Consumer Reviews of TRANE central air conditioners

Read more about TRANE central air conditioners

<< Previous678910111213141516171819202122232425Next >>

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: K.W. Tait
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

"Can't Stop a Trane"
Purchased a Trane A/C unit used back in 1980. Paid $300 for it, the tubing and the coil. After the installer returned the next day to install a filter drier it worked great for 30 years. This past summer it developed a small leak. I've never had a previous service call. I'm looking to upgrade with a high efficiency furnace and air conditioner. After reading lots of the reviews on all the different makes I'm afraid to take out my old Trane.

Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: Mike D
Location: Arizona

"DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU BUY!"
The biggest complaints I see all go back to one main problem: YOU DIDN'T DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU BOUGHT! 1) Don't just read reviews - get the facts on what the system can and cannot do. That comes from the manufacturer. 2) Pick the right contractor. Most states have a Registry for Licensed Contractors. Check their records for complaints. Interview them carefully. You need this person to install it right. A high percentage of complaints are NOT because of "a junk piece of equipment" BUT are attributed to poor install! 3) Learn about what you are buying. Get a basic education in how and why they work. You don't need to run out and get a HVAC Refrigerant Handlers certification. You do NEED to know about the system in general. 4) Have the contractor do a flow study to make sure you have the correct duct and intake size. Proper sizing of the package is what save money. The biggest $$$ occurs when the system initially starts its cycle. Over-cycling is where you lose money! 5) Use the correct filters!! Improper filters (which only only run about $8-$10) can cause a variable speed system to blow up. The term is "volumetric efficiency". If it can't breathe in ... it can't put out. When I read a complaint I can usually see where the person made the mistake. The paid big bucks for repairs = you didn't buy the extended warranty. If the extended warranty wasn't available = you're buying "contractor grade" that doesn't qualify for it. They won't stand behind it = you chose the wrong contractor. I've only had 1 problem with my last Trane. It occurred about 9 years into the life. Repairs were covered 100%. Was I inconvenienced? Yep - It was 110 degrees and I was without AC for about 8 hours. Would I recommend a Trane? - Yep. Getting ready to install another within the month. Just remember - its your money - spend it wisely!

Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: Deepak gaurav
Location: Panjim GOA

"TRANE climate changer air handler model DWAA 1109HA5 A SPARE PARTS DETAIL"
TRANE climate changer air handler model DWAA 1109HA5 A SPARE PARTS DETAIL

Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: Deepak gaurav
Location: Panjim GOA

"TRANE climate changer air handler model DWAA 1109HA5 A SPARE PARTS DETAIL"
Wanted an MODEL- DWAA 1109HA5 A SPARE PARTS DETAIL ( Quantum Climate Changer Air Handler )

Date created: 2010-11-30 Name: J Smith
Location: Tyler, Tx

"Dissatisfied"
It is indeed hard to stop a trane, because it is harder to get it started. Ix1200 is a piece of junk. Has 3rd compressor, heater motor, heater control board, and all double the parts price of the competitors.

Date created: 2010-11-30 Name: l. wolby
Location: la puente,

"heat pump"
The heating/ air conditioning system is very good. It is quiet ,so you can leave it on while you are sleeping and not be disturbed when it turns on & off. It provides a comfortable environment all the time. My only complaint is that the company that installed the unit, and service it, does not seem to be trained by TRANE -- i think that it is analogous to having excellent food but a lousy cook.

Date created: 2010-11-27 Name: phillipgarland
Location: 16380 sw 84 pl Palmetto Bay

"XL 2TT29060 SEER 16.5"
I bought this high efficiency 5 ton unit three years ago. The cost was 7,251. The additional cost would be well worth it since i would save enough on my electrical to eventually pay for the unit What a lie that was. From my first electric bill till now my bills have been much higher. I have had the installer to come out and find out what is wrong since it does not cool very well here in Miami.So far all I've gotten is service bills and no results The last bill was 391.00 and no results. Don't buy Trane! Forget the warranty, It'e worthless.

Date created: 2010-11-20 Name: David Wood
Location: Lewisville, TX

"Orignal unit built with hom"
The unit says it was made in 1996. I am pretty sure house was built in 1998. It is now November 2010 and unit is still going. I will upgrade next year but only to get more energy efficient.

Date created: 2010-11-09 Name: G McRae
Location: Kernersville NC

"Want to the best"
Want to buy the best so I wanted to see what people had to say that have a Trane.

Date created: 2010-10-29 Name: berledys
Location: spring hill, fl

"Mold"
We decide to get a new Ac for our house, well after three months of having the Trane, I notice a bad smell in my house my daugther of three months at that time was getting really sick with bronchitis and neumonia, we call the trane company many times about the smell, and every single one said that was bacteria,Bacteria? in a new unit,this one on for several months,so I star notice black mold around the vents so we call again one of the guys how works there told my husband that they are not allowed to call it mold so they call it bacteria.just to make the history short. our house is cover with black mold the one how give you cancer in the lungs and bronchitis and neumonia, so is been a year since this happen. the trane company sold us a unit that was to big for our house causing our house to have mold the are not gonna pay for the damage plus they are not gonna replace the unit.We are living in a rental house since sept of 2009.with not much money to fix our house.what a bad nightmare.

<< Previous678910111213141516171819202122232425Next >>