Consumer Reviews of York central air conditioners

Read more about York central air conditioners

Date created: 2010-06-15 Name: Dave Cantrell

"Owner"
I bought a York system when I built my new home. The company that installed it (Budget Heating) did an outstanding job. I was going with Trane but after talking with my neighbors about the company and with the company itself, I have got to say it was one of my best building decisions ever.

Date created: 2010-06-14 Name: Brian M.

"York junk"
I've been in a new house now for four years and have had to have the refrigerant replaced more than a few times, as it continues to leak out. After multiple attempts, my service guys found the leak in the "coil box". The part is still under warranty but labor apparently isn't covered. Then someone at work informs me they have a York air unit around the same age and have had this part replaced 5 times already! Sounds like a recall to me.

Date created: 2010-06-03 Name: A. Cusumano

"Garbage/Breach of Warranty"
A York was installed during new construction of home, 2 condensor failures in 5 years...at a cost of $650. Per replacement for "labor and shipping" is a joke of warranty process! Two other homes had other brands, NEVER failed! York is Pork!

Date created: 2010-05-30 Name: D. Raju

"York Compressor breaks"
I bought a house with 1 yr old York installation. The owner did not tell me that he had 5 yrs on a/c and 10 on furnace from Four Seasons heating & cooling in Chicago Il. Cooling stopped due to bad compressor. Four season will not fix it due to non-complaint yearly services which we were not aware. This whole industry is bad. I had 3 different opinions telling me different solutions. I have to call York and beg them to replace the compressor. What a shame!

Date created: 2010-05-27 Name: Greg Zomberg

"AIR COND"
The coils went bad and had to be replaced. At first, I was told that the part was covered and I would have to pay for the labor. I was bothered by that fact so I called York and was told there was a problem with the coils and they would cover the labor. I think they should check these coils that have problems or contact the owners by mail or phone. If I had not called, I would have paid the labor.

Date created: 2010-05-22 Name: Steve Englund

"I'll make it easy for you"
Do not buy a York! It is a money pit.

Date created: 2010-05-14 Name: Chad

"coleman /york defective"
I have had 4 evaporators replaced and still leaking since May 09. Factory says they don't have a problem. AC company says they have hundreds leaking.

Date created: 2010-05-13 Name: R. C. Biss

"York central air conditioner"
I have two York central air conditioner units zoned. The first blue fin coil leaked the first year in one unit and the second unit leaked in year two. As published on the internet, York has issued a recall and will pay for labor up to 4 hours. The units are junk, and after reading all these reviews I believe I will have problems with units as long as I'm unfortunate to own them. The customer service at York are probably tried of hearing about these units. Problems are extremely rude and not the lease bit interested in giving any information. Why did York not send out recall information to customers?

Date created: 2010-03-29 Name: Josh Smith
Location: NW

"AC036x1021A"
I've had problems with my unit every year I've owned it. I service the unit annually, but usually have an additional service call as well. It is like trying to keep an old car running just well enough to get you home. It has been like this since the first year I have had it. Our cooler weather in the NW makes it bearable to put up with its unreliability but it still makes me angry. I have a 12 year old unit for my house (a different brand) and I have never had a single problem. Don't buy York.

Date created: 2010-03-15 Name: F. Edwards

"Name means nothing"
This is a York. The unit started having problems cooling within a few weeks. The original company kept putting freon in it. They went bankrupt. The new company has also put freon in with correcting the problem. I am being told that York will supply a new condenser but I will have to pay for the labor. Since the problem occurred so soon after installation, I should not have to pay for the labor under these circumstances if the York brand has any credibility. All I want is the unit to work as promised and nothing else. However, repeated loss of freon from a defect not being corrected may constitute willful venting covered under Federal and State law and I am wondering if a defective unit was knowingly installed and might be considered consumer fraud.