Consumer Reviews of LENNOX boilers

Read more about LENNOX boilers

Date created: 2012-02-05 Name: A. Belteu
Location: Yorba Linda, CA

"HM30 system works great - when installed correctly"
The Complete Heat system is a combination Boiler (water heater) furnace and hvac. Mine works great after 13 years, but the original contractor installed it incorrectly and the city inspector caught none of the mistakes. I had to fix the installation, not the system itself. Lennox does not support this system anymore, probably because the sold few and had lots of complaints. The boiler is still available from the oem supplier. Lennox contracted for the boiler from a European company that still makes this high-performance boiler, but with a different external look. Other parts are available on eBay. Based on what I saw with the contractor and inspector, the concept was just too new to them, they had poor or no training, and they did not read instructions. This year I have seen several new units this year from various brands that use the same concept as this one. Maybe the concept's time has finally come.

Date created: 2011-11-17 Location: Trenton, New Jersey

"Do NOT recommend--"
This furnace barely works. By that I mean, it feels like I don't even have one. The house is always cold. And what is very sad is that I only need the heating for 3-4 months of the year. And during those months, this boiler does not do it's job. The heat exchanger lasted less than 2 years before it developed a leak. I paid over $2,000 for replacement of the heat exchanger and many other parts. Now the unit is backfiring and short cycling. I called for customer service, but the local company rep just ignores my emails. Another problem is that I just cannot manage to reach humans at the company Customer Relations number. This company just sells terrible products, with even worse customer service. They're boilers can't even be called boilers, and they charge way too much to fix their garbage. If you want a boiler that actually works, I recommend that you do not buy this one, or any other Lennox boiler. I would not recommend this to a friend, and if I could go back in time to stop myself from buying this boiler, I would do it in a heart beat.

Date created: 2011-04-02 Location: Wallingford, CT (home was built in Cheshire, CT)

"Need A Gas-Fired Boiler For Your Home? Dave Lennox Is The Way To Go!"
When my former husband and I built our home ten years ago, and the builder we used recommended that we choose a Dave Lennox Signature. It cost slightly more than the standard Lennox models, but it was worthwhile, we were told, because of the performance rating and the fact that it is an EnergyStar. We lived in an area where utilities can be expensive, and EnergyStar ratings are important to us. The most notable feature about these boilers, from a layperson's perspective, is how quiet they are. They are virtually silent as they fire up. They are excellent as far as power consumption. Where we live, we have harsh winters and unpredictable temperatures, and the Dave Lennox maintains a very consistent temperature, regardless of what is going on outside. Esthetically, the unit is compact when compared to other boilers, and it was designed to have a thin profile so as not to take up excessive space. The house was sold last year, and one of the selling points was that we had a Dave Lennox installed. The company offers a 15 year warranty on the heat exchanger and a 10 year warranty on other parts, and so far, neither has been needed. If I build another home, I will definitely specify the Dave Lennox Signature.

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: mr. freezing

"garbage"
Spent over $7,000 for new boiler in 2000. Every year LBA heating and cooling came to repair. Over the last 10 years spent nearly $3,500 to repair. Now no heat again and told cannot be repaired. LBA will replace for another $5,000. Bull, replace it free they know it is garbage.

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: R. Leslie
Location: Los Osos, CA

"Complet Heat"
Since my home was completed in 2001 and I had a Complete Heat with air handler installed it has been nothing but problems. They tried over the phone to blame the installers but when they inspected it called it a text book installation. My 3rd unity since last Oct 2009 is leaking right now. Niether Polaris or Lennox are making things right. I have asked for a 90% furnace and a tankless water heater. Hopefully someone will come through. Lennox in Ontario California never returns calls. Been trying for 3 years. Finally called Texas and at least they answer the phone.

Date created: 2010-10-31 Name: j kenney
Location: white lake, MI

"mm30-150"
this is the worst furnace on the market,it has been replaced 3 times since 2000 cost me a fortune every winter that is when it goes out, broke down now they dont stand by thier product would not recomend it to anyone

Date created: 2010-02-28 Name: W. Croker

"CompleteHeat - No Heat"
I have just replaced my Lennox Complete Heat hm30 Boiler after 8 years of endless problems. It leaked from its second year, but I was told that the replacement unit being offered was worse, so better to stay with the original. Lennox's approach to the situation has convinced me never to buy another Lennox product. I now have an nti boiler - fantstic, quiet, instant, and uses less gas for more heat!

Date created: 2009-12-09 Name: Ed and Alice Gereau

"Lennox CWB-4 Boiler"
Three different opinions on what is wrong. Rollover switch installed in October and supposedly that was the problem and ran for a week. Then it stopped and a circuit board was the problem (not true). Then another 3 or 4 days and not working again. So now they say it is sooted up and would take 2 men and 2 days work to take the chambers to the car wash to clean them out. These sounds really weird. How big could the chambers be, that it would take that long to do that? Also a quote of $1,000.00 was given to do the job, which seems very unreal. So, we do not know if anybody knows anything about this unit we purchased in 2003 and expecting it to perform like our American Standard we had before for 30 plus years with only minor problems. We are very dissatisfied with this Lennox gwb-4 Boiler. We do luckily have a wood stove to keep us warm, but we are very displeased with this unit and the service.

Date created: 2009-12-01 Name: T. Hartz

"Lennox HM61"
Absolutely the biggest pos out there. 6 years in the house and has never worked more than 6 months(EVER) Constant problems with gas pressure switch, Service rep comes out and charges me $335 to replace switch. I finally have had it !! I decided to try and solve problem myself, personally knowing the techs that have installed and worked on it I figure if these guys are called experts than I will consider myself a genius. I locate the switch under unit and remove it (cheap plastic $65 dollar part) less than 5 minutes to remove and reinstall =$335 ?? I will never own a Lennox product again and will certainly not refer anyone to their junk. As I look around for a replacement a scary concern surfaces - It doesn't appear that anyone makes a quality unit anymore. Like most things these days they are engineered to be defective, you can't make any money on something that doesn't break down. They just don't make things like they use too including reputations. I installed a weil McClain Ultra in machine shed and after 1 year its still going but seroiusly though it has only run a total of 4-5 months and about 500 gallon of propane, happy so far but after reading reviews I'm nervous. It would appear that there is a hell of a demand out there for someone to make a solid unit.

Date created: 2009-10-08 Name: C Carlson

"Lennox furnace GWB9-100"
There claim to saving 30% in gas cost is faults! We've had nothing but problems with our boiler, which was installed almost 8 years ago. Every year (but 1 year) we've had to replace parts. This year we decided to have it cleaned and service (prevent any problems during the winter months) and found major issues....so the boiler is down again...for 9 days so far. No idea when it will be fixed. Will never buy a Lennox again!!!