Consumer Reviews of TRANE central air conditioners

Read more about TRANE central air conditioners

<< Previous910111213141516171819202122232425262728Next >>

Date created: 2010-08-03 Name: Richard

"Poor Manufacture"
Purchased a Trane unit 5 years ago. The coil developed a leak. Was told that because of cheap manufacture using aluminum coils could not be repaired. The coil was covered under warranty but the labor wasn't. That was over $800. Dealers love Trane because they make a lot of money replacing coils. The servicemen who came to do the job said they did not like Trane.

Date created: 2010-08-03 Name: Martin Russell
Location: Allen, TX

"Trane Sucks"
Same story as the guy below, both compressors on my two stage ac unit went down. Parts are on back order. Will be at least 5 days to repair. Meanwhile, it is a 105 in Allen, Texas.

Date created: 2010-08-03 Name: Debby
Location: Raleigh

"Broken trane"
Wish I could get more information from the Smiths. We live in Raleigh and need the contact number for a regional Trane rep - please post if you can. Almost same problem. Less than 5 years old, air handler dies every summer. 2nd time this summer, same part. Carolina Comfort is not very responsive. This is obviously a bad air handler or they installed it wrong. Would like Trane to stand behind their products and certification they give to their dealers?

Date created: 2010-07-28 Name: Debbie

"WHAT CAN TOP THIS?"
I've owned my home for 17 years. It still has the original Trane air conditioner from 1971! That makes it 39 years old. It has only needed repair once for a leaky valve. Last year, the service man told me it is still working as good as new. He did convince me that a newer model would be much more efficient so I'm shopping and comparing.

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: Eric Thompson

"Total Junk"
Would never buy this brand again. AC fails 2-3 times per season and repairs take one week average.

Date created: 2010-07-24 Name: C. Taylor

"condenser leak"
A new Trane system less than 2 years old starts leaking. The condenser has a 10 year warranty but over 400 in labor to replace. Something must be wrong if the system fails that soon. I think the installer did something after I complained about racist remarks he was making.

Date created: 2010-07-23 Name: Charlie H.

"XL12"
I have owned a Trane system for 22 years and found that it is normally the equipment but it's installing the equipment. That goes with anyone's equipment. I have been in the field for 44 years from an installer, service tech and engineer. 99% of all problems start with the installer and installing company. Make sure you hire the best.

Date created: 2010-07-22 Name: Mike Kennedy

"14xl"
This has been the worst purchase I could have made.

Date created: 2010-07-20 Name: Bill
Location: Northern VA

"3 1/2 ton system"
3 1/2 ton system came new with the house in 1990. The ac and furnace had to do medium to medium heavy duty here in Northern Va. System lasted 18 years without a problem then the heat went out and we had to replace a control unit. Lasted another 2 years and then it stopped cooling. Decided to replace the system given it's age. Got our money's worth big time.

Date created: 2010-07-20 Name: M. Breu

"Less than 3 year old Junk"
I am a maintenance nut and take very good care of my home. I was a bit surprised when my Trane air conditioner quit working less than 3 years after it was installed. Trying to deal with Trane was akin to banging my head against the wall. They warranty their parts for 5 years but I got stuck with an $828 bill to replace the condenser. I called the customer service representative to try to get Trane to kick in for part of the labor. Instead I got a rep who could see no further than to repeat to me what I had already told him: That I had a 5 year warranty on parts but don't think I should be stuck with the full bill. A long story short, Trane's reputation for excellence is undeserved.

<< Previous910111213141516171819202122232425262728Next >>