Consumer Reviews of BURNHAM boilers

Read more about BURNHAM boilers

Date created: 2009-12-21 Name: Bob & Joanne

"BURNHAM BOILERS are the WORST"
I have just had Petro in regarding a leak coming from Boiler. We bought the heating system through them and had them maintain the system all along. After three service calls, they finally removed the side panel and discovered the leak's coming through the cast iron block and say they have never seen that before. Wow! The reviews I am reading about the Burnham v7 and Petro are unbelievable. I am through with Petro and would be happy to join a class action suit against both Burnham and Petro.

Date created: 2009-12-08 Name: Dan Socha

"Burnham boiler"
I had a boiler installed in March 2001. It's now November 2009 and sure enough one of the sections was leaking. I should have read these reports earlier. And the "limited warranty"? Biggest joke on paper. They'll replace the section, however, you have to have it installed at a significant cost. Even the distributor had his hands in your pocket. They want $100 just to process the warranty. What a joke! It's junk yard time.

Date created: 2009-11-29 Name: Bob King

"Oil Tech"
Just to let you people out their as a small contractor I can`t afford to install a Burnham Boiler. I have a good repore with my customers and when a product goes bad I try to make it right,but cant with leaky bad casting from burnham I recomend Weil Mclain or if a side arm heater Viesman is a excellent choice or basi. I have been in business for 25 years. Now when I have a problem with Burnham I just give them the factory reps number

Date created: 2009-11-25 Name: J. Janda

"Declared Obsolete"
Xg2000a installed new in 1990. a few minor failed parts, no leaks. Now the VizLogic board has failed. None in stock. Burnham has declared the unit obsolete. Now, for want of a $100 part I need to buy a new boiler for thousands. Twenty years is a long time, but I can still buy parts for my 20 year old lawn mower, fridge, dishwasher and car. For me, Burnham has just declared themselves obsolete. Never again.

Date created: 2009-11-20 Name: Cheryl

"Burnham Boiler"
Like many this is my third time replacing my system, and all I have to do is pay $3,200 for installation. The last time I had a Burnham installed it was only $800 back in 2005. I don't think I should have to pay for it , but try and get ahold of someone at Burnham you CAN't, may be they will listen if a laywer and the Better Business Bureau get involved

Date created: 2009-11-18 Name: JW

"Hoping for the best"
I had my oil company install the unit back in Nov of 2004. They have serviced regularly every November since. Last week I was told that at some point the unit leaked internally and that they are contacting Burnham to have the unit replaced. Not sure what will happen here but I'm not very optomistic based what I've read on this site....Keep you posted!

Date created: 2009-11-13 Name: Rudi & Yvette Swol

"BURNHAM boiler"
Found water on floor and after calling service it is a cracked boiler. Had replaced it 11 years ago just to get one more efficient, old boiler was over 40 years old and working fine. I should never have made the change. Now after reading all the complaints from others about Burnham I will be looking into getting a different brand or changing my oil and service company if need be. I have yet to hear if they will make any kind of adjustment on a new system.

Date created: 2009-11-11 Name: MasterBlaster

"Very unsettling"
Too be honest I'm more worried about the units I put in freinds house'S. When I built my house as a side job to finish my house I put several Burnham units in. Mine went as well as my cousins (just replaced two weeks ago) and one of the ones I put in went.They were 1996 V-7's and as with all of the ones I've seen they crack by the water coil and the lifting "ears". I can tell you the replacement units are noticably heavier. I was told years back (when I did mine) that the castings were to thin so different expansion rates just fatigued the castings and they would crack. Sad really you have some here trying to talk up Burnham while the most of us have been down the long expensive road. I think Weil Mcclain and Peerless are going to be my installs for now on.Sad I had a reverance for Burnham for so many years it really bothers me how they have fallen. I am insulted that another post talks of the made in usa label....who cares garbage is garbage!When I was a kid we laughed at Made in Japan! NObodys laughing today!!We have to make with pride but also design like the engineers of old!!!(Note 6 years posted here was years of service first unit lasted: replacement in service since 2002 from removal of defective unit originaly installed in 1996.

Date created: 2009-11-06 Name: dean

"Journeyman plumber"
I have installed Burnham boilers for 39 years and have only had (1)that had a problem. I average 15 boilers a season. That means I have over 550 boilers out there with my name on them. No problems. Burnham is a top of the line product in my book and I never hesitate to offer Burnham to my customers.

Date created: 2009-11-04 Name: P. Hatch

"Another PV7 Boiler leaking everywhere!!!!"
Just had my pv7 Burnham Boiler replaced. I put it in new in 1997. It was leaking a little, and during the night let loose. My finished basement including drywall is soaked. There is not way Burnham does not know they sold a defective product. This is half the life a boiler should last and Burnham should be ashamed of themselves. If anyone knows of a class action suit, sign me up! I would never buyer Burnham again.