Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of TRANE central air conditioners

Read more about TRANE central air conditioners

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2013-05-31 Name: Dave
Location: Staten Island, NY

"Be Prepared to Shell Out Lots of $$ and Wait a Long Time"
I've had my combo AC/heating unit for about 10 years. Blower just stopped working. Estimate to fix $984.00. Estimate to get the part, unknown. 5 days and counting in 90+ degrees heat. And this is only the tech's best guess. Not even sure it's the real problem. Stay away, Carrier all the way....

Date created: 2013-05-31 Name: STEVE
Location: arizona

"The Chart on the First Page Says it All"
I have spent hundreds of dollars on my units in the past 5 years and they were new then. Warranty is worthless. Company is unresponsive. Do not buy this product.

Date created: 2013-05-30 Name: Julia Roebuck
Location: Verona, Ms.

"Cooling/Gas Heating Packaged Unit"
I bought this unit on 8-23-10 and it worked properly until last summer (2012). In that time there was a loud sound any time the compressor started in the unit which carried inside the house by the venting. The company which installed the unit has come out several times, but have never found what is causing the problem. Do you have any idea why this happened? The noise through the venting system is very disturbing.

Date created: 2013-04-19 Name: V Wagner
Location: Tampa

""warranty" on parts if you can wait 30 days"
Obviously no one is going to do that. Warranty is a scam! Got a leak in my condenser coil which is "under warranty”. They asked if I could wait for 30 days or buy a new unit. Buying a Carrier.

Date created: 2013-04-15 Name: matt
Location: Boston, Northshore MA

"Nice and Comfortable, No worries."
We're going on 2 years with our Trane Split-system ac -ac only, no heat. I did hours and hours of research prior to going with Trane. My installer actually only sells and installs Trane systems now because of issues in the past with Goodman, Carrier, etc. Granted, not every unit from the factory is perfect, I realize this but when my installer started getting multiple call backs from Customers after installing other brands, he'd have to fight with the ac vendor to get parts. This all changed when he went to Trane. Granted, he had some minor issues here and there but they are significantly less with Trane. Do yourself a favor and check the installer ratings/references and when you get quoted, go with Variable speed motor. We got a Trane xb13 (Because the energy savings from the xb13 to xb14 wasn't substantial enough) and the Hyperion xl tam7 handler. We couldn't be happier with our Trane system.

Date created: 2013-03-27 Name: randy
Location: texas

They say a Trane is hard to stop,maybe but if it stops it is hard and very expensive to get it going again if they can get it going. we bought a new house November 2008,downstairs unit went out September 2012,waited for taxes to come back to get it fixed,service company said it was fan motor,to fix $950.00. OK fix it, Feb 2013 they order parts,maybe 30 days to get parts, 30 days later no parts. No service and cant get any answers from factory so I call factory,lady said she pass on info to rep,he would contact me within 48 hours, no contact,it is only a 8 year old unit and they cant get parts. Trane is a very sorry company,

Date created: 2013-03-18 Name: Rob
Location: clermont fl.

"Two tons high efficiency."
Installation in 1994 . Ran great since with just two recharges in the last 2 years. For 19 years not bad.

Date created: 2013-01-29 Name: Zara King
Location: Mesa,AZ

"S.E. Arizona"
I purchased a Trane AC with heating less than two years ago. We have had a cold spell for the last two weeks and have needed to have our heat on. During the summer months, I use a swamp cooler. This morning I had nothing but cold air blowing out. I called the people I bought it from and they did come right over. 4 hours later they had it all working again and presented me with a bill for $918.18. I was about to fell off my chair. He told me the parts that had gone bad normally would be good for 5 years or so. This was my cost for troubleshooting and labor on something not much used and still under warranty. Yes, I am sick about it.

Date created: 2013-01-29 Name: Glen
Location: Yuma,Az

"Top notch"
There isn`t a central a/c brand out there that doesn't have a bad review. $10,000 goes to some one that can show me one. A lot depends on the contractor. This unit does the job. It's 119 in the summer in AZ. In 2007 they sold out to Ingersol Rand. Has to be serviced twice year for free. It's a crap shoot on any product or brand. We had them all replaced in the past year. TV-washer-refrigerator-toilet. The digital thermostat is good. Had it replaced though. Two compressors are energy efficient.

Date created: 2012-11-26 Name: J Wood
Location: TX

"Trane is the same"
I worked at Trane for awhile and can tell you they were the best at one time. Then they went public and started making changes to reduce cost of manufacturing but go up in price. But today's Trane product is no better that any other product. They use Copeland scroll compressor's (they say it's an Alliance) but 51% of that company is owned by Copeland and is the same compressor as a Copeland. They were bought by Ingersol Rand in 2008 and they have even cheapened it more because they got screwed when they bought it. My suggestion is to buy any brand and have it installed by someone that has a proven track record in installing and service.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>