Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of PEERLESS boilers

Read more about PEERLESS boilers

Date created: 2011-04-29 Location: lake charles, louisiana

"Peerless Boiler"
I recently purchased a Peerless boiler for my home. I am satisfied with this because of the energy savings that it provides. I can take the savings from my energy bill and put it into my savings account. This boiler is an energy star boiler which means they are energy efficient. This boiler comes with a great warranty and is very well built and will last 10 years or better. This boiler also has a built in float switch which provides a safety feature. This switch will kill the power to the boiler if it backs up and will not flood your home or business. When I build my next home I will install the same brand. I have also recommended this brand to many friends from the great experiences that I have had with it. I have had one friend that has recently installed one and has no regrets about it and is also spreading the word about this particular brand.

Date created: 2011-03-09 Name: Wayne Garafola
Location: Newfoundland, PA

"Peerless Crap installed in 2002"
PI-80, Serial #: 80LPJ0110078 installed Oct2002 by Lic Plumber. Each year F-09, F-01 errors when the weather is cold. Yearly service by Lic. plumber did nothing but add to the repair costs. Need to return blower that was recalled 2yrs after installation - never notified by manufacturer even though they had our warranty information, spent another $1000 on P125 upgrade control board, O2 sensor. Another day, another F-09 fault code. A good laywer should be taking all these names from this review site and going after Peerless for 'Fraud' in their product. Would not recommend this product after spending so much time, money and not knowing if one is coming home to a heated house or not.

Date created: 2011-01-26 Name: j. castonguay
Location: marlboro, MA

"poor quality product"
my landlady,(aunt) had 2 brand new boilers installed in 2007. supposed to be maintenance free..(she is 86 years old).. problems since the first heating season.. installed incorrectly,tankless coil replaced twice within the first 2 years..(her boiler). installer told how to correctly install plumbing. lost heat in second boiler's heating zone in one radiator all season.. after paying $14K for both boilers, she has spent another $200.00 for a service call, another $2K in repair and now the other tankless coil is rotted and leaking.. ( $ 875.00). both boilers need to be checked every day. one needs water added every few days, the other overfills and need to be emptied every 4 days or so...(they were supposed to be self feeding).. never worked right. takes nearly an hour to get heat to the last radiator on the line.. it is supposed to be instant... or quick anyway... nothing but problems.. and money, money, money... poor quality product and no one able to fix them properly...i would stay away from peerless products...

Date created: 2011-01-25 Name: MJS
Location: Bristol, Ct.

"Don't feel so bad now!!!"
Well, now I don't feel do bad; after reading some of these other reviews... I just spent $550. on my Peerless furnace - $309. of that was for a new blower motor. The motor was the orignal motor from when the furnace was installed after the house was built in 1966. I purchased the house in 2005.

Date created: 2011-01-22 Name: Leo Namiot
Location: Torrington, CT

"JUNK!"
I build my house in 2005 and though Peerless was the "best built" all I have has is problems, I am glad to see that I'mnot the only one with F 09 code coming up every few hours here in the winter. good thing I am home tonight because it's 8 degrees out and all of a sudden it felt like 60 in here, sure enough COLD AIR blasting out of my vents, go to the mechanical room and you guessed it "F09" JUNK what a waste of money! Lats year I had this problem a few times then the blower went to the tune of $680.00 to replace. JUNK!!!!

Date created: 2010-12-11 Name: bill sipple
Location: fargo nd

"pi 140"
after 3 years boiler failed had very little support from reps the heat exchanger is designed to fail

Date created: 2010-12-07 Name: M Matthews
Location: Sidney, Ne

"f-09 code"
Have had this boiler for just over 2 years. Since last may 2010 has not worked properly. Has F-09 error codee that flashes and the furnace shuts off. Have to reset this 2-3 times a day and we cannot leave home in the winter for more than a day or 2 or pipes will freeze. Installer does not seem to be able to fix this. Company seems clueless. Now may have to replace a 2 year old furnace, which I cannot really afford.

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: steve hegel
Location: phelps ny

"service manager"
i read all these bad reviews and the one thing that stands out is that most people have had inexperienced untrained hvac companies do the work.i have sold and installed many peerless boilers and have had no issues other than routine maintenance. people are looking for the cheapest quote least expensive option!!!!!!!!!!! you got what you paid for so quit complaining.

Date created: 2010-11-18 Name: robert ervin
Location: omaha,ne

"rust"
had a series mi/mih installed one year ago and my boiler has rust everywhere,my water heater next to it is 10 years old no rust,does peerless cover this and do you make your product to rust

Date created: 2010-11-04 Name: G. Bliss
Location: Paramus, NJ

"pinacle"
Have had to replace inducer fan on unit 4 years old part was not available at any local suppliers (north NJ)and cost in excess of $700. + labor