Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-06-24 Name: S, Brouwer

"Love it"
We have had our unit since the summer of 1988. It has done a superb job....as of yet no problems at all.It handles our 2200 sq/ft/ house with ease. It has outlived one furnace. Installed in a location that takes little sun .

Date created: 2009-06-23 Name: T Murphy

"York AC units are lemons"
We are now into our second repair--even with parts under warranty, the ac technicians charge $700+ for labor.

Date created: 2009-06-18 Name: Laura Smith

"I will not buy York ever again"
It is a peice of junk. Will never buy York again. Have had problems with both the central air and furnace.

Date created: 2009-06-08 Name: Craig B

"Great Unit"
Never ever a problem a1 in my book

Date created: 2009-06-03 Name: P

"Typical"
Condensers typically last about 10 years and my York just barely made it. York's are typical builder grade junk.

Date created: 2009-05-21 Name: R. Bourne

"York Air Condition is the Worst"
I will never buy a York Central Air Conditioning Unit again. I have a York Condensing unit for my central air condition and it has broken down every single year that I had owned it. This unit is only 3 years old!! It must be very bad quality. I sometimes wonder if installing bad quality equipment is done intentional so that money can be made off of the customers with the repeated service calls. Everytime, it breaks they tell me to get an extended warranty. I have had air conditioning units in the past that can last +10 years without a single problem.

Date created: 2008-10-10 Name: Linda Call
Location: Pam Springs, CA

"York Split System"
We purchased a York Furnace and condensing unit in October 2007 (it was installed in May 2008) after we remodeled our home. The furnace is so noisey and the fan keeps running after the ac is off and sounds like an airplane stalling in the air. We purchased a 90% efficiency model furnace and a 15 seer 5 ton condensing unit and our electric bill is over $450 per month!!

Date created: 2008-09-12 Name: McCaffrey
Location: Naples, FL

"Noise"
We purchased a York air conditioner in Naples, FL in April of this year (2008) thru Conditioned Air. They have been here three times for the noise. It's just awful especially at night. It sounds like an unbalanced washer. Just sick and we are retired - don't know what to do.

Date created: 2008-09-11 Name: Steve
Location: Montgomery County, PA

"21 seasons and counting"
Just made it through our 21st season with a York compressor. Routine tune ups every couple of summers and no problems. Some other posts complain about the unit being loud, and I would agree with that. My unit is about 20' from my back patio so when it runs, you know itís running. However with the house closed up its hardly noticeable inside. Was just getting ideas about replacing the unit because I've heard the units have a life expectancy of 15 years and I know this one is a huge energy hog (like all appliances from the 80s). I plan on getting another York system when this one does go, but I can't say it owes me anything.

Date created: 2008-08-08 Name: Linda Marshall
Location: Arnold, MD

"York Central Air Conditioner"
I just had a York lx 13 seer outside air conditioning unit installed. It is way too loud. A/C is supposed to help you relax, but I can't stand the sound of it. I can hear it everywhere on my property. I can hear it inside my house in the basement on the opposite side of the house. It is nerve racking and I am stressed about this all the time. This unit was a waste of my hard earned money. I do not recommend this to anyone. Don't buy this!