Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of TRANE central air conditioners

Read more about TRANE central air conditioners

<< Previous14151617181920212223242526272829Next >>

Date created: 2010-02-19 Name: Sue Sciortino

"BEST EQUIPMENT"
Love Trane - never any problems - great installation company is the key! They have great manufacturers' warrranties, etc. Am switching over to the new freon now and will def. install Trane for the environment! Sue S.

Date created: 2009-12-04 Name: Fred W.
Location: Houston

"Nothing stopped my Trane"
I have had two Trane a/c units (3 ton and 5 ton) since my house was built in '91. I replaced a fan motor in the 5 ton a couple years ago but that has been it. I live in Houston which is about the absolute envirnment possible due to the heat and humidity. I am considering replacing the system due to age, inefficiency and a tax credit. My first choice will be Trane!

Date created: 2009-11-23 Name: G. McElvaney

"A trane wreck"
We have 3 separate Trane units at our home, however the latest one to be installed is a disaster. It is a 13 Seer 410a 4 ton a/C. The unit would continually freeze up so we had to pay to have a fan limit control unit put in that apparently fools the unit so that it will do it's thing. Our serviceman has to come out (at my expense) at least twice per year in order to adjust the high ambient control on the unit so that the unit will function. All we get from the service people is that they do not like it either and hopefully Trane will do something to fix the problem in the future. I have had my last Trane.

Date created: 2009-11-09 Name: A. Sims

"Trane Central Air"
We built our home in 1992 and thought we were having an excellant central air and furnace by Trane installed. We have had so many service calls for loosing freon, had to have the coils in attic replaced at $1,300 expense on top of all the service calls and cost of freon. Now we have a hole in the coils on outside unit. We are replacing the outside and attic units this week. I'm afraid the slogan "You can't stop a Trane" didn't apply to our units.

Date created: 2009-11-05 Name: Sam
Location: Las Vegas

"XR12 AC with XR80 Gas Furnace"
Live in Las Vegas so cool ac is critical. In 2004 replaced york heat pump and ac with the Trane. Saved 30-40% on heating/cooling costs. Runs quiet and cools/heats the home (1679 Sq Ft) rapidly. I've researched many manufacturers and would agree with the hvac folks: quality installation is key to a well running system regardless of manufacturer chosen. Paid $6,000 and have 10 year parts and labor. Great system + proper install = happy customer.

Date created: 2009-09-08 Name: Stan Smyl

"Roll of the dice"
I bought a new rooftop package unit to replace an 8 year old Rheem that was installed by the worst hvac company around, Barnett's Heating and Air of Modesto. I went with Trane and Tenny Norquist just because of my poor Barnett experience. What a difference! I've had my new Trane 3 years now and all I've ever had to do was maintain it 2x a year using Norquist's maintenance agreement. We have Trane's at work and they have been working for quite some time. a little more expensive, but at least I didn't have to worry about the quality of work, or hide my valuables whenever the service technician came to visit, like with Barnetts.

Date created: 2009-09-06 Name: Kathleen Stephens

"Our XR-13 failed after only 2 years!!!"
In August 2007 we had an xr-13 trane a/c unit installed. In August 2009 it failed after 2 years of service. It cost us $710 to have a txu Expansion Valve replaced. We're retired and this expense was definitely not appreciated. Needless to say, we are very disappointed in trane's quality... and the service we were able to receive wasn't the best either. We called the original installer (ars) who charged $99 to come out...only to tell us he couldn't diagnose the problem until the ice on the coil melted...which would cost an additional $147 for him to wait. Since it was Friday afternoon, and he really didn't want to wait, he was going to come back out monday (for an additional $99!!). We ended up having a local contractor come out on Saturday. The service technician didn't even mention a warranty, but I know parts are covered for the first 5 years. If the part is under warranty, how do we get reimbursed for the cost? Our neighbor just had their a/c unit replaced and we told them not to get a trane. They purchased a goodman which Consumer Reports also gives high marks to. Guess we'll live and learn.

Date created: 2009-09-05 Name: Nino Ruggiero

"Nino Ruggiero"
I have two Trane Air conditioner units both 6 years old one unit leaked freon and had to replace the coil cost me over $1100.00 When I looked online to get some more facts on Trane I learned that Trane is owned by Ingersoll Rand everything makes sense now when a company with a good name is bought by a bigger company more often than not they cash on the past reputation and the quality goes down as it happened with Trane.When investing a lot of money in these units they should certainly last more than six years. Oh by the way the warranty on my unit was for five years.

Date created: 2009-08-24 Name: Yvonne

"Trane is to blame"
Five years ago Trane a/c unit was installed new. Many problems...needs new compressor and two other parts (circuit board and relay?). It worked fine up until this year. This is our second call for service this season. I hope parts are readily available. I have a yearly service contract with the furnace company that installed it. I think I'm covered, but it's a huge inconvenience.

Date created: 2009-08-17 Name: Doug

"Trane Installer"
As a small hvac company Only Trane is offered for product. Having installed over 30 units in 2 years there has been 0 problems and the only complaining is that they don't break down. Trane offers a 10 year warranty and stand behind their products 100%. Trane is top of the line with Lennox running second. Carrier running with amanna and goodman.

<< Previous14151617181920212223242526272829Next >>