Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of TRANE central air conditioners

Read more about TRANE central air conditioners

<< Previous181920212223242526272829Next >>

Date created: 2009-05-17 Name: Jonathan scott

"hope it never breaks down"
Parts are so expensive. its like having a luxury car has a good name but when it breaks down man is it expensive. the the compressor unit out side gets so dirty cause they are spiny the repair man cleaned it for over a hour and it will not get clean making my bills higher.

Date created: 2009-05-15 Name: C. H.

"YCX-042"
We have been very unhappy with this roof top package unit. It has that dirty sock smell the first couple of times ac is used in a season. ac unit it replaced never had this issue. Required a new evaporator coil only a year after install, coil covered under warranty, but labor cost us $500. Now needs another evaporator coil for $2100. Heat has worked fine. Not a good record for a premium brand.

Date created: 2009-05-13 Name: Patti Tichenor
Location: Alabama

"Don't believe the commercials"
We replaced a 13 year old contractor's grade a/c that had started to have problems over the last two years with a very expensive Trane a/c downstairs and a combo heat pump/A-C upstairs. Service call last year, replace freon found 2 possible sources of leaks. Turned it on this year, again, no cooling. Two service calls and over a $1,000 later the coil was replaced (under warranty) charges were for labor, coolant.... The contractor won't budge on the price. I hate trane and their commercials. I should have researched A/Cs better. do not buy a Trane, they are crap. We needed something reliable,(my husband has ms and cannot take the heat and we live in Alabama), but this is a disaster and a total rip off for an unsuspecting consumer. Dare I say, the upstairs has been fine but it does not run as much.

Date created: 2009-05-12 Name: Bill Crossen

"Installed less than 2 Years! June 28 2007"
Needs tvx! Factory mis-installed flare nut and this section of a 2 year old manufactured ahu is unavailable in the continental U.S. and must be remanufactured; minimum 3days plus shipping. What in the world did I buy?

Date created: 2009-05-04 Name: Alan

"Another rane Coil Failure"
Looks like I have to add myself to the list of unhappy Trane owners. After two years the evaporator coil has failed on my new Trane Air Conditioner. Even under warrenty it will cost $1000 by the time the new coil is replaced. Guess it doesn't take much to stop a Trane.

Date created: 2009-04-29 Name: TRANE

"18 months and problems"
After 18 months of owning a Trane My Mom is now having to pay over $500.00 in labor cost because of a bad leaking coil. Yes Trane pays for the coil but you are responsible for the labor freon etc.. When we called the installer they refused to bend .. Now my mom is 80 she is left with a ac unit that the sales person said was the best and most dependable unit on the market.. If trane knows this is a on going problem they should recall the coils.. and pay for all cost. At the cost of new ac units they should not have to repair this quick.. Be careful on what is told to you about how good something is

Date created: 2009-04-26 Name: TRANE

"The worst air conditioning system"
The Trane 4ttr4 system we installed is supposed to be more than we need. It barely works for the first year. But after 12 months it is broken. I would suggest anyone to think twice before choosing Trane air condition systems.

Date created: 2009-04-10 Name: TRANE

"barbara"
I have had the trane unit 3.2 years they are telling me the motors are both leaking oil and need to be replace at the tune of 600 dollars.. I have owned ac for 35 years never had this much trouble

Date created: 2008-12-22 Name: HAROLD BROUSSARD
Location: Opelousas, LA

"MY TRANE UNIT"
I bought this unit with the unthestanding it was a 3.5 ton and it was more then I needed to cool my house it did not after checking the unit installed was only a 3 ton

Date created: 2008-11-19 Name: gene
Location: Daphne, AL

"owner"
I had a trane 12 seer installed new when I built my house. The evaporater coil has failed four times in this time period. Trane rep says it is the environment of the house causing the failures. I asked the rep to mail me a copy of the failure reports, says he don't have any. this is getting expensive. I need help.

<< Previous181920212223242526272829Next >>