Consumer Reviews of BUDERUS boilers

Read more about BUDERUS boilers

Date created: 2011-11-21 Name: drew
Location: uk

"No heating"
Got hot water but no heating , three times this week had repair man out says it should work , still no heating. I've bought fan heaters now.

Date created: 2011-10-27 Name: J. ANTAL
Location: SUSCON ,PA

"Buderus LT water heater [ JUNK ]"
If anyone is considering buying a buderus (G234X-55) "don't". Nothing but very expensive headaches. I will not recommend or even think about buying any buderus product again. Please, don't even consider buying this product !!!!

Date created: 2011-10-09 Name: B Nesheim

"Worthless unit.... JUNK"
This is my second review and our replacement unit Buderus G124X-25DI is just as worthless. It was installed 3 months ago and this evening water was pouring out of the heat exchanger. We have spent $4400.00 on the first repair and now it is leaking again. I'm going to junk the entire unit and replace with another system.

Date created: 2011-09-17 Name: Weber Plumbing
Location: Long Valley, NJ

"Improper installs"
I am a licensed plumbing and heating contractor in Northern New Jersey and I have also been reading some of these reviews. I have been installing Buderus Boilers for a while as well and they are by far the best product on the market. Most of the problem people on this site have been reporting are installation/maintenance problems. I would also be willing to say 95% of these problems are from poor installers. When you look for a company to work on your product from Buderus the person coming to your door should have a id card on him saying he is certified not his company saying they are certified. I bet I could fix most of your problems for well under what you guys are saying. Maybe people on this site should be writing the review on the installer and not the product. If you want it fixed I am sure the guy from New York or myself will be willing to come out. I know Buderus will send people from Germany if you have real problem.

Date created: 2011-08-20 Name: FRANK LEDWITH
Location: MARION MA

"WASTE OF 10K"
I have Buderus 2 years old and never went more than 4 weeks without waking up to 55 degrees. By the time the installer felt it was the "brain" the parts house wouldn't warranty it. Spent over 1k and still have the same problem. We can't even plan a winter vacation till this is solved.

Date created: 2011-07-15 Name: Matt H.
Location: Gorham, ME

"Buderus G115"
I am very surprised by the number of poor reviews of the Buduerus boilers. Being a heating tech myself and working on many different types of boilers, you will not find a better boiler. Almost every poor review I have read points to a lack of experience by the service tech installing or servicing the equipment. When you buy any boiler you need to ask questions, like: "How many do you have in the field?", "Do you carry replacement parts on your trucks?" When setup correctly, these units run quietly and efficiently. Find better techs.

Date created: 2011-05-12 Location: Londonderry NH

"Boiler Discription and Information"
Effective cleaning system,Specially Designed Slop/Spent Wash handling System,system Designed for maximum heat Recovery System,Single Drum Design, Natural Circulation, Bottom Supported Design,Adequate residence time for Complete Combustion,2 Stage/3Stage Superheater with inter-stage Spray Attemperator,Separate Fired Superheater to achieve high degree of superheat.

Date created: 2011-05-10 Name: DNovak
Location: Little Falls, New York

"Buderus 115WS, Total install (My Labor) $4300.00. No failures all winter."
Installed a Buderus 115WS boiler and indirect water heater myself. This boiler replaced a 53 year old Weil McClain boiler that used 1 gallon a hour. Due to the efficiency of the Buderus, I was able to reduce the tip size to .75 GPH. With the old boiler I was getting a oil delivery once a month (Avg 75 gallons).I still have a 1/4 a tank of fuel after 6 months of operation in upstate NY. I had no failures all winter. I'm just going to clean the boiler, replace the oil filters, and continue to save money.Total cost $4300.00

Date created: 2011-04-14 Name: mgrady
Location: Bristol, CT

"New boiler"
Just had my Buderus boiler g115/4 installed the other day 4/12/11. Had that with a Tekmar 260 outdoor reset installed with my Amotrol indirect hot water with no problems other than a bad Tekmar relay that had to be replaced. Was a little nervous with complaints listed hre but not a problem on my install. Had a Riello burner with it. Would definitly reccommend

Date created: 2011-04-02 Location: Valley Stream, NY

"Time to Buy a New Boiler After Cold Shower"
After my last boiler unit failed about a month ago, I've been forced to shower with cold water. So a week ago I finally had the presence of mind to go out and purchase a replacement unit. After researching Home Depot's website, I came across a wonderful Buderus unit at a great price including free shipping. This particular boiler also carries a Energy Star endorsement which means big annual savings on utility bills. So after a day it was professionally installed in place of the existing unit. Right away I can tell this unit apart from being handsome is also very efficient. I seem to never run out of hot water even after long showers and this is one of my favorite features of this boiler. As far as repair or replacement, it is premature to determine that. However based on reviews of this particular model, maintenance is seems non-existent as it is well constructed and always reliable. In conclusion, I would definitely recommend this product to anyone in the market for a new furnace.