Consumer Reviews of BUDERUS boilers

Read more about BUDERUS boilers

Date created: 2010-08-02 Name: Larry F.

"115"
Installed most of the system myself. Have a 42 gallon storage tank. Runs beautifully. Only used 200 gallons for heat and hot water. 8 room house. The computer is a delight. Controls everything. Keeps track of the hours run. Has summer and winter programs and can set it for different heating patterns. Have had it over 3 years. No problems.

Date created: 2010-06-22 Name: Ami Loomis

"loomisgang"
Heat exchanger went at 3 months. After 2 years, replaced the ignitor switch and valve as valve was leaking. Now, the dhw heats to over 190 and whistles very loud until I manually turn it down to 110. A huge waste of 11,000.00.

Date created: 2010-06-10 Name: A.M. Leonido

"Buderus"
Buderus 115 with side tank for hot water and logamatic controls. In a word, fantastic! Excellent performance, plenty of hot water, very frugal with fuel oil consumption. Great heat output. Burned a full 1/3 to 1/2 less oil than previous burner! I was even more surprised how little oil it used when I flipped the burner into summer mode! Only 50 gallons of fuel oil for 6 months of hot water. (April, May, June, July, August, October) I thought I needed a full tank, what a pleasant surprise! Wish I put it in sooner.

Date created: 2010-06-05 Name: John60

"Love it"
I replaced our heat and hot water with Buderus units two years ago. The guy who put it in stressed how important it was to be trained in Buderus, how many weeks of classes he'd been to, and to never, never let anyone without the training touch the unit. I love it. The heat is much more comfortable. The unit makes the water only as hot as necessary. On a chilly day, the radiators may heat to 90 deg F. On cold days, maybe to 105. (I'm totally guessing) The difference it makes to match the radiator heat to the actual coldness of the day is impossible to explain. My oil consumption dropped about 30-35%. I'm saving 300 plus gallons a year. Last year, a little over a thousand and the price of oil creeps up. The unit cost about 9000 so payback will probably be seven years. I have a feeling that if I study the manual and customize my settings I can save more but the manual is quite technical. Wish they wrote a Buderus for Dummys. Hot water production is not as fast as my old unit. When my kids run out the hot water (30 minute steaming hot showers), it takes about 20 minutes to get back to temp. It's easy to check. Boiler temp, water temp, outside air temp are all constantly monitored. I have a 40 gallon tank. Neither my wife nor I have ever run out of hot water. I've learned that oil tanks have to be cleaned out every few years. It costs a few hundred and 20 gallons of oil but it really reduces the burner problems over time. As tanks accumulate sludge, they send more cr*p down the line, poor flame, smoky operation, shutdowns, and poor economy. Tanks and filters, keep 'em clean. My experience, if you have a Buderus put in by someone who knows how, it's cheaper and more comfortable heat. The unit hiccupped once. It shut off and it took some time with the instruction manual to start it up. Most of the controls are covered by a flip up panel which took me 15 minutes to figure out. Then it took about 5 more minutes. The incident happened when the unit was about a month old, but has never recurred. Our electricity can flicker here, shuts off computers, digital stuff, I think that caused it.

Date created: 2010-05-13 Name: J. Meintzer

"Buderus"
Buderus boilers are good units. However, as a contractor, I can tell you that the boilers are built extremely tight which creates issues with sooting if the unit is not set up properly. Dirty air environments(pet hair, dryer vent, etc.) and oil sludge do not help. In my opinion, any g100 models are good but the g215-7's are very loud and have constant issues. In some cases, a muffler is needed to diminish the sound and rumble. I would not recommend any oil boiler without a riello burner and an outdoor reset control system.

Date created: 2010-05-09 Name: Steven Newman

"Buderus, the way to go."
I can't find enough good things to say about the Buderus system. We had it installed after the older (10 year old Weil/McClane) system gave up. After five years, this system has saved us a considerable amount of money on heating oil. If you are patient, because the system seems a little confusing at first, you will definitely be rewarded ($$).

Date created: 2010-03-26 Name: Sue Utecht

"Buderus boiler"
This was the biggest mistake we have ever made at a cost of nearly $7000.00 for a boiler. After six service calls for various parts being replaced in the past eight months, we are now being told the unit must have a yearly maintenance program. We were never told that when we purchased the hot water unit. In fact, we were told the unit is maintenace free. We have been without hot water nine times in the past two months and they do not stand behind their product. Very disgusted!!!

Date created: 2010-02-26 Name: Edward

"The best of the best"
Had a new g115ws4 installed for $3000.00 w/ Riello f5. Runs like as well as a Finley tuned race machine. Every one that talks crap about it must not have it set up right. Fire your service man asap! Parts are cheap! Bad service is not! Good service is worth every penny!

Date created: 2010-02-15 Name: Syracuse

"service tech"
For people with Buderus boilers: most of your problems start with your oil tank. Do not blame Buderus. The HVAC company who installed your boiler should install new oil filter and another smaller oil filter next to the burner. This is top of the line boiler. Problem is oil tanks and poor installation(poor service tech)and there is a lot of service techs. They don't know how to setup and adjust combustion.

Date created: 2010-01-03 Name: Susan Grasso

"BUDERUS residental"
This Buderus boiler is only 5 years old and has had nothing but problems with air in the lines and service calls since we have owned it.