Consumer Reviews of BURNHAM boilers

Read more about BURNHAM boilers

Date created: 2013-01-12 Name: Leanne Cashman
Location: Enola PA

" Faulty boilers"
We built our house in 1991 and we now have to install our 3rd boiler!Our first boiler cracked in 2001 They gave us a credit of $800.00 My husband and father, who is a union pipefitter, installed the furnace. Now the second boiler is leaking, and we will have to replace this one. The most shameful part of this is that Burnham is still selling these boilers without redesigning them to remedy the problem! After reading the other reviews it seems to be the same issue, why can`t they figure this out? It seems they just don`t care.

Date created: 2012-12-31 Name: Jim Roberts
Location: Farmingville NY

"Leak in Cast Iron Block"
Purchased a Burnham v-74 in 1997 it now has a leak in the block. Burnham will send me a new block for $1,213.00 or a $675.00 rebate if I buy a new v-8. I will never recommend a Burnham so shop for another brand.

Date created: 2012-11-27 Name: K.Taylor
Location: Catskills, NY

"Replacement"
My Burnham Boiler cracked at 9 years and 9 months old and started leaking water all over my basement. I called the installer who put it in when I built the house and he told me it had a 10 year warranty but I would have to pay for the installation of the new system. Burnham honored my warranty and gave me a brand new system. I just had to pay for the removal and installation of the new system. That was 5 years ago and never a problem since. I paid $400.00 for the removal and install.

Date created: 2012-11-26 Name: Victor Verdejo
Location: Brooklyn, NY

"Burnham kV84 Cracked cast iron blocks"
Petro Oil Co. Installed a Burnham kv84 Boiler on 07/14/2004. On Thursday Nov. 22, 2012 there was no heat or Hot water in the house. Immediately called Petro, Technician discovered cracks in 3 of 4 blocks of the Cast Iron Assy. There was a lot of water inside the Boiler. The technician told me the Boiler needs to be replaced. This Boiler last only 8 years. The original Boiler that I had was over 35 years old and it was working. The reason that was replaced was because Petro Co. told me that The Burnham kv84 was more efficient. big lie

Date created: 2012-10-19 Name: LS
Location: CAPE MAY, NJ

"RSA11OLN"
We have had this heater for about 14 years, we service it every other year and it's been great, no problems.

Date created: 2012-10-18 Name: Al Renert
Location: Lindenhurst , New York

"Qualified Plumbing Inc"
I installed an ALP150 gas boiler which has the same problems as the previous review. I spoke to technical support and they told me the boiler has to be set up with special equipment to eliminate this fog horn condition. As the previous review said, they tried everything to eliminate this noise to no avail. I've installed many boiler and never had this problem.

Date created: 2012-09-14 Name: J Waters
Location: Milton, VT

"Cracked boilers"
I had a Burnham boiler installed in 1998. In 2003 the boiler was found to be cracked, and had to be replaced. It was under warranty, but still cost me $800. This year the replacement boiler was found to be cracked, and the unit was condemned as unsalvageable. This is not a make that I would recommend to anyone.

Date created: 2012-07-17 Name: Ed Hurley
Location: Boston, MA

"Feel good"
I'm wondering how many people on here actually tried to talk to Burnham or just listened to what a contractor told them. We moved into our house 3 years ago, and our steam oil boiler failed a year ago when it was 10 years of age, there was no warranty because they are to original owners. Anyway I spoke to them and they gave me consumer goodwill and provided a replacement boiler for $500, not bad for something that they did not have to do. This mega steam boiler reduced my oil bill last year by over 30%. So anyway...I Feel good they treated us okay. People should ask and ask nicely and I think they would be surprised in the response.

Date created: 2012-03-08 Name: R. Khalid
Location: Dearborn Heights, MI

"Burnham Worked For 31 Years!!"
I have to say goodbye to an old friend this week. My Burnham boiler finally sprang a leak and gave out after 31 years. Yes - I have had to replace the pump twice and the flame sensor a few times. But seriously folks 31 years of service on a unit that's guaranteed for 20 years. That's amazing!!!

Date created: 2012-02-28 Name: First Time Homeowner
Location: Connecticut

"Very Disappointed"
My wife and I purchased our first home at the end of December last year. Included with the house was an immaculate and well serviced Burnham v73 boiler. In the beginning of February the unit began leaking water from a seam in the block. Now, at the end of February, the leak has progressed. I am struggling to keep my basement dry and my home from freezing until I come up with the money for a replacement boiler. Other than that, this boiler works great! Thanks Burnham!