Consumer Reviews of BUDERUS boilers

Read more about BUDERUS boilers

Date created: 2009-12-27 Name: A Jenkins

"Denver"
We had this put in as recommended by our heating company. We have had nothing but aggravation. The system generates some kind of black sludge in the traps that must be cleaned out or it stops working. We had 2 pumps go out this month. One for $300 and the other for $800. This is only a 3 1/2 year old unit. We also haven't seen any real difference in the heating bill.

Date created: 2009-12-26 Name: LC

"Bad investment"
I've had this Buderus boiler for about a year. This has been a real bad investment. Two puff backs causing thousands of dollars of smoke damage to my house. Clogs on a regular basis. Technicians think they know all, but apparently not enough. Great sales job, real poor product.

Date created: 2009-12-15 Name: Buderus Customer

"Buderus Boiler"
Same story as many others. I was sold on the idea that a Buderus boiler was the best that the industry could offer. I replaced Aquastat twice, replaced electronic ignition once and replaced the ignition pilot assembly three times. Service calls totaling in excess of $2000.00. The ignition pilot situation is a product safety issue in my opinion. Vibrations from the boiler tend to back out the nut securing the fuel supply to the ignitor. I tried on several occassions to get help from their technical support in New Hampshire. No response and no help. I will never buy another Buderus product.

Date created: 2009-12-09 Name: Jack

"Buderus/Riello Heating System"
Buderus is a boiler manufacturer and does not supply the oil (gas) burner. Your service tech is the one that chooses what equipment that mates to this boiler. Most of the negative reviews are referring to the oil burner. I replaced a 50-year old American Standard with a Buderus 3 section mated to a Riello (Italian manufacturer)oil burner in November 2007. This small footprint unit sits on top of a Buderus 30 gallon indirect water tank with the Logamatic controls. I am saving greater than 40% in fuel costs.

Date created: 2009-11-10 Name: gus

"Oil fired buderus"
Installed direct vent buderus with carlin burner in 2004, never a single problem.

Date created: 2009-10-09 Name: Chuck

"Buderus 115"
I had what people told me was the best system out there. The boiler constantly gets clogged with thick, goowey, black, tar looking stuff when it gets cold out. I've had several people look at it. One guy told me that's it's the cold air intake that's causing the clogging. About once a week the boiler stops firing. I have to clean the boiler out and then it will run. Only happens in the cold of winter though. Seems to run fine in the summer. I guess I need to move to warmer climate to write a good review.

Date created: 2009-04-16 Name: BUDERUS

"Owner"
At first we had a problem with boiler noise and soot. I called a small local company that was trained at Buderus in nh. Now the boiler is silent, burning clean and saving us lots of money in oil. The technition said most people don't let the boiler work long enough to set the draft properly. He also found the oil pressure settting was never adjusted. Just because a company installs something does not mean the know what they are dooing. Always hire factory trained companies with factory trained staff.

Date created: 2009-03-30 Name: BUDERUS

"Buderus boiler owner and installer"
I have been installing Buderus boilers for nearly 10 years now and have found that one of the most dependable boilers on the market is Buderus. I put one in my house almost 3 years ago and haven't had any problems. The only time I have ever had a problem was when I sized a boiler to the blueprints provided to me by the contractor, then after installing it, they decided to put in cheaper insulation, windows, and failed to put in a vapor barrier. Subsequently, the boiler is now undersized, so the house won't go above 68 degrees on the coldest days. I have encountered other problems that customers have had that were due to improper installation and burner set-up, but I was able to remedy the problems by adjusting or replacing burner/venting controls/components.

Date created: 2009-03-02 Name: C. Schoenmaker
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Buderus Wall mount Boiler"
Very expensive to put in and was told it was the best around. After two winters the fan motor burned out. Cost - $1000.00 to replace not including the labour. I would never purchase another one since they don't stand behind their product.

Date created: 2009-02-07 Name: johnson
Location: New York

"Buderus"
Great boiler>Had it installed 2 year ago. No problems and we use less fuel.A Thing to remember is must problems are due from poor installations not the boiler.