Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of TRANE central air conditioners

Read more about TRANE central air conditioners

<< Previous1011121314151617181920212223242526272829Next >>

Date created: 2010-07-16 Name: JAG

"JAG"
Has anyone experienced a "mold" problem with any Trane a/c unit? Mold smell &/or actual "mold" green/black on either the inside or outside of the unit? My Trane a/c unit is 4-1/2 yrs. old. During the first season, there was an extreme mold smell. National grid advised to place bleach in the pump. Subsequently, black mold accumulated on the top of the unit. When the unit was opened by another tech, some mold was found in the "pan" which was replaced. I have complained abt a mold smell every year and was given various reasons incl that the mold may be in my vents. Vents cleaned @ $300 cost - no mold! Once again, I have a very strong mold smell. There are 2 model #'s on my extended warranty & can't find either on Trane's website - taywar0011 & tud060c936k. Please post a review of any similar experiences. Thank you!

Date created: 2010-07-07 Name: Charles Johnson

"Trane XE1200 central heat/air"
The evaporator coils started leaking after 8 yrs and the condenser coils started leaking after 10 yrs. When the evaporator was replaced in 2008, it was replaced with a r22 only unit by an authorized Trane dealer. Now that the condensor has gone out, it's going to be hard to find a replacement to match the r22 evaporator. Having a major component failure after only 8 yrs is unacceptable. The unit that I had prior to this one was a Carrier and I had no problems except a rusted out dryer unit after 22 yrs service.

Date created: 2010-07-06 Name: D. Link
Location: Chandler, AZ

"Upset with Trane"
Posted July 6, 2010. We are in Chandler, Arizona. Temp 100+ and have been without air conditioning for the past 4 days (a two year old hv/ac Trane system). Of course, the Trane supplier was closed for the weekend. The condensor has failed. Two months ago, the fan motor died and we waited 4 days for that to be replaced because the Trane supplier isn't open on Saturdays. We were promised that today, the condensor unit would be replaced. One half hour ago, they told us that they cannot get a replacement unit until July 22nd -- 3 weeks from now. We've been told that there are 49 folks ahead of us because condensors are on back order. If that many condensers are going out, what’s the problem with a Trane?? Do not buy a Trane a/c!!! It’s now the middle of summer! We’re not the only ones overheating in Arizona! Do not buy a Trane!

Date created: 2010-06-30 Name: Greg S.

"Happy and Cool"
I have seen a lot of reviews on this site trashing ac companies of all brands. It seems all the ac manufacturers get mostly poor reviews, and it dawned on me that most people only write reviews when they are disgruntled and very few write one when their happy. So here is my positive review. Bought a Trane 3.5 ton xb14 16 Seer w/ variable speed air handler, and couldn't be happier. My bill dropped by $110 per month compared to my old Ruud 12 seer which by the way lasted 16 yrs. My house is cool, and the new unit does a much better job at reducing humidity. A lot of these companies make the same ac under different brand names, Amer Standard and Trane, Amana and Goodman, Rheem and Ruud. Most of these companies make excellent products. The difference comes in with who does the install. Most ac companies have exact specs as to how their units should be installed, and if not done right you will have problems, which are not the ac's fault. It took almost 6.5 hours to install my unit. If yours got installed in 30 mins, be suspicious of whether it was done right. PS, always pull a permit if required, it gives an extra layer of safety to make sure it's done right or it won't pass final. Good luck.

Date created: 2010-06-30 Name: D. Skinner

"2 Trane Units"
The most miserable air conditioners we've ever owned. We purchased 2 new units when our house was built 8 years ago. We have had to call for service (repairs) 13 times in 8 years, including the compressor/condenser which cost us $700 in labor to replace the warrantied parts. Trane customer service could care less. They stopped taking my calls and will not respond to emails years ago. I would never ever recommend Trane to anyone. We have to have a repair(s) done every year to the tune of at least $300 or more.

Date created: 2010-06-29 Name: JJ

"Dealer or Trane?????"
We purchased our home 1 year ago. Everything in the home was newly replaced, including the Trane ac unit (Installed Aug 7, 2008, and serviced every 3 to 6 months). After 1 year of living in the home, the unit stopped blowing cold air. I was told the condensor needed to be replaced. After that was replaced, we found out the compressor was completely shot. The previous owners were only offered a warranty from the installer (a certified Trane company). I have the certificates, receipts, etc. The company will not cover the labor, and they are looking to Trane to replace the compressor. If these people are recommended by Trane, why doesn't Trane cover the labor, too? From what I have read, several compressors go out because of improper installation. After calling around, I found out I can purchase an extended warranty from Trane that will cover everything for 500.00 (something the originally installer left out). For now, I have to pay 1500.00 for labor to install the new compressor. (yes, I have called around and this is the best price for labor! I don't even think doctors make that much per hour in labor!) but if it fails again, I will still have to pay the labor costs unless I purchase the extended warranty. I am still young and will probably purchase many ac units in my lifetime... Trane will not be one of them!

Date created: 2010-06-28 Name: T. Mabry

"Trane and Carrier both excellent systems"
Have owned Trane and Carrier units and both worked very well for me. My current system, a Trane is 7 years old and have had no problems whatsoever. I'd buy another Carrier or Trane any time. They are both good products.

Date created: 2010-06-24 Name: D. Sempert
Location: Florida

"Homeowner"
The Trane 1500, central heat & cool central system is great!! We replaced a 21 year old Trane 1300 which was still running perfectly, because of the rebate offers. The new 1500 is even better than our 1300. Very quiet and an energy saver!! The unit was bought in Sept. and Florida had it's worst winter in over 100 years---THANK you Trane!!! We were toasty warm---it is now July and 99o we are breezy cool.

Date created: 2010-06-24 Name: Disatisfied in New Jersey

"Customer"
My husband and I have researched other companies but felt that Trane was the best solution to purchase a new heating and air conditioning system. This included reducting and putting in a new thermostat. We live in an "l" shape rancher built on a concrete slab. When the temperature outside goes above 97 degrees and above, the house never is cooled below 80 degrees; and the same goes for the winter time of the house being too cold. We had the installers come out on several occasions and it always came down to the same answer how "hot" or how "cold" outside will determine how the temperature inside our house will be. I am very dissatisfied with the installation that was made in our attic as we were adviced. I would not recommend Trane to another person!!!

Date created: 2010-06-24 Name: T. Edwards

"11 year old Trane is perfect"
I had my ac condenser replaced 11 years ago with a Trane unit. I just change the filter every 3 months. Otherwise, it is maintenance free and keeps me cool.

<< Previous1011121314151617181920212223242526272829Next >>