Consumer Reviews of WEATHERKING central air conditioners

Read more about WEATHERKING central air conditioners

Date created: 2009-08-03 Name: S. Barron

"Review Weatherking"
In February 2004 I purchased a Weatherking a/C. It's a 1.5 ton, 10 seer unit. (10 seer was okay 5 years ago). Last year the ac Condenser Fan Motor was leaking oil & was replaced under warranty. I have it serviced & cleaned every summer. Itís been perfect & I have no complaints.

Date created: 2009-07-07 Name: J.SMITH

"contractor"
I put a 3 ton unit in my brothers house in 2002, replacing a 13 year old condenser that saw its better days, I haven't had a single problem or repair from day 1. This was a change, I changed the filter dryer on the high side, pressure tested for leaks with nitrogen, put a good vacuum on the line set, weigh charged the freon, got my super heat with in range, checked the amp draw,pressures, temp across the in door coil, all with in the ranges, as specified, walla, no problems.I guess I was lucky.

Date created: 2009-06-25 Name: Randy

"Busted - 6 years"
Bought 5 ton 12 seer in 2003. Regularly maintained unit had 5 year warranty on compressor and worked fine until about last 6 months. Of course, 1 year out of warranty and crapped out. These ac manufacturers have it all figured out. Looking for a new one and not feeling very good about the ratings of any of them.

Date created: 2009-05-15 Name: Michael Ryan

"weather king"
I have Two Two ton weather king units with horizontal gas furnaces. I installed them myself when my house was built in 1984 I have replaced the thermal couples on both units maybe twice each. one unit is under the house and ihad to change the tubing off the gas valve on this unit. Both of the condensing unit I have c/o the contactors once. I generally clean the evaporator coils every couple of years and I clean the condensing coils every year and oil the fan motors.I Have had to put freon in them once a year for the last couple of years. The upstairs unit is giving me trouble right now it is losing freon I checked it last week and it is down again when I get off work this afternoon I am going to check for leaks Hopefully it is the strator valve leaking on the high side service valve. If so maybe I can make it to the fall before I change them out I can not knock weatherking as these units have lasted along tome I am considering installing a package unit down stairs when I do have to change this one. It is in a tight space under house and I am not as slim as I was when I first installed this unit

Date created: 2009-04-27 Name: WEATHERKING

"Weather King 13pja48ao1"
Piece of Junk. I had a home built in Aug 2006 and the fan motor had to be replaced in Aug 2008. Now it is April 2009 and something else is wrong with the a/C.

Date created: 2009-04-21 Name: WEATHERKING

" ac & heat pro"
Its not the equipment thats a peice of junk its how its installed that matters their is certain way to install all ac equipment and true professional will do it right I use weatherking all the time and I never had a problem with them maybe the people your using is not installing them right and for new construction problem is that your ductwork and equipment are probily wrong ! try to get your builder to agree with that he will never tell you its the wrong size because hes liabile

Date created: 2009-04-14 Name: WEATHERKING

"Weatherking works great"
I truly believe that poor installation must be the problem with the bad reviews. My WeatherKing air coditioner works great. I have a great installer! My friend's Dad. I haven't had any problems at all. It runs very quietly and sits just outside my kitchen window. My house is perfectly cool and wonderful.

Date created: 2009-03-13 Name: Dennis Brown
Location: Lexington, SC

"Vey Disappointed in Weather King"
I live in a brand new home less than 2 years old now. The Weather King system was very loud and we were not impressed with the heating this winter. We noticed a sharp increase in our electric bill and the heater was running constantly. Found out the compressor was bad, all the freon was lost and one of the valves on the side had seperated. The compressor has a 5yr warranty, but additional parts and labor comes to more than $500.00.

Date created: 2008-07-11 Name: Stephen Scott
Location: Southern New Jersey

"WeatherKing works well for me"
These reviews here are not really true-to-life I don't think. One man had a new WeatherKing outdoor unit installed and connected to his old dirty clogged indoor coil. This false-economy move on the owner or contractor's part doesn't seem a reasonable thing to condemn the new WeatherKing unit based on. I really think that 99% of people's problems are installation-based. Get a good contractor. I had an old Trane unit for my 2nd floor system, which had several compressor failures. After about six or seven years I gave up and the service guy suggested WeatherKing. I had a 3 ton 13 SEER system installed and it seems to work perfectly and even though outside my bedroom window seems much quieter than the Trane, which used to wake me up. My 1st floor unit is 24 years old and I am having that replaced with a WeatherKing system next week. I really came on here to help me ponder the value of going to 15 or 16 SEER instead of the basic 13 SEER. Which, historically speaking, is already a pretty high SEER rating. To me anyway. But - WeatherKing has been excellent for me. It looks identical to my neighbor's Rheem/Rudd unit and cost me less. It's so quiet that I'm going to buy my father a new WeatherKing heat pump system for his house for his birthday. He will be 90 in August and I never know what to get him. That will be a nice surprise for him I'm thinking.

Date created: 2008-06-15 Name: R. Weatherford
Location: AR

"3.5ton 13 seer"
Functions as good as my previous carrier unit for less than half the cost for same size unit. Most A/C failures on new installs is not the fault of the equipment, but wrong size choice of unit compared to square footage of home, and proper locations of thermostat and ductwork/venting.