Consumer Reviews of DUNKIRK boilers

Read more about DUNKIRK boilers

Date created: 2011-02-05 Name: RON SUCHARSKI
Location: MANCHESTER, MI

"NEVER AGAIN"
WE HAVE A DUNKIRK MODEL Q90-100 FROM DAY ONE WE HAVE HAD PROBLEMS NOTHING MAJOR UNTILL THIS YEAR THE HEAT EXCHAGER STARTED TO LEAK IT WAS COVERED UNDER WARRANTY WE HAD TO PAY LABOR COST AND SERVICE COST NOW THEINDUCED DRAFT BLOWER BEARINGS ARE GOING OUT HAVE A TWO REQUEST INTO DUNKIRK FOR A PARTS AND COST LIST WANT TO REPLACE ON MY OWN PAYING TOO MUCH FOR SERVICE CALLS AND LABOR FEES

Date created: 2011-01-27 Name: michael
Location: MA

"Absolute Crap....should be a class action against the manufacturer"
I've had this unit installed about 8 years ago during a home renovation. The gas unit came highly recommended by the plumber. Who said it was the top of the line gas unit. Since then we have had the unit replaced 3 times due to a cracked tank (in the process of going on our 4 unit replacement), and every year if the unit doesn't outright break there is some other problem with it. There is something seriously wrong with this unit and this company. In order to get the manufacture to replace the unit we have to deal with the initial plumber who installed it. Who has told us repeatedly not to bother him about the unit because he's gotten sick of dealing with it. We still end up have to pay him for the service install every time though. It's out right criminal of the manufacturer to put out a product with such a blatant design flaw. There seriously should be a class action against them.

Date created: 2011-01-24 Name: ELISA
Location: BRONX, NY

"BROKEN AGAIN"
OKAY, SO I ASSUMED SOMETHING WOULD BREAK AGAIN AND IT DID. NOW I HAVE TO SPEND $798 TO REPLACE THE AQUASTAT RELAY. THIS PAST SUMMER MY MOM HAD A WHOLE NEW BOILER WITH INSTALLATION PUT IN AT $5,000. IF ONE MORE THING BREAKS ON THIS PIECE OF CRAP DUNKIRK BOILER, I AM GOING TO REPLACE THE WHOLE THING. IT DOESN'T PAY TO KEEP SHELLING OUT $500 HER AND $700 THERE. I MAY JUST HAVE TO REPLACE THE WHOLE UNIT. WHAT A WASTE! I HAVE VERY, VERY ANGRY.

Date created: 2011-01-17 Name: ELISA
Location: BRONX, NY

"NOT SO GOOD"
I WAS ENTITLED TO A NEW BOILER FROM CON EDISON 4 YEARS AGO AND THEY GAVE ME A DUNKIRK. TWO YEARS AGO, I HAD NO HEAT BECAUSE OF A CONTROL PANEL PROBLEM AND LAST NIGHT I HAD NO HEAT BECAUSE OF SOME AQUASTAT PROBLEM. I SPENT $6,000 TO HAVE THIS PIECE OF CRAP INSTALLED. I WONDER WHAT WILL BREAK NEXT.

Date created: 2011-01-10 Name: Dan K
Location: Westchester County (NY)

"3rd new unit in 4 years"
I installed a new Dunkirk Q90-200 boiler in September 2006 under a ConEd oil-to-gas conversion program and as part of a major home renovation. We have now had to change our boiler twice (in Sept 2008 and Nov 2010) when the aluminum block leaked. We have also had to change the igniter twice (in Oct 2007 and Dec 2008). To repeat, in four years we have had to replace our boiler twice and the igniter three times. While Dunkirk has replaced the units under warranty, I have spent $6000 on labor (and always used a Dunkirk referred plumbing company to do the installation, repair, and warranty work).

Date created: 2010-12-31 Name: E. Allen
Location: Cle Elum, Washington

"Q90-100 needs constant repair"
We are on our third heat exchanger for our Q90-100. Dunkirk service rep told me they had a series of faulty aluminum castings, but have resolved the problem. Dunkirk eventually replaced the first two heat exchangers, but they made it very difficult. I had to ship the failed units back to them for their inspection, and pay for all the labor. They told me they will not replace this one when it fails. It's time to cut my losses, I'll look to a different brand before spending any more money on this one.

Date created: 2010-12-12 Name: santiago
Location: Brooklyn NY

"owner"
I need troublesshooting page for my boiler, I have to reset many time becouse no comeback to start itselfe , and I check the thermostat, pilot,valves and no come on what can I do?

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: ujeen thomsinar

"never stops stopping"
Hmmm... I'm trying to ponder weather this is an overall general dunkirk problem or just the one I have. it has a tankless coil on the side, and is oil fired. the burner, (brand new from Beckett,) locks out TOO frequently. the relay has also tripped, causing smoke and an orange glow. this happens three times every two months. it's really weird. maybe my house IS haunted after all. don't listen to me though, it may just be my boiler.

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: pete

"pg"
every year we fix it, boards, sensors, igniters. had it three years. any savings for efficiency lost to repairs. now heat exchanger is cracked hoping for warranty and it will not run with pressure lines hooked up but will with them off. limping along like that until we find out about warranty.

Date created: 2010-11-02 Name: GORDON FREEMAN
Location: MA

"95M-200"
DUNKIRK WORST GARBAGE I HAVE EVER HAD INSTALLED IN MY LIFE EVEN WORSE IS THE CUSTOMER SERVICE WHICH CANNOT GET PARTS FOR DAYS.95M-200 BY FAR THE BIGGEST MISTAKE IN ALL MY YEARS OF BUILDING COMMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY.