Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of TRANE central air conditioners

Read more about TRANE central air conditioners

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>

Date created: 2011-05-06 Location: Dallas, NC

"Can't stop the Trane"
Well I had to buy an air conditioner around spring time last year since our old one had went out. I have loved out Trane ever since we got in installed. The installation was pretty simple. Once we got it installed, it was smooth sailing from there. The Trane has kept us cool when we needed it ever since. I loved the reasonable price for how well the product works. One thing that I don't really care for is that sometimes the unit can be a little loud. I have never had any problems with the unit and have never had to replace a part. I would highly recommend to a friend to buy a Trane as they are reliable products.

Date created: 2011-05-06 Location: Nashville, TN

"Nothing Stops a Trane! It's True."
When we bought our house 5 years ago I was pleased to see that the previous owner had upgraded the heating and cooling unit to a Trane. My mother has had a Trane for years, so I knew the quality was great. I like that the AC part outside doesn't look too bad, and is fairly quiet, since it is under our son's window. So far, we've just had it serviced once a year (at best) and it is still going strong. The only issue I have had with it is that the spot the condensation leaks out at got stopped up once and I had a small pool of water in the garage floor. All I had to do was run a pipe cleaner a few inches in the pipe and it was fine. When this one does go out, we'll buy another Trane unit for sure. The unit is now around 9 years old, but hopefully it'll keep going for a while. My mom's is 15 years old now....I love it. It's not even that expensive to operate, and we have a pretty big house.

Date created: 2011-05-06 Location: Phoenix, AZ

"I'm happy with my Trane A/C unit"
I've had this unit installed in my 2000 s.f. home for about 6 years now and it does wonders in the triple digit heat we have during the summers. I know many of my friends and family that live in the area always say how they never hear my A/C unit running but my house is always so cool. I also notice a difference in some of their homes because I do hear their units coming on much more often than mine does. Mine also seems much more energy efficient then theirs when we compare our summer energy bills. I had a small issue with a fuse on the unit a couple years ago and the repair man was able to fix the problem the next day and the part was only $26! I would say that I am overall very pleased with my Trane unit and would not only recommend it to my friends, relatives, and coworkers, but I can honestly say that I don't think I would buy a different brand in the future.

Date created: 2011-05-05 Name: roger malone
Location: Tampa Bay,Fl.

"TRANE NIGHTMARE UPDATE"
Well,this is an update of my post of one week ago.The leaking evaporator coil in our four month old completely new Trane 15.25 SEER A/C was replaced last Friday.It is the following Thursday.I just opened the door to the air handler closet and there's green oily fluid that resembles auto anti-freeze running down the front of the air handler cabinet from inside the unit.Next step will be a consumer attorney.I can't believe I spent so much money to buy a nightmarish headache.The so-called technicians are a bunch of inept boobs to say the least.DO NOT BUY TRANE!!!

Date created: 2011-05-04 Location: Winston Salem NC

"I Love My Central Air"
We just purchased a house and this unit was installed. The place that we moved from the air ran constantly to keep the house somewhat cool. The Trane at the house we purchased keeps the house cool is very quiet and is economical. We went from a 250+ power bill to a $100 or less power bill. So far we have not had to have it worked on and we have been this is our second summer here. The only thing that I had to get use to was when it first starts up with the heat a little blue light comes on that say auxillary heat. It is only on for a couple of minutes and then it goes off. I contacted a heating and air specialist about this and they said that it was normal. I am not the type of person that likes "warning style" lights that come on. Other than that I love the unit. I would absolutely recommend a Trane to everyone! When the time comes and it needs to be replaced it will be replaced by another Trane!!

Date created: 2011-05-03 Name: Mark
Location: Woodward, OK

"Great Quality"
Our old Trane central air unit finally died, after 25 years of hard service! I had several bids, but the warranty, local distributor, and the service was best with Trane. Pricing was competitive too, but these units are not only very efficient, but they are also very quiet. This is a new unit this spring (2009), so time will tell on the quality, but the warranty that was included gives us peace of mind.......

Date created: 2011-05-02 Name: Ted Achladis
Location: Jackson, TN

"Good Quality"
We bought our house last year and it came with a 13 year old Trane A/C. Actually the entire set-up is Trane. We were conderned about the age of the system so we had a technician evaluate the system. He was very clear- while he would love to sell us a new system he said what we have looks really good and was well maintained.

Date created: 2011-05-02 Name: Juan Marco
Location: Beaumont, TX

"Trane is a great product"
Brand new A/c installed four months ago. Works great. Zero compiants/issues. Highly recommend.

Date created: 2011-05-02 Name: Harrison
Location: Jefferson City, MO

"Recommended"
Replaced a 10 year old system with a new Trane X15i system two years ago. What a great system! The installer was admiment about installing a matched system - a/c, Coil and Furnace(xr90). Its night and day from our prior system. The installer threw in a free 1 year maintance program after the installation. They came out in the fall and spring to prep the system for the comming season. It also gave us free emergency calls (if needed - never were). The installer said they never give free maintenance contracts out on other equipment due to the amount of issues they get on other equipment. Great product and great service!

Date created: 2011-05-02 Name: Roger
Location: Atlanta, GA

"Built Like a Trane!"
New Trane A/C and condenser installed three years ago. We live in a very humid climate in Georgia, this A/C has been fantastic. No problems from day 1, has been dependable. Trane touts their patented coil design, while I can tell it's designed different. It's hard to tell if it will last longer. I do know that it's much more efficient than our last system and that this system has not once failed us despite some long and hot summers. Highly recommended.

<< Previous345678910111213141516171819202122Next >>