900. I can not own this money pit..God...what have I gotten into and how do I get out of this???

Date created: 2014-01-31 Name: Richard Parzoch
Location: Ellenville, NY

"Failed in less than 2 years + bad service"
I am very disappointed with the prestige excellence water boiler and the service. The boiler failed after less than 2 years of operation. I traced the problem to the gas valve rectifier coil. This part is not in stock anywhere and my customer is without heat for the last 4 days with outside temperatures in single digits F. I checked with Pex supply and Boston Heating and none of them had the part available. I ordered the part from Boston Supply last Friday and was told that the part would be here today. After calling them they couldn't tell me where the part is and offered to cancel the order. The customer is still without heat..