Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of TRANE central air conditioners

Read more about TRANE central air conditioners

<< Previous678910111213141516171819202122232425Next >>

Date created: 2010-11-20 Name: David Wood
Location: Lewisville, TX

"Orignal unit built with hom"
The unit says it was made in 1996. I am pretty sure house was built in 1998. It is now November 2010 and unit is still going. I will upgrade next year but only to get more energy efficient.

Date created: 2010-11-09 Name: G McRae
Location: Kernersville NC

"Want to the best"
Want to buy the best so I wanted to see what people had to say that have a Trane.

Date created: 2010-10-29 Name: berledys
Location: spring hill, fl

"Mold"
We decide to get a new Ac for our house, well after three months of having the Trane, I notice a bad smell in my house my daugther of three months at that time was getting really sick with bronchitis and neumonia, we call the trane company many times about the smell, and every single one said that was bacteria,Bacteria? in a new unit,this one on for several months,so I star notice black mold around the vents so we call again one of the guys how works there told my husband that they are not allowed to call it mold so they call it bacteria.just to make the history short. our house is cover with black mold the one how give you cancer in the lungs and bronchitis and neumonia, so is been a year since this happen. the trane company sold us a unit that was to big for our house causing our house to have mold the are not gonna pay for the damage plus they are not gonna replace the unit.We are living in a rental house since sept of 2009.with not much money to fix our house.what a bad nightmare.

Date created: 2010-10-27 Name: Frank Zappia
Location: zap3535@bellsouth.net

"homeowner with tranemodel4twr3036 2years old"
i have been without a/c since oct.22nd 2010 and senica a/c service ,whom i bought it from said the factory could not get me a new coil until nov. 17th. they said that you have a problem with this part! terrible service.

Date created: 2010-10-26 Name: B. SMITH

"FRUSTRATED"
Coils on units are a BIG PROBLEM. CONSTANT REPLACEMENT NEEDED.

Date created: 2010-09-28 Name: Martin Joyce
Location: Bradenton

"Variable speed air handler problems"
Much the same story others have told. Evaporator coil is bad and for $1600 I will have a six year old unit with a new coil. This is the third part to fail on the air handler so I'm thinking of dumping the air handler and buying another to get the 10 year warranty.

Date created: 2010-09-28 Name: M. Glisson

"Bad coil"
After just 3 1/2 years I am replacing the coil in my AC unit which is just 3 1/2 years old. The first service call with the addition of freon cost $335.00. After ordering a new coil (under warranty) labor and start up cost another $450.00. Trane is now the last one on my list a being reliable.

Date created: 2010-09-27 Name: dont blame me
Location: the South

"OWNER"
I have been a Trane dealer for 15 years. The reason I like Trane equip. is because of the quality of material they use on the equipment compared to other manufactures. Trane and American Standard (my opinion) are the best equipment available. I am very meticulous when it comes to quality and doing things right. I do know that the majority of consumers know very little about HVAC and can be taken advantage of easily. I also know that HVAC installs MUST be done correctly or you will have problems. There are so many variables when dealing with HVAC, (proper refrigerant charge and airflow calculation) are the most important . If you cut corners it will bite you later. The hundreds of systems I have installed over the years I have only replaced (1) warranty compressor. Most of the reviews I have read seem like install problems to me. Trane is no different than Porsche, BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc. They are all great until they break. Don't forget about maintenance, how many of you do nothing for preventive maintenance and are surprissed when something fails. OH...hurry, change the filter! A/C units are like cars or anything mechanical, you have to take care of them to get maximum performance. How many of you make sure condenser and evaporator coils remain clean? Condenstae drain lines are maintained? All moving parts are lubricated....etc. Seriously, don't blame Trane, they do make the best equipment. Let me say something, being in business for 30 years. It is extremely difficult finding people that really care about doing the right thing and treating people (the consumer) with respect. Being honest and taking pride in your work seems to be a thing of the past for some people. That is exactly why I have no full time employees and I do all my work myself. I have a wonderful relationship with all my customers. I wish I could assist all the unsatisfied people here, I know I could change your mind about Trane products. If I can be of any help please let me know.....

Date created: 2010-09-22 Name: Greg F.
Location: New Orleans, LA

"Train Units"
I am a general contractor in South Louisiana, I built 198 homes in 2007, and I used 2 different A/C contractors to install my A/C units. One of them installs Luxair and the other installs Trane. I have run the numbers and I have had a 54% warranty call on the luxair and only 7% on the Trane. Granted that the installers make a huge difference of the efficiency of the unit and to be sure it is sized correct for the space it is cooling or heating. Make sure the installers run a J manual on your house before they sale you a unit. The Train install are great installer and I challenge them. One of the biggest things to look for is air leaks and to make sure your system is charged correctly. My installers tell me that Trane recommends they weigh the 410A coolant instead of just using gauges. If I had to get a unit installed it would be a Trane...

Date created: 2010-09-22 Name: stan cooper