Comparing over 45,000 air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps

Consumer Reviews of TEMPSTAR central air conditioners

Read more about TEMPSTAR central air conditioners

Date created: 2011-12-18 Name: Matt turner
Location: Sandusky, ohio

"Tempstar dealer"
I am also a dealer/installer and this all falls back on to the installer, I could install a goodman and make it run forever, lets be real, there are a lot of short cuts taken now a days by companies to pinch pennies. My family has put Tempstar next to our name for over 20 years and we have never been let down. The warranties are second to none and the quality of the unit is the same. When you pay for the name you will pay a lot: Trane, Carrier, Lennox, good luck finding a reasonable price for those parts and someone to put them in. Tempstar is the best hidden secret in the industry, period!

Date created: 2011-12-08 Name: Snell
Location: Jacksonville, Fl.

"Noisy Tempstar"
I read about 20 reviews of the Tempstar and I believe they were all written by one stupid person. All the good reviews, that is. My Tempstar is so loud, I believe the neighbors are going to complain. I can barely stand to hear it growling every few minutes. Never had that problem with any other AC/heating unit. I am not happy at all with the noise.

Date created: 2011-12-04 Name: Sue C
Location: Phoenix, AZ

"Tempstar 5 ton split unit 16 seer ac"
Replaced our 13 year old Tempstar air conditioner (10 years is about all you can expect in the Phoenix 110-118 degree summers) with this new 16 seer 5 ton Tempstar split unit with gas furnace. This is model txa6 and keeps our 2500 square foot home comfortable even in the blazing summer heat. Our summer electric bills were about 20% lower than the previous summer. The unit is very quiet and the filters are way easier to change than in our previous air conditioner. I would recommend Tempstar and obviously did buy it again (and will do so in the future).

Date created: 2011-11-09 Name: J Miracle
Location: Tampa Fl.

"Help?"
Why does my Tempstar Smart Comfort 2200 now make a high Pitched sound? Very Annoying. Thanks in Advance for any help you can give.

Date created: 2011-10-03 Name: John Benedict
Location: PA

"Attention consumers"
I have sold Tempstar for years. For many years before I was an installer and service technician. For those of you complaining about refrigerant leaks that you must keep continuing to have a technician come out and re-charge, I have a question. Why doesn't he fix the leak? How do you know the leak isn't one of his solder joints? If it's in the fin pack of a coil why doesn't he take out his electronic leak detector (haha most low grade technician's don't own one, they're too cheap) and find the leak, report it to their distributor, and get a new coil under warranty? Tempstar has excellent warranties and they stand behind their products. There have been some very small legitimate service issues over the years, every manufacturer has them, but a good technician will find it and fix it and /or replace it.

Date created: 2011-09-21 Name: M.Vasho
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL

"TempStar"
This is the best Tempstar TCH260AKC1 a/c unit I have ever had. Never had anything but a Trane, the Trane broke in less than 8 years, cost me tons of money to fix over those 8 years, it was loud, it would not work after winter. Never heard of a TempStar but will never will forget it now. Five years and not a problem. Quite, very good blower, you do have to change the air handler to match the a/c unit however the entire thing was less than a Trane unit alone. Including adding a new whole house filter and a uv light. Definitely would buy from this company again hope I don't have to.

Date created: 2011-08-31 Name: Joshua Angiel
Location: Southern California

"Tempstar Installer"
I am in agreeance with the other Tempstar Installer review on here 150%. I am also a Tempstar Dealer here in Southern California. I have been installing Tempstar for about 10 years now and have had 1 call back. I stand by this product and even brand my trucks with the Tempstar logo. This product is reliable, quiet, reasonably priced (for the contractor and the homeowner). Look lets face it all falls on the installer. These other reviews that I read on here (mainly the dissatisfied ones)to me its funny how most of them have a leak issue!!! Can I just say someones getting ripped off!!!! Once again, it falls on the installer. I Know... I Know... All ac Guys say there equipment is the best Tempstar, Carrier, Ruud, Rheem, Day & Night.... Its all the same.... All your paying for is the name!!! And in some cases like Carrier...It's an expensive name. Look bottom line is Don't Brand bash when your installer is ripping you off!!! Do your research and get more than one opinion. Hire the honest guy. I Am one of them and hate guys that give us honest guys a bad reputation.

Date created: 2011-08-26 Name: Joe Frank
Location: Matthews NC

"Expansion valves stink"
I trusted the name Tempstar/Carrier, but not anymore. I live in Charlotte North Carolina and summers are hot. My new ac system has failed 4 times in 1 year all due to the same issue. EXPANSION Valve STINKS. Each time my wife and I are living in swelter for over a week until a new valve arrives. Yesterday I came home from work and my wife was physically sick with her head in the freezer. I contacted our contractor and he assured me that the new (4th new valve) will arrive today and we will have ac by the weekend. Another miserable week. Thanks Tempstar. How long until this valve fails and we're in the freezer again?

Date created: 2011-08-16 Name: Aaron Harkness
Location: Olathe, Kansas

"Tempstar Installer"
Hello, I am a contractor, installer and dealer of Tempstar equipment here in Kansas City. I understand all of your concerns of poor quality equipment from Tempstar. However, I would like to point out some very important things about Tempstar. 1. Manufactured by the same company that owns Carrier. 2. Are not as picky as to who they sell to as Carrier is (It's a red headed step child brand) and there in-lies the rub. Poor quality installs. For contractors like me, it's great equipment that I can install at a great price! For other contractors who are the "take the money and run" types... It's a dream. Those guys are ruining it for guys like me. They make it hard to sell Tempstar. I can't buy Lennox or Carrier at a dealer rate because I don't have a store front. I'm an Iraq/Afghanistan war veteran. I do things honestly. I do good work. I do it the right way. 3. Research the Installer! Get references! I have over 100 Tempstar customers in this area who would say nothing but good things about my work and the equipment I sell. Thanks, Aaron Harkness Sensible Heating and Cooling www.sensibleheatingandcooling.com aaron@sensibleheatingandcooling.com

Date created: 2011-07-30 Name: D. Soper
Location: Lexington, SC

"Condenser Coil Leaks"
I have had the condenser coil replaced 4 times due to leaks! Everything else in the system has been good, but their condenser coils are horrible!