Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: Brady Marshul
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario

"Aire One heating & cooling Toronto"
I am very happy with Aire One. They have done a terrific job installing and caring for my York YPC90. I can see why they have 9 locations! I will definitely continue my business with Aire One!

Date created: 2011-01-04 Name: Andy
Location: New York

"Tech point of view"
I was refrigeration mechanic for about 10 years .Last year I join AC company.Worked on most existing commercial brands of AC,s.York is my favorite brand.Perfect design, accessibility ,durability. Outside refrigerant ports access ,separate electrical panel aloud you to work on unit with out disconnecting it ,simple control components ,inexpensive small parts .Units I worked on were 15 to 25 years old .Wherever I head problems ,they were cause by poor maintenance ,but i have 100% repairs done at first call .I can,t say that about Carrier or Train .All (all brands) AC units MADE IN USA are good units if they are installed properly and maintain accordingly.Unfortunately GLOBALIZATION forced ALL the companies to cut costs of production and after 2001 all went south .I can not wait when I can work again on good American Maid AC,s and parts.And YORK will still be my # 1 .

Date created: 2010-11-17 Name: John S
Location: Ellington, Connecticut

"AY024MA322A"
Installed in October 2007 as part of an entire new ducted system for heat and a/c when we started it in August 2008 it ran but did not produce cool air and the origional installer checked it for r-22 which was at zero, he has spent every summer checking for leaks and refilling it. The Retailer (an Hvac distributer) that he purchased it from will only replace the affected part compressor coil or compressor (we cannot figure that out) We can both hear a high pitched sound and have even submerged it in water @ 350 psi.Please dont assume the line set or the inside coil as they were separated 2 weeks ago and charged with and still maintaining 350 psi . I AM VERY UNHAPPY WITH THE YORK AND WILL BE UNTIL SOMEONE TAKES RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT. PS the model is AY024MA322A and it has a DELPHI coil

Date created: 2010-11-16 Name: ng jit leong
Location: penang malaysia

"WD012A-AXAA"
very happy with the above unit. can you tell me what is the cooling capacity for the same unit.

Date created: 2010-10-23 Name: Mary T
Location: Malaysia

"timer blinking."
the air conditioner is blowing hot air, the timer is blinking, we already monitor the capacitor (good), sensor changed, PC board also changed, compressor run, copper piping in good condition, current amp is Normal, gas PSI 70 (normal)

Date created: 2010-09-03 Name: Jim
Location: Northwes indiana.

"Blue ac coil defetive"
York has a problem with the blue coil ac coils they leak. York never informed consumers about the problem so consumers are putting freon in only to leak out. Also York will pay for the labor and coil but the consumer is unaware of this and have to pay for it twice like me. I tried to get a refund but Yorks customer service is terriable. Please file a complaint with the Better business Breau and the Federal Trade Commision (FTC) if you had problems to and pass it on. This sounds like a class action lawsuit to me.

Date created: 2010-08-14 Name: robert mcculloch
Location: Troy,IL.

"cooling air conditioner"
15 years old.motor locked up causing the compresser to get hot creating oil to leak out.

Date created: 2010-07-29 Name: Tony Barrows
Location: South Florida

"Stay away!!!!!"
My parents, who are over eighty years old and live in South Florida, bought a York unit less than two years ago. It has had to be serviced for leaks two times. It finally needed a new coil and was under warranty. But it has taken over two weeks and the coil has not arrived. Eighty years old and no ac in August in Florida, you decide if they are York fans. York makes shoddy equipment and then they don't support it. Stay away as if was the plague.

Date created: 2010-07-26 Name: Michell Froggett

"Great"
I will have to say that over the last 10 years, products of all kinds are not what they used to be. The appliances etc. that I have bought in the last 5-7 years have been pretty sorry, I think this is because the parts that make up the product are made in different countries, regardless of the product being assembled in the USA. I have had my York for 14 years and will have to say it's done an excellent job! I am however, replacing the blower motor as we speak, but that to me is just normal wear. I don't think it's the unit itself. I think it's all the foreign parts that are put into these units now.

Date created: 2010-07-25 Name: Coachman

"Blast the York AC"
Unit was installed Friday July 23 and stopped cooling on July 24. Has an annoying ringing noise coming out of the unit. I wish we had a 24 hour clause to back out and invest in an ac unit that works!