Consumer Reviews of BURNHAM boilers

Read more about BURNHAM boilers

Date created: 2011-12-08 Name: PJ
Location: Providence, RI

"NOISY!!!!!"
We have a brand new Burnham boiler mst 396. It is horribly noisy!!!! I am sorry we purchased it. It is costing us close to $5,000 (after the rebates) and I cannot yet assess its efficiency or how much money it might save us on oil (hopefully it will), but it has made our living room extremely unpleasant. The burn is grindy and loud. It is a good two to three times louder than our previous boiler which was bout 25 years old. The oil company (Petro) has come out to adjust it and improved it a bit, but the living room is still very unpleasant. I don't like spending that kind of money only to make one of my rooms difficult to enjoy. Now we will need to spend extra money to try to sound proof the ceiling in the basement, but I don't even know if that will help. beware!!! Don't get this equipment if noise is going to bother you.

Date created: 2011-11-17 Location: Boston, MA

"The Best Boiler in the Market"
I purchased this boiler just over a month ago and now I don't know how I ever lived without it. There are many things that I like about it. It works very quickly and I never find myself waiting for it to work. It is also extremely efficient, I have lowed my utility bill a great deal since installing this boiler. With my old boiler, I was spending a fortune running it and maintaining it. My favorite feature is that it has an excellent ability to condense which gives it maximum efficiency. The main thing that I did not like about this boiler was having to pay for it, it is relatively expensive but it is well worth the money and it will end up paying for itself in the long run. Also it was not simple to install. I would recommend this to a friend but I would also suggest that they all a professional to install it. I would buy this product again but I am expecting that it will last long enough that I won't have to.

Date created: 2011-11-17 Location: Sunland Park, NM

"The best, most hardworking, Burnham Boiler i have ever had in my life"
I have owned my boiler for about 5 years now. What I really like about it is that it really keeps my home warm. This past winter was particularly cold, and while we were in our house, we didn't feel a thing! Really, the greatest boiler I have ever bought. The only complain I have about it is that I have had to get it repaired about twice now. It needed to be repaired because some of the hoses broke. This happened in my first year of owning it, and in the third. I will definitely buy another Burnham boiler once this one has run its course, and I've already recommended it to basically everyone I know.

Date created: 2011-11-17 Location: River Rouge, MI

"Review of My Home Boiler"
I have newly purchased a home with a boiler. I have always had homes with a furnace so this was a new experience for my husband and I. In the beginning, I was afraid of the overheating issue that could arise from it. But after the HVAC guy came to inspect it and instructed me on how to use it I felt better. I love the fact that my heating bill went down dramatically! I dislike the fact that I have to continuously check the water level. I did and still do need a repair on the water feeder. The prior HVAC guy did not wire it properly so it overfills all the time. I would recommend purchasing a boiler of any brand because the heating lasts longer. It may take longer to heat the home but it lasts a lot longer and doesn't require constant gas to reheat.

Date created: 2011-10-23 Name: pacheco
Location: Brockton ma

"DO NOT BUY"
I have a 10 year old Burnham KV84 unit that has a leak in the coil and have to replace the whole unit not very reliable now. After talking with my oil company they told me that from 2000-2005 85% of the Burnham out in peoples houses, they are seeing the same problem.

Date created: 2011-10-08 Name: RCold
Location: Michigan

"These reviews don't show MODEL, etc"
I am trying to buy a Burnham es25 but they are not shipping due to a "production problem." While waiting I'm looking at other brands/models. In looking at the reviews on this site they are almost useless since they (almost) never seem to indicate the model, specs like how big is the home, etc.

Date created: 2011-09-23 Name: Dave
Location: Harrison, Maine

"Burnham MPO oil boiler"
Installed a new heating system with one of their water heaters about 3 years ago. Just had it serviced and the technician was very impressed with it. He said it was the only American made high efficiency oil boiler made. Anyway very happy with it.

Date created: 2011-09-21 Name: George Koval Owner Koval Plumbing & Heating Inc.
Location: Tyngsboro, MA

"Professional Installer"
We have been installing Burnham boilers for twenty years and we have not had to replace any that we installed. I presently own 2 Burnham boilers an rv5 and its been installed for 10 years and a 205 installed for 15 years with a little maintenance. They will run for ever mechanical things do fail and that is why you need to maintain them, a small leak will allow fresh water into the system more frequently causing air to enter the system and allowing oxidation to occur shortening the life of the boiler, also water quality and ph are critical to some of the Aluminium boilers and should be checked regularly.

Date created: 2011-09-16 Name: Dan Abu
Location: Andover, MA

"Rusted out in 13 years"
I've never had a boiler fail like this so early in its lifetime. Service technician said these boilers PV75SBPT have been failing very early, but Burnham is not taking responsibility. Burnham told me it could be the water or any one of a number of other things, but it is not an issue with their boilers. Needless to say I am unhappy that I am replacing a boiler after 13 years.

Date created: 2011-09-01 Name: Jim
Location: Auburn,Mass

"3 Boilers 11 years"
I replaced a 65 year old converted coal to oil furnace in 2000. It worked fine but was inefficient. I replaced it in 1999 with a Burnham series 7. It only lasted until 2006 and I had a cracked block. They replaced it and I had to pay 1500.00 for shipping and labor. Now I just found out my 2006 series 8 is also cracked. There is no corosian, just a large crack in the cast iron. They blame everything from salt in the roads to my oil service didn't repair it correctly. To my surprise, the warranty doesn't apply to 2006, it goes back to 1999. So, conviniently Burnham will not honor the 2006 replacement. I am in the process of dealing with the company. Next, into the attorney general, bbb and any Consumer Affairs reporter in Massachusetts.