Consumer Reviews of TRANE central air conditioners

Read more about TRANE central air conditioners

<< Previous56789101112131415161718192021222324Next >>

Date created: 2011-04-19 Name: John
Location: Akron, OH

"Great Quality"
Great furnance. No problems in 4 years. Woull buy again. Replaced a Carrier system that was a piece of junk - despite being called their top of the line system - after only 6 years.

Date created: 2011-04-09 Name: D.HYATT
Location: LEXINGTON, KY

"XE1000"
I BOUGHT THE XE1000 IN 2003 SINCE THEN I'VE SPENT AROUND $1000 IN REPAIRS. THE LAST 3YRS AT THE BEGINNING OF SPRING THERE'S BEEN PROBLEMS WITH THIS UNIT. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER TRANE, WHEN TRANE SAYS THEY MAKE QUALITY IT'S A LIE. IF YOU BEY A TRANE THEN KEEP YOUR CHECK BOOK CLOSE.

Date created: 2011-03-29 Name: Robert Andres
Location: Naples, FL

"Noisy Fan Motor"
I am a noise consultant called upon to try to solve a problem with a Trane unit (mentioned above) that is generating a pure tone sound in the 240Hz frequency band. I believe that it is hysterisis noise from the fan motor, but customer service at Trane and the local dealer appear clueless. I want to talk with an engineer, but no one returns our calls. If we don't get this resolved, I will have no choice but to delist Trane as an acceptable replacement unit in this condo community.

Date created: 2011-03-12 Name: Howard
Location: Southeast Florida

"Get the right Trane for the application"
I'm a south Florida contractor, and there are some Trane units I don't recommend for certain locations. Some contractors sell you what they make the most money on. You need to do your homework on your equipment and your contractor. The equipment may not be the problem but rather the installation. It is said 70% of all installs are improperly done. Here's a couple of points to look for: should you use the existing copper lines, should you enlarge the return air in the home, is two stage cooling worth the extra money, and should I clean my ducts. Another good point is some size units have better value then others. For example Trane XL 16 is a better value at 3 tons then the 20I. There both two stage cooling and 18 seer rating. The 16 I is around 1300 -1900 less. If you want more information or have question email me at howard.p@prideac.com

Date created: 2011-03-09 Name: RG

"I WILL NEVER BUY TRANE AGAIN"
I HAVE HAD A TRANE FOR 3 YEARS...BRAND NEW UNIT ON NEW CONSTRUCTION HOUSE...EVERY ONE OF THE THREE YEARS I HAVE HAD THE INFAMOUS FREON LEAK EVERYONE IS TALKING ABOUT WITH TRANE...I SEE SOMEONE ON HERE SAY THAT THE PROBLEM IS AIR CONDITIONER REPAIR MEN SCAMS, BUT I WOULD NOT HAVE HAD TO CALL THE GUY IN THE FIRST PLACE IF THE FREON HAD NOT RUN OUT...REPLACED THE COIL THE FIRST YEAR...280.00...REPLACED THE COIL THE SECOND YEAR...280.00 AND NOW AGAIN...THE REPAIR GUY SAYS THAT TRANE REPLACES THE COIL FOR 5 YEARS BUT I HAVE TO PAY THE 280.00 LABOR FEE...SO AFTER THE 5TH YEAR, I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE COIL TOO, SO IT WILL BE WAY MORE ONCE THE WARRANTY RUNS OUT...REPAIR GUY SAYS THEY ARE MAKING THE COILS VERY THIN...WILL NEVER BUY TRANE AGAIN

Date created: 2011-03-02 Name: MEL LOCKLEAR
Location: CORINTH, TX

"BUYER BEWARE TRANE XL20I"
THIS IS THE TOP OF THE LINE FROM TRANE. IT IS SOLD TO CONSUMERS AS TO HOW WELL IT IS BUILT AND TESTED HOWEVER WITHIN 6 MONTHS FAILURE OF BOTH COMPRESSORS AS WELL AS SOME UNKNOWN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM. TRANE STATES THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED, BUT IS UNWILLING TO REPLACE THE COMPRESSOR UNIT, INDICATING THERE MUST BE THREE EVENTS BEFORE THEY WILL CONSIDER AND THE FAILURE OF BOTH COMPRESSORS IS CONSIDERED ONE.....IF THEY ARE NO MORE WILLING TO STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT THEN THIS YOU MAY WANT TO RETHINK TRANE

Date created: 2011-02-25 Name: t

"Awesome"
Awesome quality

Date created: 2011-01-14 Name: j. erhardt
Location: phoenix

"suppervisior"
Cannot rate Lennox yet, Had a Trane for 30 years and finally it bit the az dirt, in process of getting new one but after reading oaa the dissatisfied people with Lennox guess I will be getting a Trane,this unit never gave me one bit of trouble, and Had it since the house was built in 1976,Trane was very good to me,,

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: K.W. Tait
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

"Can't Stop a Trane"
Purchased a Trane A/C unit used back in 1980. Paid $300 for it, the tubing and the coil. After the installer returned the next day to install a filter drier it worked great for 30 years. This past summer it developed a small leak. I've never had a previous service call. I'm looking to upgrade with a high efficiency furnace and air conditioner. After reading lots of the reviews on all the different makes I'm afraid to take out my old Trane.

Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: Mike D
Location: Arizona

"DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU BUY!"
The biggest complaints I see all go back to one main problem: YOU DIDN'T DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU BOUGHT! 1) Don't just read reviews - get the facts on what the system can and cannot do. That comes from the manufacturer. 2) Pick the right contractor. Most states have a Registry for Licensed Contractors. Check their records for complaints. Interview them carefully. You need this person to install it right. A high percentage of complaints are NOT because of "a junk piece of equipment" BUT are attributed to poor install! 3) Learn about what you are buying. Get a basic education in how and why they work. You don't need to run out and get a HVAC Refrigerant Handlers certification. You do NEED to know about the system in general. 4) Have the contractor do a flow study to make sure you have the correct duct and intake size. Proper sizing of the package is what save money. The biggest $$$ occurs when the system initially starts its cycle. Over-cycling is where you lose money! 5) Use the correct filters!! Improper filters (which only only run about $8-$10) can cause a variable speed system to blow up. The term is "volumetric efficiency". If it can't breathe in ... it can't put out. When I read a complaint I can usually see where the person made the mistake. The paid big bucks for repairs = you didn't buy the extended warranty. If the extended warranty wasn't available = you're buying "contractor grade" that doesn't qualify for it. They won't stand behind it = you chose the wrong contractor. I've only had 1 problem with my last Trane. It occurred about 9 years into the life. Repairs were covered 100%. Was I inconvenienced? Yep - It was 110 degrees and I was without AC for about 8 hours. Would I recommend a Trane? - Yep. Getting ready to install another within the month. Just remember - its your money - spend it wisely!

<< Previous56789101112131415161718192021222324Next >>